29th March 2019, 04:33 PM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 274

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil.asmar

Yeah im unrooted, but im willin to root to install your rom

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Id like to ask about the Battery Life, how does it compare to stock?

Battery life for me is very similar compared to stock, but my phone feels much faster, benchmarks score around the same only slightly higher.
If you are unrooted i don't think there is a safe way to backup your app data.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Synt4x.93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Synt4x.93 Ad-Free

29th March 2019, 08:05 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I hope my request is not a burdensome one to you but can you make a build for the korean version of note 9 (N960N)?
29th March 2019, 11:19 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
great developer, awesome rom - fast, nce and smooth........
30th March 2019, 12:28 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 265

More
Interesting .. Is HWC fixed now?

Nvm just saw your comment on HWC. Hopefully 16 comes sooner then later. Thanks for taking your time to release some new updated Asop goods.
30th March 2019, 05:49 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xshooter726

Interesting .. Is HWC fixed now?

Nvm just saw your comment on HWC. Hopefully 16 comes sooner then later. Thanks for taking your time to release some new updated Asop goods.

HWC is not broken on oreo
The Following User Says Thank You to Vaughnn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vaughnn Ad-Free
30th March 2019, 07:26 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hell yes !! Thanks to the dev to make it possible ! Just a few questions about the spen before flashing that masterpiece

Are the spen and its features fully compatible with the rom just like the stock one or will I need to do some manipulations to get it ? And how about the spen smoothness in general ?

Thanks in advance
30th March 2019, 07:30 PM |#17  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwell94

Hell yes !! Thanks to the dev to make it possible ! Just a few questions about the spen before flashing that masterpiece

Are the spen and its features fully compatible with the rom just like the stock one or will I need to do some manipulations to get it ? And how about the spen smoothness in general ?

Thanks in advance

The Spen works well and will act like a mouse like it does in all aosp roms, it works to hover it over the screen and sensitivity is good, but the button won't work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Synt4x.93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Synt4x.93 Ad-Free
30th March 2019, 07:40 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synt4x.93

The Spen works well and will act like a mouse like it does in all aosp roms, it works to hover it over the screen and sensitivity is good, but the button won't work.

Yeah I understand what you mean. Not gonna lie that a bit frustrating. I'm a daily user of the Spen and that's way I was asking for it. I mean almost all its features are there excepting that button.. Anyway I will probably flash that one but do you know if it would be possible to make that button work in the future ?
30th March 2019, 07:43 PM |#19  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwell94

Yeah I understand what you mean. Not gonna lie that a bit frustrating. I'm a daily user of the Spen and that's way I was asking for it. I mean almost all its features are there excepting that button.. Anyway I will probably flash that one but do you know if it would be possible to make that button work in the future ?

I highly doubt AOSP will support the bluetooth button charging etc, as it's a samsung specific thing
31st March 2019, 05:55 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
for the S-Pen, I have been using AOSP rom 8.1

if you love AOSP and have a good reason to flash it, then it is possible to gain back some of the spen features in AOSP, not as smooth as in Sammy's Roms but ok, I posted what i did here, there is even a video showing what I did. it involves root, and xposed, (now ed exposed)

as for the spen bluetooth capability, the Spen is still active and recharges by itself. if you download nRF connect or lightblue apps from playstore, once you click the button you can see the pen as a bluetooth device SPEN (0D27) ZK, through these apps you can even subscribe to the service and get notifications when the button is pressed, so techinically speaking if someone has app development knowledge this can be done easily. to my limited knowledge I documented what I have discovered here

I have suggested to nRF connect App devs if they can have a tasker plugin so we upon a spen button click we can use tasker to make different actions, they reacted positively, the dev mentioned that they might work on it but might take some time since they are short resourced. but been some time since.

I did a funny workaround once, they keep the log in data/data/no.nordicsemi.android.log/databases, so when that file changes you can read the line change and read the button event, and trigger a tasker action.

its doable, just needs a proper dev that works on it. an AOSP spen remote, or even a custom BLE notification tasker plugin if he wants to make it universal and target alot of devices such as smartwatches..

last note: if the spen works funny in landscape, there is a post in the same thread showing how to fix it.
@Synt4x.93 I will flash this rom today.. Thank you for the awesome work..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to that_same_guy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift that_same_guy Ad-Free
31st March 2019, 02:17 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I wish I weren't a fan of spen features. Stock firmware is hard to mod and there are many complications when it comes to certain magisk modules and (ed)xposed modules but the spen features are very good. I backed up everything and downloaded this rom but then stopped myself from flashing it because I will loose spen features. But I love lineageos but spen but lineage but the pen...
What a dilemma!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)