FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[REFERENCE] ELS - exynos-linux-stable (4.9.177)

1,053 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,825

By farovitus, Senior Member on 24th August 2018, 07:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from farovitus: - PIE READY
27th November 2018, 01:26 PM |#11  
Flag Equestria
Thanks Meter: 534

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farovitus

4.9.140 has been merged.

that now builds for me.. in the exact same environment, Ubuntu 14.04 in vagrant with a script:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
set -e

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y git build-essential bc

cd $HOME

[ -d aarch64-linux-android-4.9-kernel ] || git clone --depth=1 https://bitbucket.org/UBERTC/aarch64-linux-android-4.9-kernel
[ -d crownlte ] || git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/exynos-linux-stable/crownlte

export ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-android- PATH=$HOME/aarch64-linux-android-4.9-kernel/bin:$PATH

cd crownlte
make exynos9810-crownlte_defconfig
make -j8
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phoenix09 Ad-Free

27th November 2018, 08:22 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut

Donate to Me
More
4.9.141 has been released.
The Following User Says Thank You to farovitus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift farovitus Ad-Free
9th April 2019, 03:44 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
hi, i need a stock note 9 pie kernel (CSB3), i flashed another kernel and it wont allow me to go past my login, can you please direct me to a stock pie kernel so i can flassh and get in?
10th April 2019, 02:37 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafioso345

hi, i need a stock note 9 pie kernel (CSB3), i flashed another kernel and it wont allow me to go past my login, can you please direct me to a stock pie kernel so i can flassh and get in?

Don't ask here.. Just take a Rom like ketan and flash only kernel via aroma. Done

Ketan p06 has CSB3 base so that kernel will work no problem.
18th May 2019, 05:43 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut

Donate to Me
More
- 4.9.177 merged in.
- Merged CSDE OSRC into crownlte exynos-linux-stable tree.

https://github.com/exynos-linux-stable/crownlte

As always, join https://t.me/exynos_linux_stable to get instantly notified of every ELS update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farovitus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift farovitus Ad-Free
31st May 2019, 08:54 PM |#16  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 915

More
I know it's a stupid question but how to pack kernel inside IMG? I want to get image for heimdall.
I've honestly googled but it looks like everybody just knows how to do this. And nobody discuss it
1st June 2019, 04:30 AM |#17  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1,817

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -W_O_L_F-

I know it's a stupid question but how to pack kernel inside IMG? I want to get image for heimdall.
I've honestly googled but it looks like everybody just knows how to do this. And nobody discuss it

You'll want to use Android Image Kitchen to unpack and repack kernels inside images. You can diff the unpacked boot.img provided in devbase with mine to see the basic ramdisk modifications to prevent forced encryption or various other issues. Or you can just unpack my image, it's relatively basic with it's modifications. Hope this helps.

EDIT: You can also look at my make9810.sh script on GitHub to see the various steps I take for repacking my images.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eamo5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Eamo5 Ad-Free
12th July 2019, 11:15 PM |#18  
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 111

Donate to Me
More
Can someone explain what this is for? Is this purely for use with linux on DEX or are you guys flashing linux direct to your Note9 somehow? Or updating the kernel that android is running on?
13th July 2019, 04:33 PM |#19  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 915

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandario

Can someone explain what this is for? Is this purely for use with linux on DEX or are you guys flashing linux direct to your Note9 somehow? Or updating the kernel that android is running on?

It's a reference kernel source with all recent patches from vanilla kernel applied to Samsung stock one. Some developers use this source as a base for their custom kernels. This is what it's for.

ELS is for Android. But I'm developing a kernel that can boot Linux (GNU/Linux) on Note9. And yes, it's based on ELS sources.
The Following User Says Thank You to -W_O_L_F- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -W_O_L_F- Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)