Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from s3xxt0y: Bag Fixes
14th December 2018, 10:25 PM |#91  
Flag Manama, Bahrain
Thanks Meter: 644

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_same_guy

yes, you are right, it is GMD SPen Control.. it works. sad that the developer does not update it, I sent him a message, suggested if he can have an action for hover spen click, with details, but he did not reply. anyway the app works perfectly as is.
it has in the menu, S Pen Settings, in there you can setup sound and actions for S Pen attachment or detachment

I made a video here, shows how it is set up, watch it first.

now you can download the programs, set them up the way you want, if you want my setup:
I am going to share that tasker project below and explain below how to use it, if you want you can import it, edit it to your liking and use it.

if you have tasker, you can hold tap on one of the projects at the bottom, click import and then use the .xml file(inside the zip file).
it will import 3 events and a bunch of tasks. below i will be explaining how to use them, if you want.
just make sure that the tasks and events dont have (red triangle caution sign) which means there is an error, could be a program is missing, it will say, but if you dont fix it, the task might stop when it gets to this error line.

after importing you have to do afterwards so setup with the programs

so I am using:
- GMD SPen Control
for the spen events and sounds, I linked them with the tasker,
if you dont have tasker and dont want to use it, you can link these actions to xposed edge custom menu that you will make. (as simple as that, and ignore most of what i have written below)

I linked them to tasker: to use it to know when my spen is out so if i start walking i get the reminder. another thing is to have different behavior if i would have clicked the bixby button while doing it. also if you are using the overlay it will turn it off when the pen is back.
Attach action: shortcuts > tasker > Spen attached
Detach Action: shortcuts > tasker > Spen deattached
once this is done, the event S Keeper would automatically work, ( notification if you leave the spen and move)

I also have a gesture Pen hold linked to Xposed Edge, Pen Shortcut

- Xposed Edge
i first made a custom menu shortcuts panel, i added what i needed,
then i remapped the bixby button to my liking, click: the shortcut panel from xposed edge and long press: tasker task R_AssistButtonLong, with it i have inside stop media shortcut(you can change it), and it has a variable i use to determine if the button is clicked or not, if it is then the spen is pulled then it does different behavior. so if you dont care about two behaviors then just customize them in xposed edge app
I have made a left sided panel too

- Swiftly Switch optional
you can use any pie/edge shortcuts app you want, i personally like this one, and i have also links to the menus i have done above.

- Tasker obviously
I also use autoshortcuts plugin, download it from playstore, it has to be installed.
again you can edit it to your liking.

if you want to add the HDMI rotation quick tile, go to Tasker > preferences > action tab > select task: HDMI is Off . back, apply changes.
then open the status notification menu, edit quick tiles, then find it and drag it up

- Squid
for notes, it is really good with the spen, it uses the button too, and has palm rejection.
if you will use the tasker project then download it because it is linked to one of the tasks

- Overlays
floating widgets and shortcuts that would show on top of any app

- Scarlet
note taking app, well done, and can also minimize to show on top.

also btw, I have contacted one of the app developers that created nRF Connect, (it is an app that you can interact with BLE devices, in our case the SPen, it is mainly made for developers of apps). I suggested having a tasker event to BLE devices so regular joes like us can utilize the app, he replied positively but said it might take time cuz they are short resourced, so maybe one day we will be able to use the spen from distance on AOSP, link it to actions, through this app and tasker. very good news as an AOSP user. in fact it would work for if you have a smartwatch too.

hope this helped, let me know if you have found handy tips yourself.

Okay seriously. It's time for you to put all of your Spen on AOSP knowledge to a thread which should probably be sticky'd. Make a thread. It's very useful information.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nasty_z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nasty_z Ad-Free

15th December 2018, 11:30 AM |#92  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 481

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty_z

Okay seriously. It's time for you to put all of your Spen on AOSP knowledge to a thread which should probably be sticky'd. Make a thread. It's very useful information.

I totally agree. Already said this haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to CodeFox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CodeFox Ad-Free
16th December 2018, 12:00 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:

Thank you for the motivation. I might do one. I will look for more things to make it worth it. Or post it when nRF connect is ready.

Again big thanks to CodeFox for the greatly cooked rom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to that_same_guy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift that_same_guy Ad-Free
9th January 2019, 09:18 AM |#94  
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Well would there be any future version of this AICP ROM ?
The Following User Says Thank You to piku2008 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift piku2008 Ad-Free
11th January 2019, 08:24 AM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
flash this rom coming from dr. ketans pie rom, format files, flash vendor image then flash rom...

its an awesome rom, hoping new releases soon.

thanks
18th April 2019, 01:24 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
no update.i love rom
18th April 2019, 07:06 PM |#97  
Flag Manama, Bahrain
Thanks Meter: 644

More
@CodeFox

I've noticed that there are no updates being made to aosp roms towards android 9. If you don't mind, could you please explain the reason? Just curious, don't mean to be rude.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nasty_z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nasty_z Ad-Free
21st April 2019, 05:54 PM |#98  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 481

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

@CodeFox

I've noticed that there are no updates being made to aosp roms towards android 9. If you don't mind, could you please explain the reason? Just curious, don't mean to be rude.

We've built pie based AOSP roms however samsung has done something odd with their vendor partition with their upgrade to pie which renders the hardware composer broken. With HWC broken the roms have broken white balance and aren't smooth along with added battery drain as the roms will use GPU to render UI elements.

A couple of these builds were released on our telegram channel but they suck.

Due to this issue I have actually sold my Note 9 and switched to a Pixel 3 XL in January. There's no hope for pie based AOSP Roms I'm afraid, unless you want a buggy experience.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CodeFox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CodeFox Ad-Free
9th May 2019, 09:35 PM |#99  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 310

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeFox

We've built pie based AOSP roms however samsung has done something odd with their vendor partition with their upgrade to pie which renders the hardware composer broken. With HWC broken the roms have broken white balance and aren't smooth along with added battery drain as the roms will use GPU to render UI elements.

A couple of these builds were released on our telegram channel but they suck.

Due to this issue I have actually sold my Note 9 and switched to a Pixel 3 XL in January. There's no hope for pie based AOSP Roms I'm afraid, unless you want a buggy experience.

Do we know what exactly changed with the pie vendor?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
6th June 2019, 10:30 AM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Create this rom for s8 plus exynos?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)