362 posts
Thanks Meter: 532

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from s3xxt0y: Initial Release
crDroid ROM for the Galaxy Note 9

What is this?
crDroid based on LOS for Galaxy Note 9. Based on Android 8.1

What's working?
Mostly everything, including dual speaker.

What's not working?
MTP - I've implemented a fix, just need to build again.
Powering off - if you power off your phone completely the rom won't boot. You need to go to trwp and reboot to system to get back in.
Let me know of any other issues.

Instructions:
Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional.
Download the latest build linked below
Reboot to recovery
Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs). Even better if you have nothing to loose and wipe system,data,cache,storage etc
Flash the latest build (and gapps). GAPPS ARE NOT INCLUDED
Reboot and enjoy

Changelog:
  • 19.10.2018- Initial Release

Downloads:

Galaxy Note 9 Exynos:
ROM Mega
ARH6 Vendor Required

Providing feedback:
Please feel free to provide feedback. We're trying to squash out as many bugs as possible.

JOIN OUR TELEGRAM GROUP!
https://t.me/joinchat/E_rQyU__5M_5wph6FrnpKA I'm under the name CodeFox if you need help.

Credits:
crDroid: It's their ROM.
Rainbow_Dash & malinathani: 90% of Credit to them for helping me put the build together and linking me to sources.
Vaughnnn: For his Device Trees in GitHub
Ivan: Helping me Seal the Deal. (Get him Recognised Seal status pls)
tylerr: First tester, came up with the solution to power off problem. Thank you.
Iqbal Sareem: ROM God.

Changelog:
19.10.2018 Initial Release

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][LOS][8.1] crDroid 4.7 [NOTE9][Exynos][19.10.2018], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
s3xxt0y, Rainbow_Dash, malinathani, jesec,Vaughnn,farovitus
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Vendor ARH6
Based On: crDroid, LOS

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1
Beta Release Date: 2018-10-19

Created 2018-10-19
Last Updated 2018-12-29
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CodeFox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CodeFox Ad-Free
19th October 2018, 06:13 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,619

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow_Dash

despacito

but shirley temple
19th October 2018, 06:15 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow_Dash

despacito

Thread is copypasta from your thread if you can't tell. I couldn't be bothered to make it pretty tho
The Following User Says Thank You to CodeFox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CodeFox Ad-Free
20th October 2018, 01:23 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 214

Donate to Me
More
­čÖĆ­čÖĆ
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vaughnn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vaughnn Ad-Free
21st October 2018, 08:26 AM |#6  
Flag Manama, Bahrain
Thanks Meter: 656

More
I've been using this rom for the past 12 hours. Very good. Haven't run into any issues other than the brightness bug but that's in Pixel Experience as well and you're using the same device tree so that is to be expected. (Brightness gets stuck at max once you set it at max and you have to reboot to make it unstuck)

Features are very welcome and rom is quite smooth overall. Definitely daily driver material. Really enjoying it. Appreciate your contribution to this device. I'll report anything else I find.

Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nasty_z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nasty_z Ad-Free
21st October 2018, 09:18 AM |#7  
Flag Kiel
Thanks Meter: 1,475

Donate to Me
More
Wow. I know Crdroid from one of my previous phones. Welcome
The Following User Says Thank You to st├Ârte For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift st├Ârte Ad-Free
21st October 2018, 09:49 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty_z

I've been using this rom for the past 12 hours. Very good. Haven't run into any issues other than the brightness bug but that's in Pixel Experience as well and you're using the same device tree so that is to be expected. (Brightness gets stuck at max once you set it at max and you have to reboot to make it unstuck)

Features are very welcome and rom is quite smooth overall. Definitely daily driver material. Really enjoying it. Appreciate your contribution to this device. I'll report anything else I find.

Thank you

The brightness bug went away for me strangely. Turn on adaptive brightness and reboot and see if it goes away. Glad it's working well for you anyway. The only issue I've noticed is a bit of lag with the vibration motor when typing but turning off haptic feedback resolves that.
22nd October 2018, 07:29 AM |#9  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 643

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3xxt0y

The brightness bug went away for me strangely. Turn on adaptive brightness and reboot and see if it goes away. Glad it's working well for you anyway. The only issue I've noticed is a bit of lag with the vibration motor when typing but turning off haptic feedback resolves that.

Just a heads up before moderators catch u the telegram link is forbidden on XDA.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)