Announcement from Rainbow_Dash: Initial release
15th May 2019, 09:08 AM |#31  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 310

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeAyeZee

Hi. I am on the CSDE firmware on SM-N960F DS, how do i flash the vendor image? I tried in TWRP and it wouldnt allow it, it said cannot flash vendor image to system. Is it not possible to downgrade the vendor image? Thanks.

Ah, don't flash your vendor image to system. There's a partition on your phone actually called Vendor. Flash it there
The Following User Says Thank You to abtekk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abtekk Ad-Free

15th May 2019, 09:09 AM |#32  
Flag adelaide
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abtekk

Ah, don't flash your vendor image to system. There's a partition on your phone actually called Vendor. Flash it there

Yes i did try to flash it there. That was the response i received from TWRP when i tried to flash it to vendor.
15th May 2019, 08:21 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeAyeZee

Hi. I am on the CSDE firmware on SM-N960F DS, how do i flash the vendor image? I tried in TWRP and it wouldnt allow it, it said cannot flash vendor image to system. Is it not possible to downgrade the vendor image? Thanks.

Not sure since i dont have the device anymore.
But when twrp isnt working you could also try to flash vendor.img using fastboot commands on your pc..
The Following User Says Thank You to bartjeh1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bartjeh1991 Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 06:39 AM |#34  
Flag adelaide
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartjeh1991

Not sure since i dont have the device anymore.
But when twrp isnt working you could also try to flash vendor.img using fastboot commands on your pc..

I got it to work. I just reinstalled the drivers and used the latest odin from sammobile.
20th May 2019, 08:09 AM |#35  
I hope an update comes.

I see that hwcomposer is fixed for S7 Edge Lineage 16 .
16th June 2019, 07:33 AM |#36  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchatter

I hope an update comes.

I see that hwcomposer is fixed for S7 Edge Lineage 16 .

Is there still any active development on this rom?
16th June 2019, 10:00 AM |#37  
As far as I understand, the working ROMs for other devices like this are mainly developed by @Ivan_Meler or probably based on his work so unless he does it for our device nothing will happen.
Or someone else can try to collaborate with Ivan and build something for us like @Rainbow_Dash did.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)