Dirty Unicorns Semi GSI for Samsung Devices
By CodeFox & OpenSauce9810
What is this?
This is a Semi Generic System Image. That means it's a generic system image that's been optimized as much as possible for our Samsung Devices.
How the heck do I flash this?
It's slightly different than flashing a zip, so here's what you need to do.
- Download the image file
- UNCOMPRESS IT .xz is a compressed file. So you can uncompress it with zarchiver from the playstore or 7zip/winrar.
- Flash the ARH6 Vendor Image to your Vendor Partion from TWRP (Press the Install Image button at the bottom right of where you usually select a flashable zip)
- Flash the System Image to your System Partition
- Optional if you want root (but reccomended): Reboot to recovery again then flash your choice of Magisk. I use 17.1 as I can get galaxy wear to work with that version.
- Reboot your device and you should be good to go! No need to flash gapps as they're included.
- Initial Release
- Updated sources to 9.0 r21 release. (December Security Patch)
- Gapps included, (dialer and messenger also included so you won't start without a phone or sms app)
- Bootanimation changed to reduce boot times
- Tweaks to ambient play ticker so it clears when you clear media notifications
- Further performance tweaks thanks to @malinathani animations transition smoother now.
- Keystore fixed - You can now use fingerprint within apps (once you've passed safetynet with hideprops module)
Invalid YouTube ID/Link[/YOUTUBE]
Video Review Thanks to @vmb265
Click here to view video review
System Image GDrive
Support & Feedback
I'm happy to provide as much support as possible. Through XDA here or you can get in touch with me and the rest of OpenSauce9810 + our community at our Telegram group here
Our telegram also has a bot which will provide you with the latest builds.
If you're happy with the work I've put into this (endless amounts of hours trying to perfect GSI building) then a simple thanks here or clicking the thanks button below is very appreciated!
Credits and Thanks
Dirty Unicorns (The best ROM ever)
Ivan - Thank you for helping me out every now and then when I'm being stoopid.
Rainbow_Dash - Pointing me in the right direction with regards to fixing the errors.
malinathani- For the UI Jank Fix (Used widely in other GSI's now)
GRaf - best tester
The guys in telegram as a whole, thank you for the feedback and support.
phhusson - thank you for your work on project treble.
[Discontinued]Dirty Unicorns[UNOFFICIAL][09.12.2018][S9/S9+/N9], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9
CodeFox, Rainbow_Dash, malinathani, phhusson, Dirty Unicorns, Ivanmeler,
Source Code: https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns/android_manifest
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Vendor ARH6
Based On: Dirty Unicorns
Current Stable Version: 1
Stable Release Date: 2018-12-03
Last Updated 2019-01-07