FORUMS

Developer Mode Not Showing

1,595 posts
Thanks Meter: 354

By Kamau54, Senior Member on 3rd February 2019, 12:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have the SM-N9600 model on TMO, running 8.1, and not rooted.
I tapped the Build Number repeatedly to turn on Developer Mode, and I accessed it the first time, but now it's not showing up anyplace. Also, when I try to redo it again, a little pop up says it's already been enabled.
Anyone have any ideas about this?
3rd February 2019, 12:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,300

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamau54

I have the SM-N9600 model on TMO, running 8.1, and not rooted.
I tapped the Build Number repeatedly to turn on Developer Mode, and I accessed it the first time, but now it's not showing up anyplace. Also, when I try to redo it again, a little pop up says it's already been enabled.
Anyone have any ideas about this?

On the US Carrier version (SM-N960U), it's the very last settings section.
Guessing you've already scrolled down/looked around/etc...... just giving you where it's at on another model variant for reference.

Can you get to Developer Options by using the search function within the settings section?
The Following User Says Thank You to KOLIOSIS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KOLIOSIS Ad-Free
3rd February 2019, 01:00 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag From where the wind begins....

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIOSIS

On the US Carrier version (SM-N960U), it's the very last settings section.
Guessing you've already scrolled down/looked around/etc...... just giving you where it's at on another model variant for reference.

Can you get to Developer Options by using the search function within the settings section?

Nope, it doesn't show up using search either.
And I looked around there at the bottom. Even did a reboot. Nothing shows up.
3rd February 2019, 01:15 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:

Nope, it doesn't show up using search either.
And I looked around there at the bottom. Even did a reboot. Nothing shows up.

i was having the same issue, you tap the build number 7 times it says developer mode enabled. But when you scroll down, it's not there! What you need to do once developer mode enabled, you need to hit home button, close all tabs! Then go back into settings it will be the very last tab at the bottom!! I think it’s a bug!
The Following User Says Thank You to N1NJATH3ORY For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift N1NJATH3ORY Ad-Free
3rd February 2019, 01:23 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1NJATH3ORY

i was having the same issue, you tap the build number 7 times it says developer mode enabled. But when you scroll down, it's not there! What you need to do once developer mode enabled, you need to hit home button, close all tabs! Then go back into settings it will be the very last tab at the bottom!! I think it’s a bug!

Do you know of a way to pull it up? I mean, is there a way to get it to show up after you've enabled it, but didn't follow the steps you said? Like I said, mine says it's already enabled. I just tried to redo do it using your example, but with no success.
3rd February 2019, 01:32 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Do you know of a way to pull it up? I mean, is there a way to get it to show up after you've enabled it, but didn't follow the steps you said? Like I said, mine says it's already enabled. I just tried to redo do it using your example, but with no success.

Have you tried cleaning you cache ? Try that enable dev mode, close all tabs, then clear memory. Then launch settings to see if you can see dev mode!
The Following User Says Thank You to N1NJATH3ORY For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift N1NJATH3ORY Ad-Free
3rd February 2019, 02:03 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1NJATH3ORY

Have you tried cleaning you cache ? Try that enable dev mode, close all tabs, then clear memory. Then launch settings to see if you can see dev mode!

Just tried it, but still no luck. Thing is, it still says developer mode is already enabled when I tap the Build Number. I still tapped it 7 times just to make sure. I rebooted again too.
3rd February 2019, 02:12 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Just tried it, but still no luck. Thing is, it still says developer mode is already enabled when I tap the Build Number. I still tapped it 7 times just to make sure. I rebooted again too.

Perhaps use a shortcut maker or, use the one built-in to Nova Launcher.
The Following User Says Thank You to KOLIOSIS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KOLIOSIS Ad-Free
3rd February 2019, 02:24 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

Boot into recovery and wipe the cache partition then try! i can’t think of anything else or use other launchers as @KOLIOSIS has suggested!
3rd February 2019, 06:39 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIOSIS

Perhaps use a shortcut maker or, use the one built-in to Nova Launcher.

I use Nova Prime already. How would I use it to make a shortcut?
3rd February 2019, 06:49 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

I use Nova Prime already. How would I use it to make a shortcut?

Place a Nova Activities widget on your desktop, then, take a look around in the Settings section of the widget, see if there's something for Developer Options.

https://www.howtogeek.com/169408/go-...ity-shortcuts/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)