FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Difference Between Snapdragon and Exynos on the Galaxy Note 9

726 posts
Thanks Meter: 354
 
By Geekser, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 27th August 2018, 06:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I used my wife's Note 9 (Snapdragon - ATT ) and ran ANTUTU Benchmarks for grins and giggles and the phone got a score of about 284,000 - very respectable.

When I received my N960F - a Note 9 from Clove in the UK, I ran the same Benchmark from ANTUTU and the best score I could get was 236,000 - a HUGE difference.
I really expected more parity between those phones and wonder why there is such a big difference? Is the Exynos Process that far behond Snapdragon's latest?

(I know these benchmarks don't mean much - but just the same, after spending nearly a grand on this phone, I would have expected better)

Any thoughts?
28th August 2018, 12:33 AM |#2  
soraxd's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag cleveland
Thanks Meter: 751
 
Donate to Me
More
same chips but on the S9. should give you an idea
The Following User Says Thank You to soraxd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soraxd Ad-Free
28th August 2018, 05:46 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekser

I used my wife's Note 9 (Snapdragon - ATT ) and ran ANTUTU Benchmarks for grins and giggles and the phone got a score of about 284,000 - very respectable.

When I received my N960F - a Note 9 from Clove in the UK, I ran the same Benchmark from ANTUTU and the best score I could get was 236,000 - a HUGE difference.
I really expected more parity between those phones and wonder why there is such a big difference? Is the Exynos Process that far behond Snapdragon's latest?

(I know these benchmarks don't mean much - but just the same, after spending nearly a grand on this phone, I would have expected better)

Any thoughts?

What are your thoughts on battery life between the 2?
28th August 2018, 06:48 PM |#4  
Geekser's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 354
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtq

What are your thoughts on battery life between the 2?

great question but I haven't used either long enough to really get a sense for it - On first blush, battery seems similar on both - I can easliy get thru an entire day without charging - though I find myself automatically placing my phone in my wireless charger from time to time because I have always had to - I think I can break myself of that habit though - will play around a bit more on both and see how they fair in a comparison of daily use....
28th August 2018, 07:15 PM |#5  
Virgo_Guy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 620
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soraxd

same chips but on the S9. should give you an idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawtq

What are your thoughts on battery life between the 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekser

great question but I haven't used either long enough to really get a sense for it - On first blush, battery seems similar on both - I can easliy get thru an entire day without charging - though I find myself automatically placing my phone in my wireless charger from time to time because I have always had to - I think I can break myself of that habit though - will play around a bit more on both and see how they fair in a comparison of daily use....

Did Samsung work on the kernel sources to improve the Exynos 9810's efficiency and performance to be on par with Snapdragon 845 ?
The answer is "NO".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mail.jpg
Views:	4726
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	4583179  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Virgo_Guy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Virgo_Guy Ad-Free
28th August 2018, 07:20 PM |#6  
Limeybastard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 885
 
More
Looks like the the tides have turned recently in favor of the snapdragon chipset.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
28th August 2018, 07:25 PM |#7  
Geekser's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 354
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo_Guy

Did Samsung work on the kernel sources to improve the Exynos 9810's efficiency and performance to be on par with Snapdragon 845 ?
The answer is "NO".

I know and I don't understand why. I think Exynos could be as good or better than the Snapdragon - but for some reason - it lags behind...
28th August 2018, 07:47 PM |#8  
Virgo_Guy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 620
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekser

I know and I don't understand why. I think Exynos could be as good or better than the Snapdragon - but for some reason - it lags behind...

Could the Exynos 9810 be better in the s9/s9+/Note 9? - Probably to an extent working on the kernel but would still be behind the SD.
The Following User Says Thank You to Virgo_Guy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Virgo_Guy Ad-Free
28th August 2018, 09:22 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekser

great question but I haven't used either long enough to really get a sense for it - On first blush, battery seems similar on both - I can easliy get thru an entire day without charging - though I find myself automatically placing my phone in my wireless charger from time to time because I have always had to - I think I can break myself of that habit though - will play around a bit more on both and see how they fair in a comparison of daily use....

Thanks. Look forward to hearing from you
28th August 2018, 09:57 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Snapdragon Note 9 : Will Allow you to Play FASTER Gamecube/Wii/PSP Emulation. But Will not allow you to install custom roms or root your device.
Exynos Note : Will not play gamecube/Wii Games Smoothly but will allow you to install custom rom.

Personally if I didn't want Wii/Gamecube emulation, I would have easily bought exynos.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cool Person For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cool Person Ad-Free
28th August 2018, 10:08 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag London Town
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Ok in synthetic benchmarks such as antutu the 845 gets a higher score because of the better graphics processor. When it comes to the cpu side of things the 9810 is at least as good and sometimes better.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikey_sk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikey_sk Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes