FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 9 camera buzzing vibrating on 2x zoom

346 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By otacon888, Senior Member on 8th September 2018, 05:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just noticed recently my Note9 buzzes and vibrates when I use the 2x zoom. It does focus fine though. Anyone else has experienced this?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to otacon888 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift otacon888 Ad-Free

16th September 2018, 05:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yes
Mines doing it too. Did you figure out why ? The picture gets wavy too when zooming.
16th September 2018, 06:15 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 895

Donate to Me
More
so its continuously buzzing when zoomed in or only when zooming for the small amount a time when switching to 2x
17th September 2018, 03:21 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Didnt figure out why it does this. I even tried a complete factory reset. I will send it in for repair. It gets wavy and fuzzy if i try to focus and there is a bright lihht source in the frame. It buzzs and vibrates when it is trying to focus. It stops when it manages to focus properly.

17th September 2018, 06:28 PM |#5  
Flag Blackpool
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otacon888

Didnt figure out why it does this. I even tried a complete factory reset. I will send it in for repair. It gets wavy and fuzzy if i try to focus and there is a bright lihht source in the frame. It buzzs and vibrates when it is trying to focus. It stops when it manages to focus properly.

Yeah that doesn't sound right. I've got the N960F too and zoom works fine in all modes that support it.
20th September 2018, 10:39 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
My guess is the aperture is freaking out. When changing aperture manually, you can just barely hear and feel a tiny click. It something was wrong with it, it might be rapidly changing apertures causing the buzzing maybe?
20th September 2018, 10:58 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,169

More
I just tried and listened in a silent room and I hear nothing.
21st September 2018, 03:50 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMosely

I just tried and listened in a silent room and I hear nothing.

Put it right up to your ear and you might be able to hear it when switching. It's really quiet.
21st September 2018, 05:04 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,301

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otacon888

Yep that happened on my Galaxy S2 after 2 years of use. Trying to focus but buzzes until it locks in...sounds like a hardware issue. My note 8 is fine.
21st September 2018, 06:44 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
I just tested this and there's no sound when using 2x zoom in auto mode.
22nd September 2018, 05:17 AM |#11  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Mine is doing this too. I find if i shake the phone it will stop vibrating. It sounds like something getting jammed. I have this phone with T-Mobile and i have the jump plan. Should i send this to them to fix or replace? Or should I contact Samsung? I don't want to have to pay for anything if its a hardware defect on a phone I've never dropped. So its not damaged from me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)