FORUMS

Note 9 Camera lag/freezing

263 posts
Thanks Meter: 67
 
By trebills, Senior Member on 27th August 2018, 07:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have been having issues with the camera freezing/lagging on my note 9. It happens often, for example I open to take a photo and on the screen it freezes and I have to wait sometimes force close to get it to work, it happens while recording video too. I haven't seen anything online about this yet so maybe just my device.

Anyone, have this issue?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trebills For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trebills Ad-Free
27th August 2018, 07:41 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Others found by going to another launcher such as Nova their frame drops and freezing stopped.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
29th August 2018, 02:10 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebills

I have been having issues with the camera freezing/lagging on my note 9. It happens often, for example I open to take a photo and on the screen it freezes and I have to wait sometimes force close to get it to work, it happens while recording video too. I haven't seen anything online about this yet so maybe just my device.

Anyone, have this issue?

My husband has been having the same issue. We tried clearing the camera cache and rebooting and it stopped for a while, but resurfaced. 512gb us T-Mobile blue. No sd card installed.
29th August 2018, 02:19 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Are you saying using Nova launcher helps? Or it's causing issues? I'm not sure why that would cause the issue. I got a replacement from Verizon and it was doing it on the new one before I even downloaded any apps. Seems to be a issue that no one else has noticed or maybe I got the only 2 phones with the issue.
29th August 2018, 05:34 AM |#5  
Limeybastard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,087
 
More
On a side note, where did all the other camera modes disappear to? Gif mode, etc... On note 8 you could swipe left for many more modes.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
29th August 2018, 06:47 AM |#6  
Semantics's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 862
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard

On a side note, where did all the other camera modes disappear to? Gif mode, etc... On note 8 you could swipe left for many more modes.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

The modes on mine are all across the top. Panorama, Pro, Live Focus, Auto, Super Slow Mo, AR-Emoji, Hyperlapse etc.
29th August 2018, 09:57 AM |#7  
Limeybastard's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,087
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics

The modes on mine are all across the top. Panorama, Pro, Live Focus, Auto, Super Slow Mo, AR-Emoji, Hyperlapse etc.

I miss that gif maker mode.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
29th August 2018, 10:18 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebills

Are you saying using Nova launcher helps? Or it's causing issues? I'm not sure why that would cause the issue. I got a replacement from Verizon and it was doing it on the new one before I even downloaded any apps. Seems to be a issue that no one else has noticed or maybe I got the only 2 phones with the issue.

They said using another launcher such as Nova stopped their frame drops, hang ups. They were thinking it had something to do with Samsung's skin. To them once they used another launcher all their issues with it were gone. May not help your issue but worth the try..

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
29th August 2018, 10:26 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,032
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebills

I have been having issues with the camera freezing/lagging on my note 9. It happens often, for example I open to take a photo and on the screen it freezes and I have to wait sometimes force close to get it to work, it happens while recording video too. I haven't seen anything online about this yet so maybe just my device.

Anyone, have this issue?

Are your pic and video saving to the SD card? If so, it might be your SD card. Try internal memory to see if it makes a difference.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
29th August 2018, 10:35 AM |#10  
laureanop's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 609
 
More
I use Nova and I had the camera temporarily freeze a couple of times today. The issue is with the camera software most likely. No SD card
29th August 2018, 02:04 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
I can confirm no sd card in ours either and also on Nova.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

We just encountered a "Warning: Camera failed" also.... Just cleared the camera app data/cache and cleared the system cache. We'll see if it happens again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes