FORUMS

Notification sound too low (mono versus stereo)

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Kai34, Junior Member on 29th August 2018, 03:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just got the Note9 after have the 8. Nasty surprise when I found out it is almost impossible to hear notification sounds on this phone due to streaming through only the bttome speaker while all other audio is through both. Samsung states its a "limitation of the device".... So that.

Anyone know of an app or other method that would allow me to set the notificatio sounds to stream as rigntone or media to get them in stereo? I tried Lightflow and setting the sound through there as a full ring tone, but it still streams the audio as a notification through the bottom speaker only.
29th August 2018, 05:56 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Bump
29th August 2018, 07:25 PM |#3  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,079

More
It's lower than the note 8 I think.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
30th August 2018, 01:13 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
It's definitely lower than the Note 8. Not sure why only the notifications play through one speaker and all others are through both. An app or work around would be incredible.
31st August 2018, 10:48 AM |#5  
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Hey guys, having the same issue here. I am using an app called Volume Booster Goodev. No root needed. Just set the volume to go up by 10% and you should be fine. I know I am, cause I missed my notifs before... Good Luck!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to leoking3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leoking3 Ad-Free
31st August 2018, 05:03 PM |#6  
Flag Arkadelphia, AR
Thanks Meter: 339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoking3

Hey guys, having the same issue here. I am using an app called Volume Booster Goodev. No root needed. Just set the volume to go up by 10% and you should be fine. I know I am, cause I missed my notifs before... Good Luck!

I noticed the low volume when playing podcasts. I downloaded the app you recommended, and now I'm happy! With the 10% increase there is no distortion, only loud clean sound. Thanks
31st August 2018, 11:09 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyall29

I noticed the low volume when playing podcasts. I downloaded the app you recommended, and now I'm happy! With the 10% increase there is no distortion, only loud clean sound. Thanks

thats wierd. i installed and i dont hear a difference at 10%
31st August 2018, 11:12 PM |#8  
Flag Arkadelphia, AR
Thanks Meter: 339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elas123

thats wierd. i installed and i dont hear a difference at 10%

Try rebooting your phone.
1st September 2018, 05:43 AM |#9  
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Happy to help! The only thing they recommend is not to go over 40% increase. But 10% is enough anyway
2nd September 2018, 01:21 AM |#10  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 8,025

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoking3

Happy to help! The only thing they recommend is not to go over 40% increase. But 10% is enough anyway

Oh yeah big diff even at 10% i was surprised!

Great recommendation bro thank you.
2nd September 2018, 02:33 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Just enough to make in-call and notification volumes good. Thanks. (note 9)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)