FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

***horrible bad burn in note 9***

4,195 posts
Thanks Meter: 801

By oneandroidnut, Senior Member on 29th November 2018, 01:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Don't know how many note 9 with burn there are but here is mine! Looks terrible! Noticed it for the first time last night when it got pretty dark outside and it is super annoying! I assume Samsung will replace with new one? But I have a whitestone and skinomi on it, I am sure they wont cover those

With some light in room

Pretty much completely dark room

Anybody else experience this or have any ideas?

29th November 2018, 01:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
It looks like to me it's screen burn-in. I don't think you can do anything about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandroidnut

Don't know how many note 9 with burn there are but here is mine! Looks terrible! Noticed it for the first time last night when it got pretty dark outside and it is super annoying! I assume Samsung will replace with new one? But I have a whitestone and skinomi on it, I am sure they wont cover those

With some light in room

Pretty much completely dark room

Anybody else experience this or have any ideas?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
29th November 2018, 01:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3,672

More
If you're still within the one year warranty, complain to samaung through "Samsung +" app and don't mention anything about burn in. Just say my screen doesnt look right. If you're out of the warranty then you're SOL.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
29th November 2018, 01:45 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
I had the same issue a month ago. Samsung won't replace it but they will change the screen. They did that for me, but the issue is coming back again. People need to reach out to Samsung and bring this issue to light. Too many units are doing this now but not enough people are speaking up.

Check out the Note 9 screen burn in thread and you'll see other users, including myself, who have pics posted of the same issue.

Sorry about your phone... Reach out to Samsung asap and make sure to send them picture evidence of your issue when you send in your phone. The more people to complain, the more likely Samsung will probably decide to replace these defective units.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...hread-t3851263
29th November 2018, 02:03 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-alz

If you're still within the one year warranty, complain to samaung through "Samsung +" app and don't mention anything about burn in. Just say my screen doesnt look right. If you're out of the warranty then you're SOL.

I have had since 9/25 so just over 2 months, wonder if I can just return for a full money refund?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkjxda

I had the same issue a month ago. Samsung won't replace it but they will change the screen. They did that for me, but the issue is coming back again. People need to reach out to Samsung and bring this issue to light. Too many units are doing this now but not enough people are speaking up.

Check out the Note 9 screen burn in thread and you'll see other users, including myself, who have pics posted of the same issue.

Sorry about your phone... Reach out to Samsung asap and make sure to send them picture evidence of your issue when you send in your phone. The more people to complain, the more likely Samsung will probably decide to replace these defective units.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...hread-t3851263

That's BS it is a $1200 phone I don't want a new screen i want a new phone! I will just return if that is the case and buy a different phone
29th November 2018, 02:13 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

I have had since 9/25 so just over 2 months, wonder if I can just return for a full money refund?

That's BS it is a $1200 phone I don't want a new screen i want a new phone! I will just return if that is the case and buy a different phone

That close? That shouldn't happen. I'd definitely get a factory replacement from Samsung. I doubt that your carrier would return it because it's been a while.

29th November 2018, 02:16 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

That close? That shouldn't happen. I'd definitely get a factory replacement from Samsung. I doubt that your carrier would return it because it's been a while.

I bought from Samsung, it is an unlocked 512 gb model and i received on 9/25 i checked tracking this morning to make sure my dates were correct
29th November 2018, 02:18 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

I bought from Samsung, it is an unlocked 512 gb model and i received on 9/25 i checked tracking this morning to make sure my dates were correct

Yeah, that's not even two months. Burn ins will never happen in two months unless you make them happen on purpose. Just contact Samsung. They will replace it. They have an app called samaung +. Use it. They're very helpful.

29th November 2018, 02:25 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Yeah, that's not even two months. Burn ins will never happen in two months unless you make them happen on purpose. Just contact Samsung. They will replace it. They have an app called samaung +. Use it. They're very helpful.

yeah i mean i use it daily and average about 2-3 hours of screen on time and nothing intensive or static images that would cause burn in. Do i just return for refund and buy a new phone or try a new note 9 again? I mean is this going to happen in a month or two again??
29th November 2018, 02:34 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

yeah i mean i use it daily and average about 2-3 hours of screen on time and nothing intensive or static images that would cause burn in. Do i just return for refund and buy a new phone or try a new note 9 again? I mean is this going to happen in a month or two again??

Talk to a rep on the app. They're very good. I'd get a new one for a replacement from them. Make sure it's not a refurb. O doubt they'd give you a refund. Burn ins dont happen that soon. You literally need at least two years of the same screen layout and same things done everyday. I've been using oleds since Samsung released them on their first note and I've never had any burn in. And yours actually doesnt even look like a burn in to be honest. It looks a screen uniformity issue.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Your phone has a screen problem, not a burn in. Burn ins are shadows of things you have on your home screen, like your status bar and icons. This is nothing like that. This is an issue with your screen and they'll give you a replacement. Just make sure to present your proof of purchase such as your receipt and all that jazz and you'll be fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to K-alz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift K-alz Ad-Free
29th November 2018, 02:49 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Talk to a rep on the app. They're very good. I'd get a new one for a replacement from them. Make sure it's not a refurb. O doubt they'd give you a refund. Burn ins dont happen that soon. You literally need at least two years of the same screen layout and same things done everyday. I've been using oleds since Samsung released them on their first note and I've never had any burn in. And yours actually doesnt even look like a burn in to be honest. It looks a screen uniformity issue.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Your phone has a screen problem, not a burn in. Burn ins are shadows of things you have on your home screen, like your status bar and icons. This is nothing like that. This is an issue with your screen and they'll give you a replacement. Just make sure to present your proof of purchase such as your receipt and all that jazz and you'll be fine.

I agree that it is a screen uniformity issue or something odd. I have every note since the note 2 and never seen this and all of those were used a year and never had a problem. My nav bar isn't "burnt in" which is weird because it is always up and dark

and i have been talking to a rep on samsung+ and sending photos and troubleshooting for him, seems very nice and helpful so far
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
burn in, note, note 9, note 9 burn in

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)