NEWS! AT&T Security/Features Update RCS Universal Profile included N960USQU2CSGA

Search This thread

KingVekxin

Sep 12, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
What's up everybody? I don't usually post news topics but I feel like this was worth a change. Now I know it's been floating around that are AT&T branded Note 9's are getting the July security update finally. With that update came night mode within our cameras, also a QR scanner tile in the pull down menu.

I don't really know how many of you if any use the Android messages app or would like to use Google's own default text messaging app instead of Samsung's. But I'm just putting the information out there that we finally have chat features in that app now. So I'm assuming AT&T must have also pushed out the RCS universal profile to our phones with that July security update as well. I'm hoping that this post will help someone out because I know personally I've been waiting a very long time to be able to move away from Samsung's text messaging app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190806-235906_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190806-235906_Settings.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 744
  • Screenshot_20190806-235849_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20190806-235849_Messages.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 739

sirooga

May 13, 2007
Corona
Google is rolling it out to everyone. It is still not available for me after the update. Screenshot_20190806-231902_Messages.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

macgyver40

Nov 10, 2010
Thanks for the heads up. Have been checking for the update for days and reading XDA like crazy since I got my note9 512 last week. Can't wait to see what this night mode does.

disturbd1

Mar 3, 2010
I'm curious to see when anyone on AT&T with n960USQu2csga firmware can confirm RCS works in Google Messages.

doctorspeed1

Jun 5, 2010
Jensen Beach, FL
RCS vanished here too. I also somewhere lost the slider to change the flashlight brightness. Nowhere to be found in the settings

butchieboy

Feb 15, 2012
springfield.il
Yes, and I think it has to be same carrier. A friend of mine has Verizon and I can't see when he's texting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's up everybody? I don't usually post news topics but I feel like this was worth a change. Now I know it's been floating around that are AT&T branded Note 9's are getting the July security update finally. With that update came night mode within our cameras, also a QR scanner tile in the pull down menu.

I don't really know how many of you if any use the Android messages app or would like to use Google's own default text messaging app instead of Samsung's. But I'm just putting the information out there that we finally have chat features in that app now. So I'm assuming AT&T must have also pushed out the RCS universal profile to our phones with that July security update as well. I'm hoping that this post will help someone out because I know personally I've been waiting a very long time to be able to move away from Samsung's text messaging app.
    What is this messaging feature you guys are talking about?
    RCS, were you can see when received, read and the other person is typing

https://www.xda-developers.com/enable-rcs-google-messages-any-carrier/

So it's working with a work around folks. Posting for anyone to see and try it out. Got it working on both mine and my wife's note 9's on AT&T