FORUMS

[ETG1] OFFICIAL STOCK FW-update (Odin) thread (10 Jul 20) GALAXY Note9 SM-N960F/DS

5,703 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,383

Post Reply Email Thread
In this thread, You can share the Mega-Links of new firmware's (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy Note9 (so: NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk)...

User Manual (Pie) (English): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...1.0_190115.pdf
Bedienungsanleitung (Pie) (Deutsch): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...1.0_190109.pdf
Gebruiksaanwijzing (Pie) (Nederlands): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...1.0_190116.pdf

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
2. Download Odin v3.14.1
3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
4. Open Odin v3.14.1
5. Power OFF Note9
6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (1st plug-in USB-cable to your Note9!!!), push Bixby + Volume Down buttons, while pushing them plug-in USB-cable to PC
7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in msg #2
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to henklbr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift henklbr Ad-Free
5th August 2018, 07:28 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Netherlands

Donate to Me
More
Phone
This ROM is the latest ROM for Multi-CSC OXM released 10 Jul 20, and can be used for ALL CSC's mentioned in Multi-CSC OXM!
This is official Samsung ROM, so KNOX won't be triggered!

What's new:
* July security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
* The security of your device has been improved.
* Bootloader has been updated to v6; downgrade not possible anymore

Model SM-N960F
Model name Galaxy Note9
Country Multi-CSC OXM
Version Android 10
Changelist 18803598
Build date Thu, 02 Jul 2020 08:08:27 +0000
Security Patch Level 2020-07-01
Multi-CSC OXM
PDA N960FXXS6ETG1
CSC N960FOXM6ETF7
Details for download with Frija:

UN-ZIP the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.14.1

HOME_CSC_OXM -> data will stay intact
CSC_OXM -> device will reset

SM-N960F OXM multi CSC ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU DBT DKR ECT EGY EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK THL THR TPH TUN TUR XEF XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
single : ( BTC BTU CPW GLB LYS MAT MM1 MTL NZC OPS PAN PNG PRO SIN SMA SMP STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VFJ VNZ WTL XFA XFN XNZ XSA )
by default : XEU
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to henklbr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift henklbr Ad-Free
5th August 2018, 07:29 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Netherlands

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Multi-CSC OXM
The European model of the Note9 (SM-N960F) will get a Multi-CSC -> OXM

This Multi-CSC was already used since Note 7, and will now be continued on the Note9

SM-N960F OXM multi CSC ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU DBT DKR ECT EGY EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK THL THR TPH TUN TUR XEF XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
single : ( BTC BTU CPW GLB LYS MAT MM1 MTL NZC OPS PAN PNG PRO SIN SMA SMP STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VFJ VNZ WTL XFA XFN XNZ XSA )
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to henklbr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift henklbr Ad-Free
14th August 2018, 12:14 PM |#4  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Blue River City
Thanks Meter: 4,725

Donate to Me
More
Cleaned
Thread cleaned by OP request. Everyone should keep on topic with OP, is very clear that this thread is for Official Stock only.

Thank you!
FSadino
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FSadino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FSadino Ad-Free
14th August 2018, 08:36 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Will the N960F have the same firmware as the FD Dual hybrid version? I presume the note 8 was this way
Samsung direct UK is only selling the dual SIM with carriers selling the single sim version. Will need to flash carrier ROM to enable VoLTE.

Thanks,
15th August 2018, 01:40 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Ok so I got my Note 9 today. Single Sim in the UK and I cannot get into Download Mode. The buttons no longer work in the same sequence as the Note 8 and other samsungs! Any ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to limestar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift limestar Ad-Free
15th August 2018, 02:00 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 674

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limestar

Ok so I got my Note 9 today. Single Sim in the UK and I cannot get into Download Mode. The buttons no longer work in the same sequence as the Note 8 and other samsungs! Any ideas?

Enable Developer Options, Go and Enable USB Debugging, and then from a PC with ADB Installed issue the command ADB Reboot Download.
Getting into Download mode is a bit tricky now, Holding the sequence won't take you there.
15th August 2018, 02:06 PM |#8  

More
thanks will try
The Following User Says Thank You to limestar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift limestar Ad-Free
15th August 2018, 04:06 PM |#9  

More
Ok got into the download mode thank you.

Now waiting for XEU or XEO to de-brand!
15th August 2018, 07:56 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limestar

Awesome. Where did you get it this early?
The Following User Says Thank You to mgbosshogg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mgbosshogg Ad-Free
16th August 2018, 09:22 PM |#11  
Flag mont-de-marsan
Thanks Meter: 661

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by henklbr

The European model of the Note9 (SM-N960F) will get a Multi-CSC -> OXM

This Multi-CSC was already used since Note 7, and will now be continued on the Note9

OXM Multi-CSC, which include the following CSC's: ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI BTC BTU CAC CAM CEL CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON ETL EUR GLB ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MID MM1 MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PCL PHE PHN PTR ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIN SKZ SLK SMA STH THL THR TMC TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR WTL XEF XEH XEO XEU XFA XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV ZTO

hello
about OXM for N960F :

so it's not the same as note7 or note8

regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yakapa40 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yakapa40 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)