[ETG3] OFFICIAL STOCK FW-update (Odin) thread (16 Jul 20) GALAXY Note9 SM-N960F/DS

Search This thread

Rogero

Dec 10, 2005
Fanar
www.tortuga-cove.com
Since your are on build ARL3, you may also install the update zips in Recovery mode either by miscrosd card or ADB
1. Install ARL3 --> CSA2 update.zip
2. Install CSA2 --> CSA7 update.zip

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hello Jaylence,
I'm sorry if this was posted before, i'm on CSA2 and looking for the CSA2 --> CSA7 update.zip
Please any links available
Thanks in advance

Painman1963

Mar 14, 2012
Bristol
Reactions: shawnaye

frumy

Hi, i have a question, in my country (ROM part of OXM CSC) is available now CSA7 rom, i have instaled via recovery sd card form xda CSA2 variant, so for future updates via OTA can i flash CSA7 update via sd card from here, or i must update via odin the whole firmware and keep the home-csc? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Samsung SM-N960F using XDA Labs

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
Hi, i have a question, in my country (ROM part of OXM CSC) is available now CSA7 rom, i have instaled via recovery sd card form xda CSA2 variant, so for future updates via OTA can i flash CSA7 update via sd card from here, or i must update via odin the whole firmware and keep the home-csc? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Samsung SM-N960F using XDA Labs

Yes: you can sideload the UPDATE.ZIP CSA2->CSA7 posted by @jaylence

You'll receive future OTA-updates released for your CSC ROM

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78860474&postcount=1008

Reactions: frumy

MrPhilo

Dec 12, 2010
Sheffield
Hi, I didn't know what to search to get the answer, I did read through a few pages but couldn't find it. Hopefully someone can answer it.

So I went to updato and searched my phone version which is the UK version and found BTU which is on N960FXXU2CSA2, can I assume that all other region with 'N960FXXU2CSA2' is the same as the BTU one? So as mentioned on OP post 2, I can just flash the CSA7 which seem to be the most recent one even if the region is France, Germany?

Apologies for the question as it's been a while since I used a Samsung phone and the phones I had previously and now was a typical download update and TWRP flash.

hinnn

Jul 18, 2012
Sydney
i021.net
Hi, I didn't know what to search to get the answer, I did read through a few pages but couldn't find it. Hopefully someone can answer it.

So I went to updato and searched my phone version which is the UK version and found BTU which is on N960FXXU2CSA2, can I assume that all other region with 'N960FXXU2CSA2' is the same as the BTU one? So as mentioned on OP post 2, I can just flash the CSA7 which seem to be the most recent one even if the region is France, Germany?

Apologies for the question as it's been a while since I used a Samsung phone and the phones I had previously and now was a typical download update and TWRP flash.

Just download the full firmware via Samfirm, then flash with HOME_CSC, so easy and simple.

#HarizNonis

Oct 10, 2013
I have updated to the CSA2 build a few weeks ago via Odin. However, that is likely not the version that will be released in my country, which hasn't officially gotten the update. I may send my phone in for repair under warranty, but I will most likely have to go back to the official firmware for my country. Is it possible and also safe to go back to Android 8.1 via Odin?

jaylence

Jun 24, 2012
Santo Tomas
I have updated to the CSA2 build a few weeks ago via Odin. However, that is likely not the version that will be released in my country, which hasn't officially gotten the update. I may send my phone in for repair under warranty, but I will most likely have to go back to the official firmware for my country. Is it possible and also safe to go back to Android 8.1 via Odin?

Yes, you can downgrade to 8.1. I've done it twice already and haven't experienced any issues.

Is it really necessary to downgrade your device before sending it for repair?
You are running an official firmware. As long as your device status says "official" and knox is not tripped, you should not have any problem with the warranty.

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Yes, you can downgrade to 8.1. I've done it twice already and haven't experienced any issues.

Is it really necessary to downgrade your device before sending it for repair?
You are running an official firmware. As long as your device status says "official" and knox is not tripped, you should not have any problem with the warranty.

While everything is official, sometimes repair techs can deny service if it's running an unreleased build. They go as far as blaming the issue you're facing on the software.

Flashing back to 8.1 would definitely be recommended.

Reactions: jaylence

machoguy

May 20, 2012
Hi guys

Why Samsung pay not working even after factory reset..

Btw previous I was used India sim on slot 2, but IMEI no still appeared on slot 2

Please refer the image.. Screenshot_20190214-141509_Settings.jpeg

Reactions: mrdpfry

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Hi guys

Why Samsung pay not working even after factory reset..

Btw previous I was used India sim on slot 2, but IMEI no still appeared on slot 2

Please refer the image..View attachment 4705163

Are you living in India or Malaysia?

If you're living in Malaysia, Samsung Pay should work just fine. I'd recommend going into settings, clearing app data for Samsung Pay and then going to Galaxy Apps and checking if there's an update available for it.

Sent from my SM-N960F

machoguy

May 20, 2012
Are you living in India or Malaysia?

If you're living in Malaysia, Samsung Pay should work just fine. I'd recommend going into settings, clearing app data for Samsung Pay and then going to Galaxy Apps and checking if there's an update available for it.

Sent from my SM-N960F
I'm living at Malaysia

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this thread, You can share the Mega-Links of new firmware's (OFFICIAL STOCK) for the Galaxy Note9 (so: NO CUSTOM ROM's and/or ROOT-talk)...

User Manual (Pie) (English): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...585/SM-N960F_UM_EU_Pie_Eng_Rev.1.0_190115.pdf
    Bedienungsanleitung (Pie) (Deutsch): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...5/SM-N960F_UM_Open_Pie_Ger_Rev.1.0_190109.pdf
    Gebruiksaanwijzing (Pie) (Nederlands): http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201901/20190117140353271/SM-N960F_UM_Open_Pie_Dut_Rev.1.0_190116.pdf

How to flash firmware to your phone:

hH9QtL.png

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.1
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF Note9
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (1st plug-in USB-cable to your Note9!!!), push Bixby + Volume Down buttons, while pushing them plug-in USB-cable to PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

*** You can always find the LATEST firmware in msg #2
    This ROM is the latest ROM for Multi-CSC OXM released 10 Jul 20, and can be used for ALL CSC's mentioned in Multi-CSC OXM!
    This is official Samsung ROM, so KNOX won't be triggered!

What's new:
    * July security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
    * The security of your device has been improved.
    * Bootloader has been updated to v6; downgrade not possible anymore

Model SM-N960F
    Model name Galaxy Note9
    Country Multi-CSC OXM
    Version Android 10
    Changelist 18803598
    Build date Fri, 10 Jul 2020 06:22:47 +0000
    Security Patch Level 2020-07-01
    Multi-CSC OXM
    PDA N960FXXU6ETG3
    CSC N960FOXM6ETG3
    Details for download with Frija:
    9pC9dk.png

UN-ZIP the archive and place the files in the designated slots in Odin 3.14.1

HOME_CSC_OXM -> data will stay intact
    CSC_OXM -> device will reset

SM-N960F OXM multi CSC ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU DBT DKR ECT EGY EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK THL THR TPH TUN TUR XEF XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
    single : ( BTC BTU CPW GLB LYS MAT MM1 MTL NZC OPS PAN PNG PRO SIN SMA SMP STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VFJ VNZ WTL XFA XFN XNZ XSA )
    by default : XEU
    Multi-CSC OXM

The European model of the Note9 (SM-N960F) will get a Multi-CSC -> OXM

This Multi-CSC was already used since Note 7, and will now be continued on the Note9

SM-N960F OXM multi CSC ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU DBT DKR ECT EGY EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK THL THR TPH TUN TUR XEF XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
    single : ( BTC BTU CPW GLB LYS MAT MM1 MTL NZC OPS PAN PNG PRO SIN SMA SMP STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VFJ VNZ WTL XFA XFN XNZ XSA )
    by default : XEU
    mc4uSe.jpg

Will update the first post this weekend (CSB3): I was 5 days in San Francisco (Samsung Unpacked 2019) and got home today (10hr flying -> JetLag!)...