FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[U/U1]Note 9 Official Firmware and Guide to Convert to USA Unlocked

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By CW_texashack, Junior Member on 5th May 2019, 12:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
These devices are now on Bootloader V2, i am currently working to get the newest files uploaded.

If you only want the firmware and know what you're doing, then links will be at bottom.

If possible, Use the original charging cable that came with your phone, as sometimes there can be errors if you use an aftermarket cable.

If you don't know how to flash or convert from U to U1, read on.

As a precaution, I recommend removing your SIM card and SD card before flashing!

THIS WILL RESET YOUR PHONE!

Firstly, Download the modified Odin below as well as the firmware of your choice, there's 2, The latest version of Pie, and the highest version of Oreo that you can get without going to Pie.
All downloads will be labeled.

Step 1. Ensure that you have the Samsung drivers for mobile devices installed (which will also be linked below.)

Step 2.Extract the Firmware Zip that you downloaded, Open the modified Odin and click on the BL box, Then select the corresponding BL file.
Click the AP box and select the AP file, Do the same with the CP and CSC files by putting the matching file name into the corresponding boxes.

Step 3.Ensure USB Debugging is enabled and then shut down the phone. Then hold (In this order) Volume Down, Bixby, and Power button until you get to the Download mode warning screen.
Press the Volume Up button.

Step 4. Plug in the phone, and check Odin to ensure you see a blue box that says COM (also has a number at the end)

Step 5.Press Start in Odin and wait till you see pass, if it says PASS, The flash was successful and within about 10 minutes your phone will boot into the welcome screen.

If you are converting from the U firmware to the U1 firmware then you will have no carrier bloatware should have better performance and possibly better battery life as well.
If you have any issues, Don't hesitate to ask me!

If you have requests for any other firmware for the note 9, just leave a reply and ill see if i can download it and upload it.

Download Links!

Pie (N960U1UES1CSD1) https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...89523397959500

Oreo (N960U1UEU1ARL1) https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...89523397959514

Patched Odin https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...89523397959512

Samsung driver for mobile phones https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy...er-for-windows
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CW_texashack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CW_texashack Ad-Free
10th May 2019, 01:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Flas info
Firstly I was on "U1..ARL1" then passed to "U CSAA" ( different than U1) and now I'm running latest N960USQS1CSD1 but my phone is bit laggy and still got the lags/stutters from lock screen when I slide quick menu and animations....Now I want to try itself U1 firmware and I hope all laggy and stutter will gone!
Do I need to roll back to ARL1 then flash CSD1 or I can do that directly?
Thanks
10th May 2019, 08:15 PM |#3  

More
Thanks it worked for me
11th May 2019, 04:43 PM |#4  

More
Flashed without problem but still got the lag when change the wallpaper If its infinity wallpaper there is no lag, but if I change the laggs/stutter starts.....What I supposed to do? Anyone? Also there is a lag on animations....
I flashed too many times and different firmwares and no luck...
11th May 2019, 09:41 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Corpus Christi, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd14771

in step 2 you say "Open the modified Odin and click on the BL box, Then select the corresponding BL file.
Click the AP box and select the AP file, Do the same with the CP and CSC files by putting the matching file name into the corresponding boxes."

Yet you only provided the ROM file. Where does the ROM file go and are there other files to flash that go in the CSC, CP BL and AP boxes?

Did you extract the zip? All of the files should be inside the zip.
I'll redownload them to check and make sure.
11th May 2019, 10:17 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Corpus Christi, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd14771

i have not finished downloading the rom file, i did not know the files were zipped inside, i think it would help if you mentioned this as i was ust going to flash the file whole as i downloaded it.

they are most likley there, i did not know to unzip the archive. So this will work on a locked us variant?

Yes it will work on any USA Note 9.
Thank you for bringing that to attention, I will update the thread, I apologize for the confusion.
12th May 2019, 12:14 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Corpus Christi, TX

More
I'm glad everything worked out okay! I'm at work right now so i apologize for the delayed replies.
12th May 2019, 02:28 AM |#8  

More
Do you have lags/stutters on this firmware? (Especially on lock screen with none infinity wallpaper
when swiping down quick panel?)
13th May 2019, 01:11 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thanks converted AT&T to unlocked and everything is perfect
13th May 2019, 05:17 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Will flashing u1 remove a carrier sim lock?
18th May 2019, 04:43 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Hey Guys, I just got note 9 N960U1. sth is bothering me that i dont have delivery option and some other options like call recording. which version should i flash on mine to get those?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)