No Update for XSP N960F

Search This thread

UndeadAnarchy

Mar 5, 2019
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
This isn't much of a question more is it a vent of frustration towards Samsung. I am still on the July Security Policy despite Samsung claiming Monthly Security Updates. When OEM's refuse to Update their devices on time or out right at all this is when fragmentation becomes a big deal. Monthly should mean Monthly Until the end of life. No exceptions.

Thoughts?

bober10113

Mar 12, 2017
This isn't much of a question more is it a vent of frustration towards Samsung. I am still on the July Security Policy despite Samsung claiming Monthly Security Updates. When OEM's refuse to Update their devices on time or out right at all this is when fragmentation becomes a big deal. Monthly should mean Monthly Until the end of life. No exceptions.

Thoughts?
maybe its your carrier more than samsung.

bober10113

Mar 12, 2017
I have an International Unlocked N960F/DS Its not carrier branded.
then just update it manualy:

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note-9/firmware/SM-N960F/BNG/download/N960FXXS3CSH2/286019/

you can also use samfirm tool 0.3.6 or frija app to download it with ure pc since that web site has trash speeds and flash it using odin. but be sure ure pc has samsung android drivers before using odin.

i believe you could also use samsung smart switch software to check for an update and flash it too.

so as you can see you can just update the device yourself instead of waiting. read and search xda for any of the tools and ways to use them aforementioned.

UndeadAnarchy

Mar 5, 2019
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
then just update it manualy:

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-note-9/firmware/SM-N960F/BNG/download/N960FXXS3CSH2/286019/

you can also use samfirm tool 0.3.6 or frija app to download it with ure pc since that web site has trash speeds and flash it using odin. but be sure ure pc has samsung android drivers before using odin.

i believe you could also use samsung smart switch software to check for an update and flash it too.

so as you can see you can just update the device yourself instead of waiting. read and search xda for any of the tools and ways to use them aforementioned.
I was hoping to do that however I checked on there for mine. My product code is XSP which is the Singapore Version and the latest one is June 1st which im already on. If I were to flash a different region's firmware could I just use Home CSC to keep XSP? Thanks for the help :)

bober10113

Mar 12, 2017
I was hoping to do that however I checked on there for mine. My product code is XSP which is the Singapore Version and the latest one is June 1st which im already on. If I were to flash a different region's firmware could I just use Home CSC to keep XSP? Thanks for the help :)
you can probably skip it all together. but your csc is the carrier code. if the phone is not carrier tied then you should either use the link i sent which is multi csc and would probably contain your sim CSC or find out the carrier code matching your carrier/sim.

read up on samsung and CSC for more details.

maple_mak

Mar 3, 2013
Johor Bahru

Yes. It won't change your product code and wipe your device. Rest assured.

UndeadAnarchy

Mar 5, 2019
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
i have the same model but i believe it's something to do with the region instead of the carrier.

In comparison withe the firmware for both SG and PH, PH received 2 updates from July (CSF9 and CSG3) as compared to SG which only received one (CSF9).
Yeah, I think ill just wait it out because flashing over a security patch seems like a nuclear option. Hopefully in arrives in the coming weeks. Thanks for the help and information though everyone I appreciate it.

Last edited:

fabienpascal

Oct 3, 2010
Singapore
You guys are touching a contentious issues with the way Samsung delivers update in Singapore.
Due to the national telcos bottlenecking the process, Samsung phones are getting much lesser updates than the rest of the world.
As an example, Galaxy Note 9 in Europe (UK/DE/FR), version N960F which is identical to the one sold in Singapore received a total of 24 updates, including 4 different built of Android 10/OneUI 2.0 and is up to date with the March 2020 security update.
In Singapore, the Note 9 received 8 updates and the latest is from October 2019 with the October security update.