FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][v2.7][29/04]NiceLock - Good Lock 2019 Launcher for Pie[w/ Update Notifications]

856 posts
Thanks Meter: 919

By xantrk, Senior Member on 8th March 2019, 01:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from xantrk: NiceLock update 2.7.01 and Downloader Companion 2.0 with OneUI look available!
For module downloads and updates please check out APKMirror or Sammobile . There is also a "NiceLock Downloader Companion" app available on this forum. You can also email [email protected] for details.

Due to Google Play Store policies, NiceLock can not download anything outside Play Store and I had to move any links in this thread

NICELOCK
Good Lock 2019 Launcher

What is NiceLock?

• This app is only an alternative to main Good Lock app for the regions that it is officially unavailable.
  • This app only acts as a launcher for modules. Goodlock modules has to be installed separately. You can check apkmirror or sammobile for module downloads.
  • As badlock app missing some modules, I decided to create this project as a quick alternative.
  • This app will be updated as Samsung adds new modules.

Screenshot

Changelog

v 1.0
-Initial release.
v 2.0
-UI is redesigned with material look.
-If a module is not installed, app redirects you to galaxy store.
-A small non-intrusive banner ad is placed. Also an ad-free paid version is published.
v 2.2
-Improved app stability
-Added toast notification when trying to launch an app that is not yet installed.
-Possible fix for rare case of force close on S8 and Note 8 devices. Please use contact developer option in play store if you face any problems.

v 2.3.5
•Added a Night Mode toggle.
•Added an option to switch to 3-column-grid layout.
•Brand new icon special thanks to XDA Recognized Themer "supergrobi94".

v 2.4
4000+ Downloads! Thank you for your support!
•NiceLock now shows installation status of the modules.
•Added a menu button to open XDA forums support thread in browser or its app.
•Night mode is now fully AMOLED-Black.
•Fixed an issue where navbar remains white when switching to night mode.

v 2.5
7500+ Downloads!
•PUSH NOTIFICATIONS!
Starting from now, when a module update is available, NiceLock will show push notifications.
•Home screen shortcuts (Paid version only)
•Context menu on long press
Open module's app info page, Galaxy Store Page and copy name and version to clipboard.
•Alphabetical sort option
•Added GDPR consent dialog for ads for users in EU. Please report back if you have any problems with it.

v 2.7

Is there a better way to celebrate 40.000 downloads than a neat Material touch? Thank you for your huge support!
•Brand new, fresh Material UI.
•Arabic and Polish translations.
•Updated Play Store page.

Downloads

Available through play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apps.nicelock3

Please consider ad-free donate version too: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....nicelock3Paid

Special Thanks

XDA Recognized Themer @supergrobi94 for making the icon and German translation
XDA User @ceccadroid for Italian translation.
XDA User @Conito11 for Spanish translation
XDA User @SupremoRei for Portuguese translation

Buy me a coffee:

Please consider a small donation if this app saved you some time.
BTC: bc1q4wu3mqap0sahkw3pm8n8fynej4lgyw2wk6yfzq
Or ad free version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....nicelock3Paid

XDA:DevDB Information
NiceLock - Good Lock 2019 Launcher for Pie [w/ Update Notifications], App for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
xantrk

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.7.01
Stable Release Date: 2019-04-29

Created 2019-04-28
Last Updated 2019-05-21
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190309-005552_NiceLock.jpg
Views:	33900
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	4719405  
Attached Files
File Type: apk nicelock v2_5_60.apk - [Click for QR Code] (7.00 MB, 33628 views)
File Type: apk NiceLock (v2.6.44) - PlayStore.apk - [Click for QR Code] (7.67 MB, 27642 views)
The Following 95 Users Say Thank You to xantrk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xantrk Ad-Free

8th March 2019, 01:49 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to xantrk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xantrk Ad-Free
8th March 2019, 01:53 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3,673

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantrk

NICELOCK

Good Lock 2019 Launcher

What is NiceLock?

• This app is only an alternative to main Good Lock app for the regions that it is officially unavailable.
  • This app only acts as a launcher for modules. Goodlock modules has to be installed separately. You can check apkmirror, sammobile etc or use this mega folder: https://mega.nz/#F!7sslhAYD!4lLr__aLuJEk3_A1t8ggdw.
  • As badlock app missing some modules, I decided to create this project as a quick alternative.

• This app will be updated as Samsung adds new modules.

Screenshot

Attachment 4718831

Changelog

v 1.0

-Initial release.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to K-alz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift K-alz Ad-Free
8th March 2019, 02:40 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-alz

Thank you.

You are welcome, hope it worked without problems?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xantrk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xantrk Ad-Free
8th March 2019, 02:44 AM |#5  
Flag Ormoc
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Works like a charm! Thank you for this
8th March 2019, 02:52 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3,673

More
Quote:

You are welcome, hope it worked without problems?

Not a single issue. Thank you again. You've saved me a ton of headaches. Maybe work on it more and make it a bigger project that we can purchase or donate through. I don't mind either. I get free credit from Google rewards all the time and I can buy you a beer.

8th March 2019, 07:00 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Just to clarify, when you say 'launcher', just a way to group them together? I've side installed the apps and used Activity Manager for the shortcuts, and placed them all in a common folder. Is this any different?

BTW, downloaded also other updates from apkmirror (ie. camera, and device care), but they won't install, anyone know why/how?
8th March 2019, 09:26 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpa25

Just to clarify, when you say 'launcher', just a way to group them together? I've side installed the apps and used Activity Manager for the shortcuts, and placed them all in a common folder. Is this any different?

BTW, downloaded also other updates from apkmirror (ie. camera, and device care), but they won't install, anyone know why/how?

No difference at all. Basically it is an app with all the good lock shortcuts. About the other apps like camera, samsung restricts them. You may not be able to sideload s10 apk to even an s10 unless samsung wants it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xantrk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xantrk Ad-Free
8th March 2019, 10:10 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-alz

Not a single issue. Thank you again. You've saved me a ton of headaches. Maybe work on it more and make it a bigger project that we can purchase or donate through. I don't mind either. I get free credit from Google rewards all the time and I can buy you a beer.

Glad you liked it. Thank you for your kind words. I am not an advanced developer so I dont have a play store account to post it, and honestly do not know how to monetize the app. Just wanted to publish this as early as possible. Maybe if this continues, why not
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xantrk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xantrk Ad-Free
8th March 2019, 12:01 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
You are awesome. Thanks!
8th March 2019, 12:37 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:

No difference at all. Basically it is an app with all the good lock shortcuts. About the other apps like camera, samsung restricts them. You may not be able to sideload s10 apk to even an s10 unless samsung wants it.

Thanks.

How come I'm able to install the Good Lock apps w/ no problem, but not these other apps? Aren't the GL apps restricted?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)