I removed Bixby completely!!

25th August 2018 07:11 AM 3 Thanks
w2830 Senior Member
I was searching around on how to remove the stock junks and found this thread that shows how to uninstall apps by using adb commends. (https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...s8-s8-t3654687 ) And I just got rid of anything that has bixby in it....
Bixaction was not working properly at the moment, so I thought I'd give a try and yes, it did seem to work. Now bixby is gone. Swiping to the left and pressing the button does nothing. One drawback is it completely killed the button, too which I'd love to
keep and remap it to something useful. Removed some stock app as well. Restarting the phone has no issues. Now I wonder if there's anyway to make that dead button work again
25th August 2018 11:06 AM 0 Thanks
Alienex22 Senior Member
Thx w2830 It's a great idea, I removed bixby and other stuff

Here another turorial : https://www.xda-developers.com/unins...t-root-access/
25th August 2018 08:38 PM 1 Thanks
illetyus Senior Member
Don't hate the Bixby. It doesnt support my language at the moment but i believe it has some future.

By the way, does remapping app work?
25th August 2018 09:58 PM 0 Thanks
w2830 Senior Member
After removing what I did, no. BixAction stopped working which makes sense. I have some ideas in my head and will be testing them out
25th August 2018 10:40 PM 2 Thanks
Compusmurf Senior Member
Ohhhh. You are better off disabling them thru the working app than removing completely. If u decide you need them later, you end up having to reset your device vs 1 click re enable. Bxactions beta is case in point. He now has it working better. Now you need the voice piece to use it.

Your phone, your choice.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
29th August 2018 12:33 PM 0 Thanks
bober10113 Senior Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2830

I was searching around on how to remove the stock junks and found this thread that shows how to uninstall apps by using adb commends. (https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...s8-s8-t3654687 ) And I just got rid of anything that has bixby in it....
Bixaction was not working properly at the moment, so I thought I'd give a try and yes, it did seem to work. Now bixby is gone. Swiping to the left and pressing the button does nothing. One drawback is it completely killed the button, too which I'd love to
keep and remap it to something useful. Removed some stock app as well. Restarting the phone has no issues. Now I wonder if there's anyway to make that dead button work again

lol... anyways.

just reinstall bixby voice. its the only module needed for bx actions to communicate with the bixby service/button

or flash back stock. learn your lesson in disabling a package instead of removing it and then just leave Bixby voice untouched.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2830

... I have some ideas in my head and will be testing them out

i hope that you do!
29th August 2018 05:06 PM 3 Thanks
matteosaeed Senior Member
So, I disabled bixby from package disabler (from the play store). All packages except the Bixby Voice which is tied to the button. Then remapped with BX action to launch assistant. Hope this helps.
4th September 2018 05:05 AM 0 Thanks
Gandicela Senior Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteosaeed

So, I disabled bixby from package disabler (from the play store). All packages except the Bixby Voice which is tied to the button. Then remapped with BX action to launch assistant. Hope this helps.

How did u remap the button to Google Assistant?
4th September 2018 10:40 AM 0 Thanks
vndnguyen Senior Member
No need to remove. I use it to turn on Bluetooth while on the go.
4th September 2018 01:34 PM 1 Thanks
matteosaeed Senior Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandicela

How did u remap the button to Google Assistant?

BXactions to remap to bixby, this is before disabling anything, then go to app info on bixby and delete storage and cache >> disable all bixby packages except for bixby voice.
close
Advanced Search
close