[ROM][Official_Candy5][Android 5.1][quincyatt]

Search This thread

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
YES!! I got Lollipop on my Note. Just FYI to anyone else out there that may be trying to do this I was able to flash it right from my CWMv6.0.4.3 that I already had on the phone. The OP almost makes it sound like you NEED TWRP, in fact I searched for a different ROM til I reread the OP for the umpteenth time and noticed in the fine print: "CWM IF it has been updated!" Updated to what? Who knows! But I'm here to tell you 6.0.4.3 worked for me FWIW. Many thanks to all the hard working devs and in no way do I mean any disrespect, this is like years old and I have to assume low priority stuff! THanks again =)

CWM recovery lost support for this device long ago and the recovery will NOT flash most newer roms. It would always give a binary error message and that's why I said to use TWRP. Plus I compiled twrp & tested with all of my builds and I know that it works 100% whereas cwm is hit & miss. But I'm glad you were able to use cwm. Not every device is the same. Sure they may have the same name or software but they are not exactly the same when it comes to flashing roms & recoveries.

CreekDirt

Mar 16, 2011
Phone calls don't work

Greetings,

I'm trying to use my unlocked ATT Note on the TMo network, but phone calls, incoming and outgoing, aren't working.

Texting and internet work fine, I've selected the TMo APN, tried a full wipe in TWRP, cleared the data in the phone cache, but no luck so far.

I'm on UCMD3, Kernel 3.0 101, and the latest version of the ROM.

Any tips are appreciated!

Reactions: aliluky

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
This is Candy5. Built straight from CyanogenMod source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

CHECK US OUT @

@matthew0776@mar5hal@gimmeitorilltell@BMP7777@CyberScopes@Cuzz1369@rc420head@Flashalot@tr1gg3r84@Venomtester@Darknites@Rapier@NexusPenguin@Alx31TLse@timmytim@javelinanddart@NoSpamDan

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

Features
*Candy Interface

*Navi Bar Height...Candy Interface

*Battery Percent ...Candy Interface / Status Bar

*Recents Panel Options ...Candy Interface/Recents Panel

*Clock and Date Options...Candy Interface/Clock and Date

*Wake Options ...Display

* Rotation 360 degrees...Display

*Custom Notification Lights...Sounds&Notifications

*Lockscreen Notifications Per App...Sounds&Notifications/App notifications

*IME options from 4.4+ ...Language and input/advanced options

*Disable Ime selector (thanks cm)

* Visual improvements

*ALL of Cm's Latest Feature Additions*

CHANGELOG

Steps:
Download Candy5.zip
Download 5.1.+ Gapps (optional)
Place Candy5.zip on phones memory or SD card
Boot into recovery (USE MY TWRP (ONLY) in second post or CWM if it's been updated)
FULL wipe! (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
Flash Candy5.zip
Boot into system
Flash Gapps
Reboot and Enjoi

GAPPSKERNEL
MAIN THREAD CLICK ON IMAGECandySweetener (flash in recovery)Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, BeanStalk, AOKP and Paranoid Android for making their source open. Sources:CandyKatCyanogenModSlimRomsAOKPBeanStalkParanoid Android

Please give first boot a good few minutes.

Thanks to those who have contributed development in this rom as well! If your name is missing please PM me so I can get that corrected right away? @pinawabrad

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms,for making their source open. @NoSpamDan for helping with this device, hercules, & skyrocket. Be sure N thank him for getting Data working. Also I believe that @SultanXDA helped him with that a bit.
Sources:
CyanogenMod
SlimRoms
LiquidSmooth

Donations are NOT required but are appreciated.

XDA:DevDB Information
Candy5, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717

Contributors
gimmeitorilltell
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, BeanStalk, AOKP, Paranoid Android

Version Information

Created 2015-02-26
Last Updated 2017-03-28
Won't flash with official twrp 287... system UI has stopped. If it's because I need your recovery, can I flash your twrp in existing twrp?

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
Greetings,

I'm trying to use my unlocked ATT Note on the TMo network, but phone calls, incoming and outgoing, aren't working.

Texting and internet work fine, I've selected the TMo APN, tried a full wipe in TWRP, cleared the data in the phone cache, but no luck so far.

I'm on UCMD3, Kernel 3.0 101, and the latest version of the ROM.

Any tips are appreciated!
Which recovery did u use?

chris1892006

Jun 29, 2018
Does anyone know how to increase the headset volume via the Mixer_Paths.xml? Does it exist? How would I increase the volume in Root on this rom? I'm using Viper4Android, but I need more volume for external speakers.

chris1892006

Jun 29, 2018
I have major issues with this rom, like Wifi Hotspot cutting out all the time, phone shutting down, restarting.

Mostly, why does the Browser stop all the time? Cannot ever keep it running, so Chrome works the best.

This is the most dependable rom I found so far here...

Here I added Viper4Android, Root Explorer, Music Folder Player, and Google Chrome, and deleted the Browser.apk

h0tw1r3.r5-i717-UCLE3_CM9-RC0-UNOFFICIAL
http://www.mediafire.com/?k9vn9v37zssz7

Chrome for this version android 4.0.4

Everything works great & it doesn't shut down or restart hardly ever, so maybe build roms around this one, because it works almost perfectly. I just wish it was Android 5.1 because of apps like PayPal & others love newer Android Version, but it works fine for now.

Last edited:

chris1892006

Jun 29, 2018
Does anyone know why this rom Candy5 just sits at the boot screen forever & never boots into the rom? I waited for nearly 10-20 minutes, nothing.

pWEN

Aug 12, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Which rom do you use, if you don't mind me asking? I'm mostly concerned with proper audio playback, chrome PayPal browser usage, and hotmail, and Facebook Messenger video recording, and proper stable Wifi Tethering.

Just jumping in to say I'm running Liquid Smooth v3.1 (LS-KK-v3.1-OFFICIAL-2014-07-12-quincyatt.zip) with the Uber kernel from Polluti0n's rom patch kit. It's not my daily driver, and I haven't tried using it for any of the purposes you're concerned with, but it runs pretty great when I do mess with it. Something you might want to try if you don't mind being on KitKat.

chris1892006

Jun 29, 2018
Just jumping in to say I'm running Liquid Smooth v3.1 (LS-KK-v3.1-OFFICIAL-2014-07-12-quincyatt.zip) with the Uber kernel from Polluti0n's rom patch kit. It's not my daily driver, and I haven't tried using it for any of the purposes you're concerned with, but it runs pretty great when I do mess with it. Something you might want to try if you don't mind being on KitKat.
Thats cool yeah I test this rom a lot that v3.1 with the uber kernel, its okay, had some issues so I'm using a stock modded version now which seems so far better than any other https://mega.nz/#!qwpUyI5b!rSvBwftBhgf9uHJJNLJywsEHOy-Cr7BwoxASiAooZCA

DannyCuba

Sep 25, 2018
Wich GApps must download

I have a samsung galay note sgh-i717, found on this page the ROM but the link to the GApps takes me to serveral options: Wich I must choose to install on my phone ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    be9f9a3ce13148bb361a064d6bd05e22.jpg

This is Candy5. Built straight from CyanogenMod source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

CHECK US OUT @

dmZXvjMP

@matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @BMP7777 @CyberScopes @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @tr1gg3r84 @Venomtester @Darknites @Rapier @NexusPenguin @Alx31TLse @timmytim @javelinanddart @NoSpamDan

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

Features
    *Candy Interface

*Navi Bar Height...Candy Interface

*Battery Percent ...Candy Interface / Status Bar

*Recents Panel Options ...Candy Interface/Recents Panel

*Clock and Date Options...Candy Interface/Clock and Date

*Wake Options ...Display

* Rotation 360 degrees...Display

*Custom Notification Lights...Sounds&Notifications

*Lockscreen Notifications Per App...Sounds&Notifications/App notifications

*IME options from 4.4+ ...Language and input/advanced options

*Disable Ime selector (thanks cm)

* Visual improvements

*ALL of Cm's Latest Feature Additions*

CHANGELOG

Steps:
    • Download Candy5.zip
    • Download 5.1.+ Gapps (optional)
    • Place Candy5.zip on phones memory or SD card
    • Boot into recovery (USE MY TWRP (ONLY) in second post or CWM if it's been updated)
    • FULL wipe! (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    • Flash Candy5.zip
    • Boot into system
    • Flash Gapps
    • Reboot and Enjoi

MAIN THREAD CLICK ON IMAGE
    Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, BeanStalk, AOKP and Paranoid Android for making their source open. Sources:

Please give first boot a good few minutes.

Thanks to those who have contributed development in this rom as well! If your name is missing please PM me so I can get that corrected right away? @pinawabrad

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms,for making their source open. @NoSpamDan for helping with this device, hercules, & skyrocket. Be sure N thank him for getting Data working. Also I believe that @SultanXDA helped him with that a bit.
    Sources:

CyanogenMod
    SlimRoms
    LiquidSmooth

Donations are NOT required but are appreciated.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Candy5, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717

Contributors
    gimmeitorilltell
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod, SlimRoms, BeanStalk, AOKP, Paranoid Android

Version Information

Created 2015-02-26
    Last Updated 2017-03-28
    OTA Uploaded

Ok DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY UPDATES UNTIL I GIVE THE GO! Im still having trouble uploading to BB so tonight I may host the build on my AFH account.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Candy5 ver: 4.0 is now up & live on BB! ENJOI!!

CHANGELOG

03/10/15

1. [*]Fixed charging while off!
      [*]Added charge percentage while off!
      [*]Broke MTP!
      [*]Updated to our latest source!
    Hey folks I wanted to stop in to say that I've been super busy working 2 jobs lately. Also we are doing some major work on our kernel. Hopefully soon we will have a separate kernel to flash that has alot of tweaks built in it. Also we are still working on the apps crashing. As soon as I get a decent build I'll let everyone know. Sorry for my lack of being as active lately but I have bills to pay & kids to feed here.
    Fresh new build here untested! Back'em up & enjoy! candy5-release.v2.5.2-20150517-OFFICIAL-quincyatt.zip

EDIT: Can you all let me know how data is working or if it works at all? My buddy @NoSpamDan has finished up tweaking on it.

Also folks I now have a commit that "should" fix the apps closing out. That will be in my next build.