FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Zek USB 3.0 OTG Adapter

117 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By ElsaReyes, Senior Member on 4th October 2016, 02:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Has anyone here used one of these?

I use my tablet for just about everything so I'm always worried about running out of space.

But with this I could add so much storage space with usb drives, and an sd card.

4th October 2016, 02:38 PM |#2  
Flag Hamad Town
Thanks Meter: 102

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsaReyes

Has anyone here used one of these?

I use my tablet for just about everything so I'm always worried about running out of space.

But with this I could add so much storage space with usb drives, and an sd card.

I have been using OTG to transfer files from and to my galaxy devices and it is working very well

But the sad news is that our note pro cannot give enough power to portable HDD ( the ones i used were 1Tb and 2tb, on my note 3 and my note edge they work but not on the note pro)

You can connect flash memories and anything that consumes low voltage like a mouse or a keyboard or a flash memory
5th October 2016, 12:07 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflanzy

I have been using OTG to transfer files from and to my galaxy devices and it is working very well

But the sad news is that our note pro cannot give enough power to portable HDD ( the ones i used were 1Tb and 2tb, on my note 3 and my note edge they work but not on the note pro)

You can connect flash memories and anything that consumes low voltage like a mouse or a keyboard or a flash memory

I'm not looking to connect hdd's.

I already have planned what I'm doing.

First of all I'm gonna find some way to strap it to the back of the tablet case, and then, I got 1 for now, ultra fit usb flash drive, which will go in one of the usb ports.

I got a memory stick pro duo adapter which I can slot two of my micro sd cards into, and then stick it in the otg.

And then one micro sd card in an sd card adapter to put in the sd card slot. :3
7th October 2016, 02:34 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
This thing makes no sense. It's great yeah, but it's weird, it can have three flash drives or usb devices running at once, but when it comes to cards of any kind, you can only use one at a time, even if one is in a usb adapter, it still won't allow two.

It makes no sense, usb all you want, but cards only one. Why?
12th October 2016, 04:10 AM |#5  
Flag Hamad Town
Thanks Meter: 102

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsaReyes

This thing makes no sense. It's great yeah, but it's weird, it can have three flash drives or usb devices running at once, but when it comes to cards of any kind, you can only use one at a time, even if one is in a usb adapter, it still won't allow two.

It makes no sense, usb all you want, but cards only one. Why?

Maybe the adapter requires extra power that the note pro cannot give

Can you send a picture of what you have and how you connected them to the note pro?

I will try it and see if i am having similar issue
21st December 2016, 04:56 PM |#6  
Sorry, just came across this post. Here are several methods I use; a 128Gb Sandisk USB 3 thumb drive [http://a.co/9OVzdu5 ] and a USB 3 OTA adapter [http://a.co/jfMs2Yq ] along with the 128gb micro card in the device. If you need terabytes, get a wireless battery powered portable hard drive [http://a.co/fzM9ZPi], it works on mine. I also had a spare 240gb mSATA card from when I replaced my laptop drive. I bought a case for it and use that - the tablet has enough power to use it. Finally, I have connected a self-powered 2 Tb desktop drive with good results via the OTG cable. It just takes a while when opening your file explorer. Last, but not least, you can connect to your NAS via WiFi [ I use QNAP, and have accessed it from everywhere that I've visited that had good inet speeds via the QNAP apps]
22nd December 2016, 04:27 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Do you have more info on QNAP? Where to get it for instance? Is it in the Play Store?
29th December 2016, 03:32 AM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopsranch

Do you have more info on QNAP? Where to get it for instance? Is it in the Play Store?

QNAP is a hardware vendor for Network Attached Storage units - look on Amazon or NewEgg. I got the empty 2 bay one and loaded some spare drives I had laying around so I have 2 Tbytes mirrored now. Their apps allow remote access for files, music and movies to their devices.
30th December 2016, 08:18 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhricik447

QNAP is a hardware vendor for Network Attached Storage units - look on Amazon or NewEgg. I got the empty 2 bay one and loaded some spare drives I had laying around so I have 2 Tbytes mirrored now. Their apps allow remote access for files, music and movies to their devices.

Thank you for that info.
10th March 2017, 09:17 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I am using a Y-cable that powers device and allow OTG at the same time with usb 3.0.It is sufficient to power my 2.5 HDD
17th March 2017, 06:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexda75

I am using a Y-cable that powers device and allow OTG at the same time with usb 3.0.It is sufficient to power my 2.5 HDD

Could you provide a link for this Y-Cable?

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)