Remove All Ads from XDA

[P900][UNOFFICIAL] OmniROM

770 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,754

By bonuzzz, Senior Member on 4th November 2014, 10:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
OmniROM for P900 Only

installation:
install custom recovery TWRP: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2706982
install omnirom with recovery
install gapps (optional): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942
for root flash zip file with recovery: http://download.chainfire.eu/589/SuperSU/
Changelog:
R2:
-improve overal stability
-bug fixes
known issues:
camera is not working
buttons backlight is not working

download links:
R2:
P900 https://yadi.sk/d/SUn2aByFcaEAM

XDA:DevDB Information
OmniROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Contributors
bonuzzz, Valera1978, arcadia2uk
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-11-04
Last Updated 2014-11-20
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bonuzzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bonuzzz Ad-Free

4th November 2014, 10:59 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
5th November 2014, 01:14 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 326

More
To anyone who flashed this, can you do the following immediately after installation?

1) Let the rom be installed and after setting up everything that it may be required from you (your google account?), wait for a while and then reboot the tablet.
2) Once the reboot is completed go to Settings-> Apps and from there navigate to the "Running" TAB. Once there please report the "USED" amount (it would be like "700MB used", or sth like this).

Thanks.
5th November 2014, 03:27 PM |#4  
Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Latest update: 11082014 2.30pm EST

Thank you bonuzzz and Valera1978. This OmniROM directly built from source is out of the box the smoothest and reactive ROM I've seen on the T-900. I have been fortunate to run this version in alpha and beta over the past 4 or 5 days and I have not seen any extraordinary issues with the release.

Note for v.2 - Be very patient in flashing v2, from that system format starts in TWRP until extraction kicks in there's currently a delay of up to 3 minutes

Just as under the SM-P900 cm11 tread, I have performed some functionality testing of the device and some extra features, they are shown below as working, not working or not tested. The functionality grid was developed based on weaknesses in earlier AOSP builds and ports for the large format Samsung Tab/Note Pro family:
- mtp - to activate go to Settings/About tablet/ and tap 8 times on Build number - The menu will now have Settings/{ } Developer options/ activated. Check mark USB debugging notify.
- adb
- External SD - working out of the box
- Ext4 SD card mounting on external SD - Auto-mount does not work, tested on Sandisk 128Gb SD
- USB OTG including USB storage
- Off-mode charging
- Encryption tested on backup restore in TWRP 2.8.1.1 restore failed in data, but must be related to a TWRP error Encryption process in ROM takes about an hour to perform, if someone is interested in performing the test and report back it would be great, but theoretically it should work.
-----------------------------------------
- Lid sensor
- IR blaster - worked by using IR 2.0
- OC settings - located in Settings/Performance/ if you click the 3 dots in upper right corner you can chose a toggle, or a drawer mode where a multitude of performance settings and information is available, most of them are currently not used.
- Advanced reboot - to activate go to Settings/About tablet/ and tap 8 times on Build number - The menu will now have Settings/{ } Developer options/. Check mark Advanced reboot.
- Screen rotation specific issue with T-900
- Play Store
- Google Play movies download and playback
- Google Play streaming Movies & TV
- DRM - tested with Audible, Google Books and Amazon Kindle
- Zona
- Popcorn Time - need upgrade to latest version 2.3 beta, includes built-in VPN and Chromecast support with subtitles, earlier version timed out
- YouTube 1080p playback - 1440p will work w. v5.9.0.12, but I believe this to be a false positive.
- Netflix
- Chromecast with #MirrorEnabler hack, allowing for screen cast
- MHL connector
- Miracast
- Capacitive lights - I assume this is the backlights for the capacitive buttons
- Capacitive keys
- Home button - correct function performed
- Brightness manual + auto
- Vibrator
- S-Pen according to OP only available on P-900
- GPS lock and voice directed navigation
- WiFi both 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz are working
- Bluetooth
- Microphone
- Audio on both speakers
- Headphones
- Camera - in progress; the camera "works", but does not allow for single shots to be taken, and crashes in video mode, but panorama shots are working
- Torch as of v2
- Camera Sensors as of v2
- Xposed Framework and modules - need re-initialization after each boot (common to all AOSP ROM's)
- Superuser - installation of latest flashable version SuperSU through TWRP is recommended - make sure to enter into SuperSU settings and execute "Install SuperSU backup script" under the CUSTOM ROM label before re-flashing a ROM update.
- Hangouts Dialer phone calls via Hangouts
The following are standard limitations and options for OmniROM:
Write access to your external SD-card works out of the box, but just in case i suggest to d/l JRummy's SD KitKat Fixer
init.d support also works out of the box, otherwise d/l Uni-init by Ryuinferno.
If you think to much heat is building up use Performance/Governor set to ondemand, or conservative and I/O Schedduler to bfq, in addition to increase battery time you can set Wi-Fi/Advanced/Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep/ to Only when plugged in and make sure the Wi-Fi/Advanced/Wi-Fi optimization/ is checked and reduce Display/Sleep/ to below 1 minute. You can also use some apps to improve battery eg Easy Battery Saver, or the more sophisticated AutoCon+ Save Battery & Data and and to put hanging apps to hibernation Greenify that I believe require Xposed Installer. To improve charging time, you can use an app eg Faster Charger. Finally, I have also used PurePerformances in order to further improve the performances and VIPER4AndroidFX to allow for louder speaker sound and enhanced listening experience.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to arcadia2uk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arcadia2uk Ad-Free
5th November 2014, 04:41 PM |#5  
Boston, MA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevethegreat

To anyone who flashed this, can you do the following immediately after installation?

1) Let the rom be installed and after setting up everything that it may be required from you (your google account?), wait for a while and then reboot the tablet.
2) Once the reboot is completed go to Settings-> Apps and from there navigate to the "Running" TAB. Once there please report the "USED" amount (it would be like "700MB used", or sth like this).

Thanks.

1.1Gb RAM used, but I'm running MultiROM, besides that I had only installed SuperSU and Pico gapps, I have exactly the same usage displayed with cm11.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcadia2uk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arcadia2uk Ad-Free
5th November 2014, 06:45 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
IR port is working. Tested with smart ir
flip cover is working also
I dont understand issue with screen rotation
5th November 2014, 07:41 PM |#7  
Boston, MA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonuzzz

IR port is working. Tested with smart ir
flip cover is working also
I dont understand issue with screen rotation

The screen doesn't automatically rotate when turning the device, although I have automatic rotation enabled in System/Display/ with values 0/90/180/270. However, with some apps a forced rotation arrive that turn the screen from landscape to portrait, after this the screen stay in portrait until another app trigger a turn to landscape. Anyway, blocking the screen in landscape, or in portrait with the apps I mentioned in my post works perfectly well, but it's a forced rotation, not automatic. It could be device specific? - note issue only concern T-900, not P900/901
I retested IR and Lid and they worked when flashing the ROM with TWRP 8.2.1.1. This was either a glitch, or the fact that I flashed in MultiROM.
5th November 2014, 07:48 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadia2uk

For me the screen don't rotate automatically when turning the screen, although I have automatic enabled in System/Display/. However, with some apps I have automatic rotation that turn the screen from landscape to portrait, after this the screen stay in portrait until another app trigger a turn to landscape. However, blocking the screen in landscape, or in portrait with mentioned apps works perfectly well, but it's a forced rotation, not automatic. It could be device specific?

download please z-device test https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...an.zdevicetest and send me screenshot of his report

multirom in current state uses kernel from primary rom in additional roms. Concerning screen rotation, I think it is specific for t900 and I'll solve it in next release.
The Following User Says Thank You to bonuzzz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bonuzzz Ad-Free
5th November 2014, 09:04 PM |#9  
Boston, MA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonuzzz

download please z-device test https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...an.zdevicetest and send me screenshot of his report

multirom in current state uses kernel from primary rom in additional roms. Concerning screen rotation, I think it is specific for t900 and I'll solve it in next release.

That kernel use can explain some of the oddities I've experienced.
On the T-900 I had the screen rotation issues as well, along with other users, so I believe it's a T900 issue. It works with stock ROM though. Also, I just forwarded some screen shots.
6th November 2014, 03:00 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hey guys thanks for yet an other custom rom you sure have been working hard! I did some reading about this omnirom and i conclude imo it is prefereable to cyan, is valeria working only on omni now i noticed she released a new cm. Thanks again looking forward to next release.
6th November 2014, 05:47 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Hi friends, I wanted to thank you for bringing OmniRom to the Note Pro 12.2.
I will be sure to install it this coming weekend when I have some time
I'm currently on CM and it's very nice, but I like the idea of Omni being truly open source.
Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)