[P900][Touchwiz] Yet Another Marshmallow Rom 20180202

Search This thread

Sterist

Sep 30, 2011
Galaxy S, quadrant 2
lockscreen (at least with pattern) re-locks immediately after first unlock following each reboot on 0515 'test' build, very predictable and reproducible

task manager (recents) is grayed out. it's my favorite version of Samsung's task manager too ;(

in settings, "Storage" links directly to the Smart Manager instead of the user storage screen (not normal)

Smart Manager is hidden from the app drawer (not normal, and only on 'yet another' port)

Last edited:

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
lockscreen (at least with pattern) re-locks immediately after first unlock following each reboot on 0515 'test' build, very predictable and reproducible
I think you didn't wipe data
I hope I've fixed lock screen on the next build

task manager (recents) is grayed out. it's my favorite version of Samsung's task manager too ;(
I dont understand about task manager.

in settings, "Storage" links directly to the Smart Manager instead of the user storage screen (not normal)
that's normal. that is behavior of original rom

Smart Manager is hidden from the app drawer (not normal, and only on 'yet another' port)
that's also ok. samsung hides icon from app drawer. I can return it, but there is no sense do it, because i dont think you use it frequently and you can always open smart manager via settings

Last edited:

Sterist

Sep 30, 2011
Galaxy S, quadrant 2
@bonuzzz

it was a fresh install, data was indeed wiped --system, data, dalvik, cache. the re-lock only occurs once per (cold?) reboot and only after a reboot. it does not 'permanently' lock out, just an annoyance.

task manager is the pie chart icon bottom left of the Recents screen; with the clear-all "X" icon next to it at the bottom right.

regarding smart manager, I say not normal because neither of those two "issues" reflect the behavior of any other Samsung roms (4.4 5.0.1 5.0.2 5.1.1 6.0.1, stock or port) that I've used on my S4, note pro, or Note 4

if that is indeed the default behavior from the T800 I'm further glad I did not buy that device and am further disappointed in Samsung's continuing bad changes ;)

edit:
this rom contains cellular related system apps, and per install instructions is only compatible with the WiFi-only devices. I have made regular habit of uninstalling such apps from roms I use (they drain ram, battery, and increase TWRP backup size and download size)

i can confirm that removing them will not break anything :)

Last edited:
Reactions: venturiz01

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
new build has been uploaded
link in first post
full wipe required!

all bugs i've found has been fixed except smartstay and soundalive. for now i dont have ideas how to fix them.
display scaling added
all apps support multiwindow patch added
safe volume warning removed
some minor changes

If someone wants to build custom rom based on this rom, feel free to do it. I dont have plans to add more features here.

Last edited:

riulian83

Sep 15, 2010
Timisoara, Romania
Hi. It looks like the keyboard handwriting is not working. @bonuzzz thanks for this nice ROM :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170521-000428.jpg
    Screenshot_20170521-000428.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 230

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
Hi. It looks like the keyboard handwriting is not working. @bonuzzz thanks for this nice ROM :good:

Yes

is full wipe only required from 0509, or 0515 test build too?

also I just found out that trying to delete highlighted text is buggy lol could be a chrome issue though.

If you want to install this build, you should wipe data partition.

About issues, if someone wants to fix them or continue to develop rom, based on this, you're welcome
I dont promise to fix anything, because I dont have a lot of spare time. You it "as is".

extinguish

Jun 27, 2013
this rom is amazing! Thanks for your work.
There are a few minor bugs that I found
samsung keyboard crashes in handwriting mode
wifi connects to 2.4ghz band fine, but could not find 5ghz signal.

Reactions: Sterist
It depends on hardware. If it doesn't have many differences, so maybe. I will check it later.

What wifi channel are you using?
it's my fault [emoji17] , i have a router xiaomi and channel default don't see, i change channel more down and works fabulous[emoji2] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] sorry for mistake, thanks bonuzzz!

Enviado desde mi SM-T800 mediante Tapatalk

irockthebear

Jan 27, 2013
SF
This Rom is amazing. My only problem now is the P900 is SLOW AF.

Were any of you able to overclock the device? I tried the virual memory addition with a Class 10 SD card and that did not speed up the OS at all. I get overheating errors at times. lol

Is the Mod (Bonuzzz) planning to do a Tab S3 port? that would be awsome, but I am happy with the current features already. I actually sold my 905V and bought the P900 to use this rom!

Last edited:

Sterist

Sep 30, 2011
Galaxy S, quadrant 2
This Rom is amazing. My only problem now is the P900 is SLOW AF.

Were any of you able to overclock the device? I tried the virual memory addition with a Class 10 SD card and that did not speed up the OS at all. I get overheating errors at times. lol

Is the Mod (Bonuzzz) planning to do a Tab S3 port? that would be awsome, but I am happy with the current features already. I actually sold my 905V and bought the P900 to use this rom!

the kernel in use, as he says, is a 100% untouched Samsung kernel from the t800
@bonuzzz this gets me thinking, would it be possible to use a T800 custom TW MM kernel?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

Features:
    -touchwiz ui with near stock functionality
    -based on Tab A and Tab S frameworks
    -Tab S2 apps
    -Tab S3 UI Sounds
    -SPen features
    -theme support
    -pre-rooted (magisk)
    -deodexed
    -debloated
    -knox removed
    -Display scaling (root required)
    -all apps support multiwindow
    -some minor changes like removing safe volume warning, overlay fix etc
    -ported IronKernel from @Tkkg1994 (read more about kernel features here: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/orig-development/kernel-ironstock-kernel-v3-2-t3531295 )

Notes:
    full wipe required!
    First boot takes 10 minutes
    For some features root required
    Device encryption doesn't support here
    If you don't want to install root, remove magisk folder from install zip
    If you want to make custom rom based on my rom, you're welcome.

Download:
    02feb
    gdrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sAiyxBEkEDEWtOiuMvOM53DKWmAVWHQx

Thanks to @Tkkg1994 for the kernel
    Kernel sources:
    https://github.com/bonuzzz/IronKernel
    Hi, guys
    I've uploaded new build. I think this is the final build I've made. So if you want to make your own rom, based on this one, feel free to do it. I also uploaded kernel sources to github.
    I didn't make here significant changes, but I recommend you to make clean install. I didn't test dirty flash.
    So, changelog is here:
    -photoeditor fixed
    -camera modes fixed
    -action memo added to air command
    -app lock added
    -cosmetic fixes and changes
    -touchwiz has been changed again. it doesn't have lag
    -theme support added out of box
    -new mode in touchwiz: all apps on home screen without app drawer button
    -many little bugfixes

download links are in op
    new screenshots are also posted to op

Enjoy and have a nice day!
    It's hard to compare because these two roms has one goal - make clean and stable daily firmware, but there two ways to achieve it.
    It has working camera here. Some bugs with hwcomposer are solved here. I couldn't solve them in tab s2 port.
    This rom should be more battery friendly
    it has blue light filter but without any settings. Simple, but working.
    It's not significally faster than tab s2 rom.
    This rom has more possibilities for me to edit features and fix bugs. Maybe in future someone make more custom rom on this base.
    And, of course, new bugs added ;)
    spolier for new version:)
    theme support enabler
    https://yadi.sk/d/JtW2nsNe3K4QoF
    flash with twrp
    orientation is landscape
    only icons and wallpaper are changed, but it's working)