By Schrolli97, Member on 26th February 2017, 12:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * Neither me nor Resurrection Remix nor anyone else mentioned in this post is
 * responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you
 * getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you
 * have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at
 * us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
This is my first ROM built with help from jdelano who used to build this ROM for these devices.
Even if this is quite new to me, issue reports are welcome and I'm trying to help as good as I can.

About Resurrection Remix

Resurrection Remix has been based on CM, slim, omni and original Remix ROM builds creating an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the newest features while being completely open source.

Features

Statusbar customization (Centered clock, custom battery icon, battery bar,...)
Navigationbar (activate navigation bar, rearrange buttons, custom actions,...)
Hardware buttons customization
Lockscreen customization (shortcut custumization, hide emergency button,...)
Gestures
Quicksettings customization
Interface customization (custom dpi, ambient display,...)
Themes (OMS support)
and many more

Changelog

Known issues

MHL out to TV doesn't work

Mentioning issues

Before mentioning issues, please make sure you followed the instructions mentioned below and you're not using custom kernels or mods modifying system files.

Installation instructions

First install/Clean Flash

Download latest ROM zip file
Download GApps
(Download latest TWRP and install it) - T900 users need to use a special TWRP linked in Downloads section
Reboot into recovery
Make Nandroid backup (recommended)
Wipe Data, System and (Dalvik) Cache
Flash ROM and GApps
Reboot
Enjoy Resurrection Remix!

Update/Dirty Flash

Download latest ROM zip file
Reboot into recovery
Make Nandroid backup (not needed in most cases, but better to be save if something went wrong)
Flash ROM
Reboot
Enjoy the update!

Downloads

ROM

P900 (v1awifi)
T900 (v2awifi)

TWRP

P900
T900: Your TWRP is linked in this thread under Installation - step 3

Open GApps

Download latest GApps from Open GApps official website using
Platform: arm
Android: 7.1
Variant: the one you prefer (I use stock without issues but on another device I had issues with GBoard settings force closing)

Credits

RR Team
CyanogenMod/LineageOS Team
OMNI Team
SLIMROMS Team
Substratum Team
Open GApps Team
Exynos5420 Team
and of course all the contributers, supporters and donators

Sources

P900 device sources
T900 device sources
RR sources

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Schrolli97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Schrolli97 Ad-Free

26th February 2017, 12:14 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Trier
Thanks Meter: 88

Donate to Me
More
Screenshots

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Schrolli97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Schrolli97 Ad-Free
26th February 2017, 05:09 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
I just updated my phone to 5.8.2 last night. It'll be interesting to run the same ROM on both of my devices. Thanks for your contribution...I look forward to trying it out this evening.
26th February 2017, 06:21 PM |#4  
Flag Kristinehamn
Thanks Meter: 290

More
So happy that you took this on @Schrolli97 I love RR and our device deserves the best in software, it's really that good. Best of luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thools60 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thools60 Ad-Free
28th February 2017, 10:14 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Trier

Donate to Me
More
New builds are up and linked in OP.
Next update should show up in OTA updates
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Schrolli97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Schrolli97 Ad-Free
1st March 2017, 05:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 577

Donate to Me
More
Has anyone run into issues with their external sd card -- "corrupted sd card" -- after updating to the last couple versions of RR? This happened as well in the Lineage 14 version (and is discussed there at length). I'd hoped it was avoided in RR, but alas, no. At least, not for me. The card is *not* corrupted; rather the OS isn't reading it correctly. I had to back off with RR to an earlier version capable of still reading exfat (the default microsd card format).
1st March 2017, 07:31 PM |#7  
Flag Kristinehamn

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonkin

Has anyone run into issues with their external sd card -- "corrupted sd card" -- after updating to the last couple versions of RR? This happened as well in the Lineage 14 version (and is discussed there at length). I'd hoped it was avoided in RR, but alas, no. At least, not for me. The card is *not* corrupted; rather the OS isn't reading it correctly. I had to back off with RR to an earlier version capable of still reading exfat (the default microsd card format).

I had this some time ago. I moved all data to my PC. Formatted the card in my tablet and moved it all back. Now it works fine
2nd March 2017, 05:36 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 577

Donate to Me
More
Nope, sorry y'all...

Two different microsd cards, formatted on the tablet with android as portable (exfat). Both work fine with last version of RR previous to 2/28/17 version. As soon as I install newest version, either clean or dirty install, I get the "Corrupted Samsung SD Card" message. Both cards are *brand* new -- one a Samsung Evo plus 64g, the other a Samsung Evo 128g.

For folks with the card formatted internally, it will work of course (different format). I'm about to restore my old version, but thought I'd give ya a heads-up. And again, this same issue has shown up over in the LIneage 14 folks' page.

I know this is complaining. But hey, maintainers of these Roms get total respect from me... and THANKS. Just passing along info to help....

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

VERIFIED that removing 2/28 version and reinstalling the 2/18 version restores functionality to sdcard (portable exfat).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shonkin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shonkin Ad-Free
5th March 2017, 08:55 AM |#9  
Flag Kristinehamn

More
Anybody wants great sound on your tablet? Tested by me. Works great. I installed the whole choobang. Damn! I have bass on my speakers now!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...earch-t3379709
The Following User Says Thank You to thools60 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thools60 Ad-Free
5th March 2017, 07:24 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrolli97

New builds are up and linked in OP.
Next update should show up in OTA updates

@Schrolli97 thanks for carrying on with this great RR Rom! I clean installed the 2017/02/24 version, and it has been working great. Donation sent!

There is a fix to the lock screen non-rotation issue (which you may know about). Posting here for others, FYI...

Add the following code to the root/system/build.prop file, then save it and reboot.

Code:
log.tag.launcher_force_rotate=VERBOSE
lockscreen.rot_override=true

You can use the included Deathly Adiutor app to edit the build.prop file (under Tools / Build prop Editor).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gary_O For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gary_O Ad-Free
5th March 2017, 08:13 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Trier

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_O

@Schrolli97 thanks for carrying on with this great RR Rom! I clean installed the 2017/02/24 version, and it has been working great. Donation sent!

There is a fix to the lock screen non-rotation issue (which you may know about). Posting here for others, FYI...

Add the following code to the root/system/build.prop file, then save it and reboot.

Code:
log.tag.launcher_force_rotate=VERBOSE
lockscreen.rot_override=true

You can use the included Deathly Adiutor app to edit the build.prop file (under Tools / Build prop Editor).

Very happy that you guys enjoy this. Hope that I can contribute to making this device even more awesome

Thanks for mentioning this fix. Just added it to the OP
Let's see if I can get it to work that you don't need to edit build.prop anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonkin

Nope, sorry y'all...

Two different microsd cards, formatted on the tablet with android as portable (exfat). Both work fine with last version of RR previous to 2/28/17 version. As soon as I install newest version, either clean or dirty install, I get the "Corrupted Samsung SD Card" uu. Both cards are *brand* new -- one a Samsung Evo plus 64g, the other a Samsung Evo 128g.

For folks with the card formatted internally, it will work of course (different format). I'm about to restore my old version, but thought I'd give ya a heads-up. And again, this same issue has shown up over in the LIneage 14 folks' page.

I know this is complaining. But hey, maintainers of these Roms get total respect from me... and THANKS. Just passing along info to help....

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

VERIFIED that removing 2/28 version and reinstalling the 2/18 version restores functionality to sdcard (portable exfat).

For me it's working fine so I can't say much about it. I guess the only fix at this time is disabling sdcardfs via build.prop...
For anyone else having this problem:
Changing "ro.sys.sdcardfs=true" to "ro.sys.sdcardfs=false" in build.prop and rebooting should fix this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schrolli97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Schrolli97 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)