Converting P907 to P905

Search This thread

yuval gur

May 8, 2007
Hi all,
I own a P907 for several months. When purchasing I thought I can flash a custom recovery and flash any rom I want.
It seems the AT&T Bootloader is unchangeable.
I had an idea…
I hard briked my LG D855 (G3) and brought it back to life with a procedure I found on the XDA forums, JTAG, writing directly to the board (needed to open the device).
Is it possible to write directly to the board and then it will be possible to flash a custom recovery?

Thank you.

Beut

Jun 28, 2015
Hi all,
I own a P907 for several months. When purchasing I thought I can flash a custom recovery and flash any rom I want.
It seems the AT&T Bootloader is unchangeable.
P907A and P905V acutually are identical tablets but bootloader is locked by provider, P907A is from AT&T, P905V is from Verizon.
As long as bootloader is locked, you cannot flash different firmware to your tablet. Try to flash by Odin, you'll see it fails immediately.
I can swap mainboard of P907A to a P905V tablet or vice versa without any problem because the hardware is identical.
The P900 Wifi version, bootloader is not locked, you can flash whatever firmware you want.

meirg

Jun 29, 2010
Beit Shemesh, Israel
I was wondering the same thing about my P905V. Would a hardware flasher work to write the P905 bootloader to it? It's such a shame that this very expensive tablet is stuck on a bloated and outdated Android version. At this point, it's so slow I wouldn't mind risking destroying it to try to get CM14.1.

Has anyone tried this conversion?