Instant handwriting recognition

Search This thread

bitman44

Sep 6, 2015
At one point i had an application, thought it was Snote or Supernote.....
that when i did handwriting it converted to text automatically while i wrote (if i paused for a second).
It was really cool and in a cool font. I cannot read my own handwriting and this app did it amazingly fast.
Where is it and how do i get it back.
I have even flashed my Note Pro back to 4.4.2 to see if it was some sort of an update to Snote that i found while searching the forum.
Any way no luck.
Any help greatly appreciated.

mjkurke

Oct 9, 2015
I might be wrong but it sounds like you might mean the handwriting keyboard. This allows you to write in pretty much any application with handwriting. It puts a little notepad where the keyboard would normally pop up. As you write it converts to text with kind of a cool handwriting font. To access it make sure you have the default samsung keyboard. Then tap the little microphone/gear icon to the left of the spacebar. Then choose the handwriting icon. That should pop up the handwriting pad.

Alternatively there is a google handwriting input keyboard available in the app store, but I find the samsung one just as goo.

bitman44

Sep 6, 2015
Yes I think thats it....i just am missing one piece of the puzzle....which app or application do i start to write my notes in?
I just tried Snote and it didnt do it and i also tries supernote but it didn't do it either.
I just would like to make some great notes and poems and such with a readable cool font....like you mentioned.

I cant seem to see how to attach a pic either... imgur.com/a/WuvaS
Also followed these directions,
tomsguide com faq id-1765262 enable-handwriting-text-note
but the function icon or the T button are not there.
Maybe I have the wrong Snote apk/application

Below is the process (from tomsguide website) that would help you enable the Handwriting-to-Text option in the S Note:

On your Samsung smartphone or tablet, tap the app drawer icon.
Tap the S Note icon to initiate the app.
On the displayed S Note screen, tap the + icon from the top right corner.
On the Select a template window, choose the template of your choice from the displayed list by tapping on it.

Once created, long tap (tap and hold) the Formula Match icon, i.e. f(x), from the Productivity Tools bar at the top left corner.
From the displayed options, tab Handwriting-to-Text icon, i.e. T, to select it.

You will see that now you can use the stylus to create handwritten characters on the page which are then automatically converted to the text.

In order to get the normal handwritten typing format back, you can simply tap the pen icon from the Productivity Tools bar.
You can also follow the 5[super]th[/super] step and select the Formula Match or Shape Match icon to make the S Note recognize the formulas or drawn shapes respectively using the stylus and convert them to their corresponding objects.

Last edited:

mjkurke

Oct 9, 2015
You can do it in S-note. After You open S-note make sure YOU select all from the drop down on the upper-left. Then hit the drop down men dots on the right and choose template. This gives you a much larger selection of templates like portrait notes and such. Choose whichever you like and write your note. You can either handwrite Your note or choose the T option and have it convert to text as you write. Once you have it converted to text use the selection tool. Choose properties and then change the font.

Reactions: bitman44

bitman44

Sep 6, 2015
Thank you.
I am just flashing Nougat and will check in again later.
Yes the Handwriting Keyboard works.....just not the same as the Snote from before (like on the Note 2).
I did like the Magnetic Lasso.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can do it in S-note. After You open S-note make sure YOU select all from the drop down on the upper-left. Then hit the drop down men dots on the right and choose template. This gives you a much larger selection of templates like portrait notes and such. Choose whichever you like and write your note. You can either handwrite Your note or choose the T option and have it convert to text as you write. Once you have it converted to text use the selection tool. Choose properties and then change the font.