Can someone give a review of Lineage 7x on the SM-P900

Search This thread

RedMist

Jan 18, 2008
Swansea
I like my Note Pro. I use the pen and have quite a few pen apps.

Can someone who uses the tablet give a quick review og how it works, what's great and what's not so great?

I'll then be better prepared to decide if I want to flash the ROM

I'm particularly interested in how the SPEN works and if it's any different to the stock rom. I know I'll be missing the Samsung apps. Just want to see if the pen works the same way in 3rd party apps.
How fast/Slow is the ROM?

Thanks

Sheeptar

Oct 4, 2010
I JUST flashed my tablet yesterday with OS 14.1 on my P900. It really runs great. Still haven't most things but I made a nandroid backup of my stock rom in TWRP and I can flash back any time I want.

It's fast and so far stable.

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
Maybe I just got really used to stock-based ROMs, but I'm not a fan of how Lineage runs on the P900. I mean..It's stable...Everything I need works. I use Lineage on other devices, and pretty much all of my old devices have CM on them. I just can't explain why I don't like it on this.

(I am currently using it on this...Probably going on two months)

Fradiaval

Dec 11, 2017
I've been using it for 1 month and it works quite well. All the features are great and the system runs really fast. The problem is that some of the old features (floating windows, specific software for s-pen and quick access) are not available in Lineage OS 14 for sm-p900... so I ended up missing some of them. I will try the Touchwiz adapted to sm-p900 (based on android 6.0 marshmallow) which is still an upgrade for what I had at the beginning... I'll tell you about this when I try it.

PD: I've been using CM-Spen Add-on as a substitute for SPen software, but it doesen't feel the same.

RedMist

Jan 18, 2008
Swansea
I've been using it for 1 month and it works quite well. All the features are great and the system runs really fast. The problem is that some of the old features (floating windows, specific software for s-pen and quick access) are not available in Lineage OS 14 for sm-p900... so I ended up missing some of them. I will try the Touchwiz adapted to sm-p900 (based on android 6.0 marshmallow) which is still an upgrade for what I had at the beginning... I'll tell you about this when I try it.

PD: I've been using CM-Spen Add-on as a substitute for SPen software, but it doesen't feel the same.

That review would be really good thank you. :)

I have a few questions if anyone knows....

I assume the Nougat Split screen works OK - I don't really use floating windows much
And palm rejection when using the stylus? Is that a hardware feature and still working OK?
Is the stylus lag more or less noticeable?
I'm using MS OneNote for it's syncing features, and it's really quite good these days. Does this work do you know?
Does the stylus need to be calibrated? Or does it match what you touch on the screen 100%
Is there a continuous dot on screen, when the stylus is very close to the screen or touching?
Is the battery drain better or worse than touchwiz?

Thank you :)

Last edited: