[KERNEL][4 TW roms]CivZ_P900_Rev2.0-Lollipop(22/okt/2015)

Search This thread

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
No, I don't must switch on manually.
The screen flickers an half second to black and comes back from self -> it flickers
With stock Kernel and also with 1.8 Kernel the problem is gone.
Tested yesterday with 15% Accu. Everything is fine now. [emoji106]

Edit: I mean "switching back to stiock Kernel" sry for irritations [emoji6]

sent from my amazing SGS5 via Tapatalk

Ah, oh , ok. Thanks :)
I mostly've asked because my P900 switches the screen off every now and then. But the issue is most probably caused by the (official) case...

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
@civato : There are quite many people having problems with the (original) Samsung cover but also anything that uses Magnets. Most users experiencing this problem simply gut their cases which I find unacceptable (there are a dozen threads explaining how). I find silly to solve issues solvable by software by modifying hardware.

CM11 for example has the magnet disabled and the case "does not work" hence unintentional switching off of the tablet's monitor is avoided.

So I searched and searched the kernel sources, but to no avail. Do you -maybe- have an(y) idea in which file the magnetic cover auto switching (on/off) option can be found? If yes it would be great if you could bake a version of your kernel with the magnets off, or at least to show where the option is so that I may modify it for personal use (or future releases of yours).

Thanks.

desantim

Jan 5, 2010
Oregon
Are there any suggest settings for our P900's and this kernel? I know each work differently, but what's a great place to start? I'm looking to retain some halfway decent battery life, but keep things as snappy as possible over stock. I'm on the 2.1 CivZ ROM with the 1.8 Kernel.

Last edited:

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
Rev2.0 Released 22/okt/2015

• Updated to H4 source & ramdisk
  • Reverted memory control

Reactions: pradeepd

shonkin

Oct 15, 2012
Quick question here.... can I run the Nova launcher on this rather than the stock samsung one... and if so does the S-pen pop up, apps, and so on still work okay? I like Nova's clean look.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Quick question here.... can I run the Nova launcher on this rather than the stock samsung one... and if so does the S-pen pop up, apps, and so on still work okay? I like Nova's clean look.

What ROM would you be using the kernel with (this is a kernel thread not a ROM one). I can't imagine any ROM or kernel for that matter having an impact on limiting what custom launcher you use so my gut tells me it shouldn't matter.

As for the s-pen apps, those are a function of the ROM you choose so if you take this kernel and apply it to a stock rooted device without flashing a custom ROM then you shouldn't have any loss in functionality. If you take Civato's custom ROM (in his other thread) then there may be some tweaks to the applications/features included in the ROM. In general though with a Note device if one wants to retain the features associated with the S-Pen the best thing to do is stick with a Touchwiz based ROM since typically the developer will not delete such features (though they may try to incorporate new ones from newer devices).

shonkin

Oct 15, 2012
What ROM would you be using the kernel with (this is a kernel thread not a ROM one). I can't imagine any ROM or kernel for that matter having an impact on limiting what custom launcher you use so my gut tells me it shouldn't matter.

As for the s-pen apps, those are a function of the ROM you choose so if you take this kernel and apply it to a stock rooted device without flashing a custom ROM then you shouldn't have any loss in functionality. If you take Civato's custom ROM (in his other thread) then there may be some tweaks to the applications/features included in the ROM. In general though with a Note device if one wants to retain the features associated with the S-Pen the best thing to do is stick with a Touchwiz based ROM since typically the developer will not delete such features (though they may try to incorporate new ones from newer devices).
The CivZ Lollipop Rom, rev. 2.7. And thank you for clarifying that.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

n00n00

Oct 3, 2011
Unabe to download kenel. After I click on starst download and it searches for mirrors, it say "no mirrors found".

Update: dload works now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based on Samsung Official source​

Thanks to UpInThAir for his work on the S tablet. Most of his stuff is ported from his git.
    I changed some stuff to make it work on our Tablet and I added some stuff.

Stock lollipop kernel

KERNEL FEATURES source.

Install with custom recovery

• [*]KNOX removed (container service, SecureStorage)
      [*]SELINUX protection included but set at Permissive = No problems wit apps like Paragon and Titainium. and Viper4Android.
      When you want to use Viper4Android you must block/disable the Samsung default player and block/disable the SoundAlive app
      [*]INIT.D Support
      [*]ARCH controllable
      [*]SPen BOOSTER CONTROL @ bonuzzz
      [*]INTERNAL & MEMORY VOLTAGE CONTROL @ Andreilux & halaszk
      [*]MEMORY Frequency up to 933MHz
      [*]OVERCLOCKING & VOLTAGE CONTROL CPU & GPU @ Andreilux & halaszk (CPU:200MHz up to 21000MHz / GPU: up to 677MHz)
      [*]BFQ SCHEDULER ADDED
      [*]WOLFSON DAC SOUND CONTROL ( Speaker and Headphone equalizer) @ Andreilux & oloendithias
      [*]DYNAMIC READ AHEAD
      [*]SAMSUNG DYNAMIC HOTPLUG CONTROL @ oloendithias
      [*]EXTRA TCP WIFI CONNECTION OPTIONS
      [*]SCREEN mDnie control @ Andreilux & Xluco
      [*]NTFS READ WRITE SUPPORT (with paragon)
      [*]WQ_POWER_EFFICIENT
      [*]COMPILED WITH GCC 4.8 Google
      [*]Frandom
      [*]GPU Qos control, added control in synapse @ UpInTheAir
      Extra Driver (device) support compared to the default kernel
      [*]HID_LOGITECH/LOGIRUMBLEPAD2/LOGIWHEELS/HID_WIIMOTE/HID_WIIMOTE_EXT/XBOX_PAD/............
      [*]USB_DUN_SUPPORT
      [*]USB_OTG
      [*]CIFS
      [*]FULL CONTROL WITH SYNAPSE APP (Thanks to Andreilux for the app and UpInTheAir for most of the layout)
      Some screens of the Synapse:
      Screenshot_2014-10-24-16-49-49_zps9897e7ae.png

Screenshot_2014-10-24-16-50-09_zps46e68001.png

Screenshot_2014-10-24-16-50-17_zpse3045023.png

[*]etc.........

Changelog KERNEL:

16/07/2015 Rev1.1 Released

16/07/2015 Rev1.2 Released
    • Update GPU mif /int
    Rev1.5 Released 03/sept/2015
    • Frandom added
    • Crypto Neon support added
    • L2TP support activated in the kernel
    • Compiled on GCC 4.8 Linaro
    • Writeback support added for smoothness
    • etc.........

Rev1.6 Released 05/sept/2015
    Not released as this was tester.

Rev1.7 Released 05/sept/2015
    • Clean start from Latest Samsung source
    • Aim is stability
    • Powersuspend, Dynamic Fsync and DynamicWriteback removed as they are experimental.
    • Switched back to the stable GCC 4.7.4 Linaro
    • VPN bug fixed (tested myself with different VPN providers in system settings of the rom and not a app from the Playstore)
    • etc.........

Rev1.8 Released 07/sept/2015
    • Changed some GPU settings for the flickering problem on High CPU load and low battery.
    • SWAP READAHEAD
    • ZSWAP WRITEBACK
    • WQ_POWER_EFFICIENT
    • COMPILED WITH GCC 4.8 Google
    • BRIDGE_NETFILTER
    • L2TP_V3 & L2TP_IP & L2TP_ETH & PPPOL2TP
    • CAIF & CAIF_USB
    • USB_NET_DM9601
    • DVB_CORE & DVB_NET &DVB_CAPTURE_DRIVERS DVB_STB0899/DVB_STB6100/DVB_STV090x/DVB_STV6110x/..............
    • HID_PID & USB_HIDDEV
    • HID_LOGITECH/LOGIRUMBLEPAD2/LOGIWHEELS/HID_WIIMOTE/HID_WIIMOTE_EXT/XBOX_PAD/............
    • USB_ACM
    • USB_WDM
    • USB_STORAGE_REALTEK
    • USB_DUN_SUPPORT
    • USB_OTG
    • USB_MICROTEK
    • MEMSTICK_SONY
    • CIFS
    • HFS_FS
    • HFSPLUS_FS
    • BFS_FS
    • UFS_FS
    • etc.........

• Updated to H4 source & ramdisk
    • Reverted memory control

XDA:DevDB Information
    CivZ_P900_Lollipop Kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Contributors
    civato
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Rev1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-07-16
    Current Beta Version: Rev1.0

Created 2015-07-16
    Last Updated 2015-10-22

• Changed some GPU settings for the flickering problem on High CPU load and low battery.
    • SWAP READAHEAD
    • ZSWAP WRITEBACK
    • WQ_POWER_EFFICIENT
    • COMPILED WITH GCC 4.8 Google
    • BRIDGE_NETFILTER
    • L2TP_V3 & L2TP_IP & L2TP_ETH & PPPOL2TP
    • CAIF & CAIF_USB
    • USB_NET_DM9601
    • DVB_CORE & DVB_NET &DVB_CAPTURE_DRIVERS DVB_STB0899/DVB_STB6100/DVB_STV090x/DVB_STV6110x/..............
    • HID_PID & USB_HIDDEV
    • HID_LOGITECH/LOGIRUMBLEPAD2/LOGIWHEELS/HID_WIIMOTE/HID_WIIMOTE_EXT/XBOX_PAD/............
    • USB_ACM
    • USB_WDM
    • USB_STORAGE_REALTEK
    • USB_DUN_SUPPORT
    • USB_OTG
    • USB_MICROTEK
    • MEMSTICK_SONY
    • CIFS
    • HFS_FS
    • HFSPLUS_FS
    • BFS_FS
    • UFS_FS
    • etc.........
    Love the rom... however I get a "No UCI support detected" message when synapse starts up
    Thanks again for your hard work!!!

The rom @civato made does not come with this kernel. You will not be able to use Synapse until you flash this kernel.
    Civato,

Thanks for this great kernel and hard work! Installed on my rooted P900 and works so far great. AND it fixes the BT issue with the Logitech keyboard.
    Rev1.7 Released 05/sept/2015
    • Clean start from Latest Samsung source
    • Aim is stability
    • Powersuspend, Dynamic Fsync and DynamicWriteback removed as they are experimental.
    • Switched back to the stable GCC 4.7.4 Linaro
    • VPN bug fixed (tested myself with different VPN providers in system settings of the rom)
    • etc.........