FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0.0] LineageOS 16.0 [ALPHA][05.05.2019]

271 posts
Thanks Meter: 201

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from lee.wp14: PIE is now on N7000!
Code:
/*
 * Your (probably expired) warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

LineageOS 16.0 for Samsung Note N7000
Beware, you are about to enter a dangerous zone!

I M P O R T A N T
This is an unofficial Pie build for the Galaxy Note (N7000) based on LineageOS 16.0 (Android 9.0.0)
Read the sections below carefully to understand the status of this ROM and how to prepare your device for installation.

F O R E W O R D
After so many years, n7000 is still my favorite phone, mainly due to its display specifications. I attempted to build pie for n7000 last year but failed. I'm going to study college soon, when packing my stuffs I saw the abandoned n7000, thus decided to try build for n7000 again and turned out successful! As this is still in alpha stage, there are quite a number of problems so please take note before you decided to install this ROM! It is still highly not recommended to use this ROM for daily use at the time being.

P R E R E Q U I S I T E
This part is very important, please pay attention.
Starting from pie, (at least) for galaxys2 family devices, we have migrated to emulated storage. Which means, we no longer use a physical internal sdcard partition, we use emulated internal sdcard instead which is part of /data. This move is to fix problems related to storage on pie.
And also, we need at least 1.5GB of /system due to increasing size of system files. This is important! Without a 1.5GB system partition you won't be able to flash my zip, the install script will fail!
To prepare your device for pie builds, you need to repartition your n7000 and flash a emulated storage compatible recovery.
0. Backup your filesssss! Your data(s) will be wiped throughout the process!
1. Make sure you have at least a working TWRP 3.x IsoRec on your device. If no, proceed to bauner's LOS13.0 thread for installation steps. This is important, you must have a working IsoRec recovery!
2. Flash this recovery by rINanDO: TWRP-3.1.0-EMU-MIGRATION-M-20170318-noassert.zip (under directory n7000/misc/recovery)
3. Reboot recovery. You will notice that in TWRP, your phone will now show as a i9100 MTP device on your computer. This is correct, we are using an emulated storage compatible recovery from i9100 because we don't have one for n7000. This is totally fine, i9100 is identical to n7000 in terms of storage, so we can share the same recovery.
4. Flash this repartition script (push to /tmp or flash from your external sdcard): lanchon-repit-20170115-system=1.5G+wipe-data=max+wipe-sdcard=min+wipe-preload=min+wipe-i9100.zip (under directory n7000/misc/partitioning)
5. Wipe the following options:
- Dalvik / ART cache
- data
- cache
- system
- Internal Storage
- preload
- Non-emulated storage
6. Delete /data/system/storage.xml via Advanced->File Manager (if exists)
7. Your device is now emulated storage capable. Proceed to flashing~ (continue Installation below)
8. If you want to revert back to non-emulated storage, just repit back by renaming the repartition script file:
lanchon-repit-20170115-system=1.5G+wipe-data=max+wipe-sdcard=7.2G+wipe-i9100.zip

I N S T A L L A T I O N
0-0. (Clean install) Wipe the following options:
- system
- data
- cache
0-1. Format /data and /cache to F2FS if desired.
1. Flash ROM zip from external sdcard or sideload
2. Flash GAPPS if desired.
3. Make a cup of coffee or tea. Preferably accompanied with some macarons and light music.
4. Get yourself in a comfortable chair. Touch the Reboot button and relax.

R E P O R T - B U G S
When reporting problems, please produce log below as follows right after the problem has occured.
(using adb or terminal)
Code:
su
cat /proc/kmsg > /sdcard/kmsg.txt
and attach in this thread.
Due to our IsoRec recovery, last_kmsg won't persist across reboots. Please perform the above steps before rebooting.

C R E D I T S
First of all, I did like to thank @ChronoMonochrome for his guidance, assistance and patches, which makes this ROM possible
Thanks to @rINanDO for galaxys2-common/smdk4210 sources and patches, @bauner for n7000 device tree and sources, and also all other Exynos4, LineageOS developers.
And yes, thanks to Microsoft for sponsoring me to using their azure services It's always good to be a student :3

S O U R C E
Manifests: lineage-16.0

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000

Contributors
lee.wp14
Source Code: https://github.com/leewp14/local_man...e/lineage-16.0

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.x (Emulated Storage Compatible)
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-05-06
Last Updated 2019-05-05
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lee.wp14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lee.wp14 Ad-Free

6th May 2019, 03:10 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Penang

More
L A T E S T - R E L E A S E
lineage-16.0-20190505-UNOFFICIAL-n7000-noassert.zip
kernel-g3edd542cc59532e6bba8d96cda935fdd5c24b0b6

W O R K I N G
- Boot
- WiFi (small possibility of connectivity problems?)
- Bluetooth (not discoverable?)
- Suspend (Deepsleep/Doze)
- USB (MTP/OTG)
- Camera (Still/Video/Flash)
- Audio (Playback/Recording)
- Sensors (Light/Proximity/Rotation)
- Graphics (HW/SW)

N O T - W O R K I N G
- RIL (everything related to your SIM card)
- GPS (everything related to your location)
- Alarm (FIX - SO FAR TESTED OK: Install GoogleClock from APKMirror and disable battery optimization)
- No working prebuilt recovery- prebuilt CWM/lineage-recovery is not working well
- Torch (camera flash) 10seconds wakelock issue (fix implemented and tested ok, will be included in next release)

D O W N L O A D
Google Drive (under directory n7000/lineage)

S C R E E N S H O T
Attached...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190507-183051_Trebuchet.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	4755011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190507-183106_Trebuchet.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	4755012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190507-183116_Trebuchet.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	4755013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190507-183135_Files.png
Views:	214
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	4755014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190507-183149_Settings.png
Views:	218
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	4755015   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190507-183204_Settings.png
Views:	212
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	4755016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190507-183451_Camera.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	4755017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190507-183558_Trebuchet.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	4755018  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lee.wp14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lee.wp14 Ad-Free
6th May 2019, 03:10 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Penang

More
CHANGELOG
- Initial build
- Exclude RIL and GPS blobs due to non-working RIL and GPS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lee.wp14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lee.wp14 Ad-Free
14th May 2019, 08:19 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello,
We will have Android Pie on N7000 !!!!
Great and thank you !!!
I will buy a new battery for my Note I think.
14th May 2019, 04:27 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 679

More
Oh my god!
Got my N7000 out of the closet and charging it right now! Gonna flash this right away!

Thank you, @lee.wp14
15th May 2019, 01:48 PM |#6  

More
@lee.wp14, it works! It actually works great!

I am not having any connectivity problems with WiFi and bluetooth detection seems to be working fine.

I just have one question, when in TWRP, I can see two partitions, Emulated Storage and Non Emulated Storage.
But once in Android, I can only see Emulated Storage, the Non Emulated Storage seems to be completely missing. Any way I can fix that? Or better, merge both the partitions (not sure if that would though)?
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
15th May 2019, 05:30 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Penang

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

@lee.wp14, it works! It actually works great!
I am not having any connectivity problems with WiFi and bluetooth detection seems to be working fine.
I just have one question, when in TWRP, I can see two partitions, Emulated Storage and Non Emulated Storage.
But once in Android, I can only see Emulated Storage, the Non Emulated Storage seems to be completely missing. Any way I can fix that? Or better, merge both the partitions (not sure if that would though)?

Non-Emulated storage is not mounted in android, so it won't appear (this is a expected behaviour). I'm not sure if we can actually have 3 storage at once. With repit script we can't delete partitions thus with the sdcard=min parameter the sdcard will be resized to a minimum of ~7mb, and this partition is being removed from the fstab in kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to lee.wp14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lee.wp14 Ad-Free
16th May 2019, 04:11 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee.wp14

Non-Emulated storage is not mounted in android, so it won't appear (this is a expected behaviour). I'm not sure if we can actually have 3 storage at once. With repit script we can't delete partitions thus with the sdcard=min parameter the sdcard will be resized to a minimum of ~7mb, and this partition is being removed from the fstab in kernel.

I see, thank you for this information.
I will try repartitioning in the next build.

Right now, the ROM is working great!
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom, lineage, n7000, pie, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)