/* * Your (probably expired) warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
LineageOS 16.0 for Samsung Note N7000
Beware, you are about to enter a dangerous zone!
I M P O R T A N T
This is an unofficial Pie build for the Galaxy Note (N7000) based on LineageOS 16.0 (Android 9.0.0)
Read the sections below carefully to understand the status of this ROM and how to prepare your device for installation.
F O R E W O R D
After so many years, n7000 is still my favorite phone, mainly due to its display specifications. I attempted to build pie for n7000 last year but failed. I'm going to study college soon, when packing my stuffs I saw the abandoned n7000, thus decided to try build for n7000 again and turned out successful! As this is still in alpha stage, there are quite a number of problems so please take note before you decided to install this ROM! It is still highly not recommended to use this ROM for daily use at the time being.
P R E R E Q U I S I T E
This part is very important, please pay attention.
Starting from pie, (at least) for galaxys2 family devices, we have migrated to emulated storage. Which means, we no longer use a physical internal sdcard partition, we use emulated internal sdcard instead which is part of /data. This move is to fix problems related to storage on pie.
And also, we need at least 1.5GB of /system due to increasing size of system files. This is important! Without a 1.5GB system partition you won't be able to flash my zip, the install script will fail!
To prepare your device for pie builds, you need to repartition your n7000 and flash a emulated storage compatible recovery.
0. Backup your filesssss! Your data(s) will be wiped throughout the process!
1. Make sure you have at least a working TWRP 3.x IsoRec on your device. If no, proceed to bauner's LOS13.0 thread for installation steps. This is important, you must have a working IsoRec recovery!
2. Flash this recovery by rINanDO: TWRP-3.1.0-EMU-MIGRATION-M-20170318-noassert.zip (under directory n7000/misc/recovery)
3. Reboot recovery. You will notice that in TWRP, your phone will now show as a i9100 MTP device on your computer. This is correct, we are using an emulated storage compatible recovery from i9100 because we don't have one for n7000. This is totally fine, i9100 is identical to n7000 in terms of storage, so we can share the same recovery.
4. Flash this repartition script (push to /tmp or flash from your external sdcard): lanchon-repit-20170115-system=1.5G+wipe-data=max+wipe-sdcard=min+wipe-preload=min+wipe-i9100.zip (under directory n7000/misc/partitioning)
5. Wipe the following options:
- Dalvik / ART cache
- Internal Storage
- Non-emulated storage
6. Delete /data/system/storage.xml via Advanced->File Manager (if exists)
7. Your device is now emulated storage capable. Proceed to flashing~ (continue Installation below)
8. If you want to revert back to non-emulated storage, just repit back by renaming the repartition script file:
I N S T A L L A T I O N
0-0. (Clean install) Wipe the following options:
0-1. Format /data and /cache to F2FS if desired.
1. Flash ROM zip from external sdcard or sideload
2. Flash GAPPS if desired.
3. Make a cup of coffee or tea. Preferably accompanied with some macarons and light music.
4. Get yourself in a comfortable chair. Touch the Reboot button and relax.
R E P O R T - B U G S
When reporting problems, please produce log below as follows right after the problem has occured.
(using adb or terminal)
su cat /proc/kmsg > /sdcard/kmsg.txt
Due to our IsoRec recovery, last_kmsg won't persist across reboots. Please perform the above steps before rebooting.
C R E D I T S
First of all, I did like to thank @ChronoMonochrome for his guidance, assistance and patches, which makes this ROM possible
Thanks to @rINanDO for galaxys2-common/smdk4210 sources and patches, @bauner for n7000 device tree and sources, and also all other Exynos4, LineageOS developers.
And yes, thanks to Microsoft for sponsoring me to using their azure services It's always good to be a student :3
S O U R C E
LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Source Code: https://github.com/leewp14/local_man...e/lineage-16.0
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.x (Emulated Storage Compatible)
Based On: LineageOS
Last Updated 2019-05-05