This LineageOS 15.1 based ROM is in Beta state and not ready for all day usage.
The main functions are working but there will be bugs!
Use my Roms only if you are sure about the risks of flashing custom Roms/Kernel to your device. I'm not responsible for any damage caused by using one of my files.
Because of the Rom Size and the ART runtime since Android 5 all Apps will need more space. If you want to install the rom together with Gapps you need to repartition your internal storage.
You can find more informations in the Howto Install section.
* Updated los sources
* August security patches
* Fix mic-gain when multiple input streams are used
* Go settings without lowram flag set
* Acelerometer fixed
* Updated los sources
* April security patches
* First start wizard is working with installed gapps
* Youtube is working
* Added power profile settings
* Video playback mostly working
* Whatsapp videocalls working
* First public release
Known Bugs Beta3:
* Installed gapps will cause a battery drain about 10%/h in standby
A part of the battery drain is caused by Wifi scanning which keeps Wifi always active.
Turn Wi-Fi Scanning off here: Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Location -> Scanning ->Wi-Fi scanning
This will reduce the battery drain but still something other (Ril?) is draining the battery too.
* If you get asked to instal/fix root/supersu in the recovery select no!
* Usb dialog not working. you can enable mtp mode in the developer settings
* Adoptable storage is not working (don't format your sdcard as internal!)
* Because of the rom size you need to repartition your /system and /data partition if you want to install gapps
How to Install:
If you are running a custom Kitkat(4.4) or newer Rom:
2. Boot into recovery
3. Factory Reset + Format the /system partition
4. Flash the Rom zip file (without gapps in this step)
5. Flash recovery-twrp3.1.0-build2-isorec-n7000.zip
6. Reboot the recovery to enter the twrp isorec recovery
7. Flash lanchon-repit-20170115-system=1536M+keep-data=6G+keep-sdcard=max+keep-preload=same+keep-n7000.zip (Read the instructions in How to repartition your device!)
8. Flash gapps
The steps to install it from an stock samsung rom are:
1.flash N7000ZSLR1_N7000OZSLR1_BRI (or any other other 4.1.2) stock rom using odin
2.Copy Rom + Google Apps + recovery-twrp3.1.0-build2-isorec-n7000.zip + lanchon-repit-20170115-system=1536M+keep-data=6G+keep-sdcard=max+keep-preload=same+keep-n7000.zip to your external sdcard
3.flash PhilZ-cwm6-XXLT6-XSA-5.06.1.tar.md5 (https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120702299) to get cwm recovery with odin
4. boot into recovery
5. flash this kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=20863 to get an updated recovery
(this step will make your old rom unbootable stuck in the n7000 screen but you can boot into recovery with press and hold "home" and "volume+" buttons and power on your phone)
6. you need to reboot! your device now to recovery
7. you are now in the updated recovery and you need to do a factory reset + format the /system partition
8. Flash the Rom zip file (without gapps in this step)
9. Flash recovery-twrp3.1.0-build2-isorec-n7000.zip
10. Reboot the recovery to enter the twrp isorec recovery
11. Flash lanchon-repit-20170115-system=1536M+keep-data=6G+keep-sdcard=max+keep-preload=same+keep-n7000.zip (Read the instructions in How to repartition your device!)
12. Flash gapps
Updating If you are running an earlier NightOwl LineageOS 15.1 alpha version:
2. Boot into recovery
3. Flash recovery-twrp3.1.0-build2-isorec-n7000.zip
4. Reboot the recovery to enter the twrp isorec recovery
5. Flash lanchon-repit-20170115-system=1536M+keep-data=6G+keep-sdcard=max+keep-preload=same+keep-n7000.zip (Read the instructions in How to repartition your device!)
6. Flash the Rom zip file
7. wipe dalvik cache
How to repartition your device:
My example repit file (in the Downlodas section) will also enlarge the /data partition because the default size is to small for android 5+ if you want to install some apps.
Lanchon has made a tool which makes it possible to repartition your device in the recovery without loosing your data
You need to have a working TWRP Recovery (CWM and Philz will not work)!
Make sure that you have at least 5GB free space on your internal sdcard0 before you start!
Make sure that your battery is charged and connect your device to the charger because repartitioning can take some time!
Installing the repit zip from the sdcard will fail the first time (because the sdcard is in use and can't unmounted) but the file gets copied to /tmp in this step.
After this select the repit zip to install from /tmp again and it should work
How to enable root:
2. Go to Settings-Developer options-Root access and set it to Apps and ADB
Don't install supersu (it will give you a boot loop!)
LineageOS 15.1 Beta3:
Google Apps for lineage 15.1 (Use only after you have repartitioned your device! Suggested versions: micro, nano or pico):
Recovery flashable TWRP 3.1.0-0 build2 recovery (IsoRec)
LineageOS 15.1 Beta2:
LineageOS 15.1 Beta1:
LineageOS 15.1 Alpha1:
A big THX to:
rINanDO (Many parts in this Rom are based on his work for the i9100)
[ROM][LineageOS15.1][Oreo][Android 8.1.0] NightOwl Beta3, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Source Code: https://github.com/bauner
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: Kitkat(4.4) or newer compatible custom recovery
Based On: LineageOS
Status: No Longer Updated
Current Beta Version: Beta3
Beta Release Date: 2018-08-12
Last Updated 2019-03-07