Announcement from bauner: NightOwl LineageOS14.1 Android 7.1.2 20180824
20th April 2017, 12:08 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerwinSayat

You use new gapps package?

i used opengaps pico as i made on beta 5

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

i'm using also an old int.d script found here on xda many time ago . It works very very well also on this amazing rom .
To use you need the app Kernel Adiutor.
1/ In kernel adiutor scroll down to the intc section, tap add ( +) to add a new script
2/ remove the first line ( is a default line)
3/ paste inside the whole text file linked HERE
4/ TURN-ON the emulation of Int.d support on boot in Kernel Adiutor ( anyway the Bauner kernel should have the native intid support i think)
------------
HOW TO EDIT THE SCRIPT ACCORDING TO YOUR NEEDS
1/ search in the first section of the text the line USER_LAUNCHER="com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet"
2/ change the name on the launcher betweeen the quotation marks ( you need to mantain the quotation marks) with the name of your favorite launcher ( you can find the correct name of the launcher app in the folder Root/Data/Data) , in my case is : USER_LAUNCHER="com.teslacoilsw.launcher"
3/ scroll down in the section "Resident system apps " and find the line PNAME="$USER_LAUNCHER"; NICELEVEL=-18 and change the value to 20 ( 20 is the maximum priority you can assign to a process)
4/ make the same on other system line you want, but remember these are " prority values", so setting everything to value 20 means to set everything to the same prioryty ....that's zero changes
5/ in the section "Other system apps" to find lines like then PNAME="" and insert between quotation marks the name of you favorite app ( correct name of the app foundin the folder Root/data/data ...as we made before) , in example , in my case used UCBrowser, so : then PNAME="com.UCMobile.intl"; NICELEVEL=-20; if [ `pidof $PNAME` ]; then renice $NICELEVEL `pidof $PNAME`; PROCESS_16=1; P_CHECK=`expr $P_CHECK + 1`; fi; fi;
# if [ $PROCESS_17 -eq "0" ]

6/ save the script in Kernel Adiutor, then tap and execute the script.
7/ the app Kernel Adiutor will make a script in the folder Root/ETC/Int.d .. so you can make a backup of the script

You system should boost up a lot !
Remember do not set all to value 20, because when everything has the highest priority this means everything have 0 prioprity !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fwood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fwood Ad-Free

20th April 2017, 12:16 PM |#1002  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwood

installed right now through OTA, i'm watching nightowl boot animation from almost 7 minutes....should i be worry?
noting.... almost 30 min blocked on the boot animation. I'm trying again manually from recovery .
even from a manual installation.nothing changed, i'm returned on the beta 5.
fresh instal beta 6 ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzukk

same for me, got stuck in the nightowl logo

Which TWRP version do you use?
I had such a problem (on my S2) while using TWRP 2.8. After installing a new Lineage version I got stock in the boot-logo. Could be solved only be formatting the SYSTEM partition (no data loss), installing the Lineage OS and installing GApps. Then everything worked. Reproducible with updates over some weeks.
After updating to TWRP 3 all worked well.
20th April 2017, 12:20 PM |#1003  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaerchen

Which TWRP version do you use?
I had such a problem (on my S2) while using TWRP 2.8. After installing a new Lineage version I got stock in the boot-logo. Could be solved only be formatting the SYSTEM partition (no data loss), installing the Lineage OS and installing GApps. Then everything worked. Reproducible with updates over some weeks.
After updating to TWRP 3 all worked well.

i'm using the standard recovery coming with the rom.
and yes..i have formetted the system partition after a factory reset ( directly from recovery), then all gone fine !
The Following User Says Thank You to fwood For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fwood Ad-Free
20th April 2017, 12:44 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:

i used opengaps pico as i made on beta 5

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

i'm using also an old int.d script found here on xda many time ago . It works very very well also on this amazing rom .
To use you need the app Kernel Adiutor.
1/ In kernel adiutor scroll down to the intc section, tap add ( +) to add a new script
2/ remove the first line ( is a default line)
3/ paste inside the whole text file linked HERE
4/ TURN-ON the emulation of Int.d support on boot in Kernel Adiutor ( anyway the Bauner kernel should have the native intid support i think)
------------
HOW TO EDIT THE SCRIPT ACCORDING TO YOUR NEEDS
1/ search in the first section of the text the line USER_LAUNCHER="com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet"
2/ change the name on the launcher betweeen the quotation marks ( you need to mantain the quotation marks) with the name of your favorite launcher ( you can find the correct name of the launcher app in the folder Root/Data/Data) , in my case is : USER_LAUNCHER="com.teslacoilsw.launcher"
3/ scroll down in the section "Resident system apps " and find the line PNAME="$USER_LAUNCHER"; NICELEVEL=-18 and change the value to 20 ( 20 is the maximum priority you can assign to a process)
4/ make the same on other system line you want, but remember these are " prority values", so setting everything to value 20 means to set everything to the same prioryty ....that's zero changes
5/ in the section "Other system apps" to find lines like then PNAME="" and insert between quotation marks the name of you favorite app ( correct name of the app foundin the folder Root/data/data ...as we made before) , in example , in my case used UCBrowser, so : then PNAME="com.UCMobile.intl"; NICELEVEL=-20; if [ `pidof $PNAME` ]; then renice $NICELEVEL `pidof $PNAME`; PROCESS_16=1; P_CHECK=`expr $P_CHECK + 1`; fi; fi;
# if [ $PROCESS_17 -eq "0" ]

6/ save the script in Kernel Adiutor, then tap and execute the script.
7/ the app Kernel Adiutor will make a script in the folder Root/ETC/Int.d .. so you can make a backup of the script

You system should boost up a lot !
Remember do not set all to value 20, because when everything has the highest priority this means everything have 0 prioprity !

Sorry, but whats int.d script are for? The installation?
20th April 2017, 01:20 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

installed right now through OTA, i'm watching nightowl boot animation from almost 7 minutes....should i be worry?
noting.... almost 30 min blocked on the boot animation. I'm trying again manually from recovery .
even from a manual installation.nothing changed, i'm returned on the beta 5.
-----------------
fresh instal beta 6 ok.

Dirty flash no probs, nothing more to do.
20th April 2017, 01:35 PM |#1006  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Near N├╝rnberg
Thanks Meter: 10,409

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No it is not needed for the installation.
It is tweaking script to modify the cpu priority of some apps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bauner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bauner Ad-Free
20th April 2017, 01:38 PM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauner

No it is not needed for the installation.
It is tweaking script to modify the cpu priority of some apps

I see thanks. Dirty flash the rom and new gapps, all good now. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
20th April 2017, 02:59 PM |#1008  
Flag Leiria
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Just dirty flashed the rom and a new set of gapps and I have no problems. Thanks @bauner.
20th April 2017, 03:42 PM |#1009  

More
Quote:

int.d are processes that the kernel execute immediately after bootstrap.
20th April 2017, 05:42 PM |#1010  
Flag Fortaleza
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Did a clean install with the zip downloaded from here and with the newest gapps zip and got beta 6 running
20th April 2017, 10:36 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)