Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from bauner: NightOwl LineageOS14.1 Android 7.1.2 20180824
2nd October 2016, 10:13 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 309

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidex46x

Thanks a lot for the heads up ☺

You're welcome. That is it about forums, we're all learning. Once, not so long ago, I didn't know didly about Android and Phones as well. I learned a lot and much more, by reading and testing. And those acronyms they are old time favorites in the computer world. People Can't Memorize Computer Industries Acronyms... So RIL is just one of them... Nothing changes, really...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prinus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Prinus Ad-Free

3rd October 2016, 02:46 AM |#102  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinus

You're welcome. That is it about forums, we're all learning. Once, not so long ago, I didn't know didly about Android and Phones as well. I learned a lot and much more, by reading and testing. And those acronyms they are old time favorites in the computer world. People Can't Memorize Computer Industries Acronyms... So RIL is just one of them... Nothing changes, really...

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. 😊 I have a genuine passion for phones and technology in general, but as you can probably tell I'm still learning. Have to say there's plenty of helpful guys here on the forum who you can learn from and for that I'm very grateful. You guys rock 🙂 As for the computer jargon it makes things sounds cooler I guess. Hehe

Cheers mate and thank you for your help once again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davidex46x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davidex46x Ad-Free
3rd October 2016, 07:58 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thank you very much, and I love my GT N7000 ^^
5th October 2016, 01:52 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 527

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauner

I have sent it to a jtag service today. It will take a few days till I get it back.

Brother.. What happened to your phone? How did you brick it
I hope you've gotten it back now. We would all need to abandon our phones if your phone gets away from you
notauseranymore
5th October 2016, 02:00 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannibalLecter

I hope you've gotten it back now. We would all need to abandon our phones if your phone gets away from you

Naw, I think the CM11 and CM12.1 is competent enough to be a daily driver already without the need for updates. I'm pretty sure all that's needed are security updates, which isn't that necessary.
5th October 2016, 08:03 PM |#106  
Flag Home
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Unfortunately Youtube does only play the sound, but not the video😕 And if I press fast the power key several times it soft reboots. Should I provide any logs?
But overall I was very suprised that this cm14 rom works so well on an exynos device!
Good work @bauner!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk
5th October 2016, 09:34 PM |#107  

More
[ROM][CM14][Nougat][Android 7.0] NightOwl Alpha 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by justgamer01

Unfortunately Youtube does only play the sound, but not the video And if I press fast the power key several times it soft reboots. Should I provide any logs?
But overall I was very suprised that this cm14 rom works so well on an exynos device!
Good work @bauner!

Yep. I can confirm both issues. Which is weird I tested YouTube with ChromeCast and that combo is doing fine. But YT with playback on the Phone is just sound and no image.
Just 2 times pressing the powerbutton is enough to get a soft reboot.
Tested Titanium BackUp, was able to restore apps+data. So I think it is working...TB is warming about the Root access (advising to use SuperSU) but operating with built-in root.
Restored ASN Bankieren (a dutch banking app), Spotify and Sygic using TB, all worked OK.
Tested OpenCamera again, seems to be saving to sdcard0, which I can not reach using File Manager. So Gallery is also not able to display taken pictures. I can not set OpenCamera to save to sdcard1. Toast error saying "Can't write to this folder'. Permissions to use storage are set for this app...

Sent from my lazy chair using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prinus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Prinus Ad-Free
6th October 2016, 02:50 PM |#108  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Near Nürnberg
Thanks Meter: 10,409

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannibalLecter

I bricked it while flashing a kernel from the terminal with dd.
I did an mistake and flashed it to the wrong partition.
Now it is fixed and I got it back yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumQueen92

Naw, I think the CM11 and CM12.1 is competent enough to be a daily driver already without the need for updates. I'm pretty sure all that's needed are security updates, which isn't that necessary.

I think also cm13 is working good enough as a daily driver.
For cm12.1 and cm13 I will provide updates with the security patches and maybe some smaller changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgamer01

Unfortunately Youtube does only play the sound, but not the video😕 And if I press fast the power key several times it soft reboots. Should I provide any logs?
Good work @bauner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinus

Yep. I can confirm both issues. Which is weird I tested YouTube with ChromeCast and that combo is doing fine. But YT with playback on the Phone is just sound and no image.
Just 2 times pressing the powerbutton is enough to get a soft reboot.
Tested Titanium BackUp, was able to restore apps+data. So I think it is working...TB is warming about the Root access (advising to use SuperSU) but operating with built-in root.
Restored ASN Bankieren (a dutch banking app), Spotify and Sygic using TB, all worked OK.
Tested OpenCamera again, seems to be saving to sdcard0, which I can not reach using File Manager. So Gallery is also not able to display taken pictures. I can not set OpenCamera to save to sdcard1. Toast error saying "Can't write to this folder'. Permissions to use storage are set for this app...

The video problem should be fixed in the next version.
The sdcard0 problem also needs some work because we don't use an emulated internal storage which would be the android default
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bauner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bauner Ad-Free
8th October 2016, 12:24 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauner

Now it is fixed and I got it back yesterday.

8th October 2016, 04:04 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
YouTube app - black screen while watching video
8th October 2016, 04:32 PM |#111  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolPar

YouTube app - black screen while watching video

As explained two posts above...

The Following User Says Thank You to Prinus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Prinus Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)