FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Turn SGS I9000 into radio/spotify clock?

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Stasheck, Member on 9th January 2019, 03:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I've got an old i9000 lying around, and want to make use of it. I want a replacement for an old radio clock in my bathroom, with following features:
1. display time (duh!) in large letter
2. ability to only turn screen on when there is ambient light would be great! (to save OLED display)
3. connect to wired speaker
4. use FM radio
5. act as Spotify client (preferably for multiple accounts)

Can I get some advice what software to use? (especially (2), I can't find anything...)

14th May 2019, 07:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Also interested in this, I use a i9000 with latest slimkat 4.4.4 as my gym phone, Workit and Youtube music are only apps I use and bluetooth for headphones. Since I installed youtube music its been ultra laggy and will kill either app at any time, presumably due to RAM usage.

I don't remember the phone being this laggy when I used it years ago, although I do remember it being a lot more laggy when I upgraded from stock gingerbread to kitkat.

PostmarketOS semi-supports the i9000, also I see official support was added to the Linux Kernel recently, not sure if that helps matters making a new android rom for non-telephone use (or Linux distro that runs android apps)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)