Device keeps rebooting

Search This thread

flds4

Dec 4, 2015
Hi,
Device is Galaxy S GT-i9000m
Version: 2.3.3
Type: Gingerbread
Sorry, I am unable to give any more details as I cannot get into the device. I messed it.
I need help in fixing my dear device. I goofed up big time.
WILL I BE ABLE TO FIX MY DEVICE? HELP PLEASE
I wanted to unlock the device, I understood it needed to be rooted prior to unlock. This is what I did.
I used the 3 botton and got the download screen on the device. Opened Odin 3 software. Connected the device to PC. Seen a yellow highlighted cell with COM #. Clicked on PDA and loaded this file “CF-Root-XW_OXX_JV1-v1.3-BusyBox-1.17.1_NO-CWM.tar”, Auto Reboot was only checked. Clicked on Start, within 10 seconds it gave me a green cell as PASS. (Is this called flushing) I disconnected the device from the PC. After this the device was rebooting all the time over and over. I was frustrated.
I then used the 3 button to do factory reset, deleted all data, this I did atleast 3 times. Nothing happened still rebooting all the time. Again frustrated.
I then downloaded this file “FixRecovery.tar” it was doing nothing for 5 mins. I disconnected the USB from the PC. After that I got the Phone icon + yellow exclamation + Computer icon showing on the device.
Now the device is not recognized by Odin3. I need to get to the downloading screen through the USB Jig, which I have ordered and on the way. I have also ordered the wall mounting charger to give a full charge to the battery.
I need to fix my device. How should I do this? What files do I need? Where do I have to download the files? Is there a step by step instruction to fix my device, this was a gift and I do not want to part with it. I am not technical.
I would very, very, very much appreciate, if I get someone’s help fixing this device.
Thank you, anxiously waiting for help.
FLDS