FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GER/ENG] "Revive" I9000 with dead EMMC beyond Android 2.3.7?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By BCLK, Junior Member on 10th May 2019, 10:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,

dunno if I have to write english or german here, feel welcomed to answer in your prefered languages. The more opinions, the better!

I used rooted XXJVT (DBT) for a very long time but by time it went laggy AF.
Now I decided not only to reset the phone to make it work lagfree again but also flash Android KitKat via CWM.

The biggest problem I encountered: my eMMC died a few years ago, so I was forced to run the phone via microSD (had to scratch the chip off the mainboard to make it accept the microSD when flashing) and exchange the vold.fstab to make the phone use the microSD as internal storage. That way, it worked again. Until now.
Since the WhatsApp Services don't let any 2.3.7 and older OS verify their Account anymore (but those who were already verified can keep WhatsApp until Feb 2020) + I can't flash Custom Roms via CWM ("Waiting for SD-Card to mount" counting down from 20 to 0, then restart and same screen again, looped) probably because of the dead (no more existent) eMMC Chip, i guess the only way to make my phone work WITH WhatsApp again would be find a rom above 2.3.7 that I can flash via Odin..
Otherwise I guess I can shred my phone because it is restricted to SMS/Calls from now Q_Q

Now I need your help: Is there any possibility that I don't know yet? Any ROM out there that I could flash via Odin, dodging the "flash via CWM" way that doesn't seem to work for me (atleast, since my eMMC is dead, I don't know how could make it go past this "Waiting for SD-Card to mount" ****?

Greetings,
A desperate Android User^^

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)