FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] [KERNEL] Semaphore JB 3.3.0 / KK 3.4.3

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 20th October 2014, 04:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for [KERNEL] Semaphore JB 3.3.0 / KK 3.4.3

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

20th October 2014, 04:23 AM |#2  
Flag Ahvaz
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can i use 's' version with CM11 rom?
5th January 2015, 12:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
forgive me a question: what are the advantages of this version(the one with linare 4.9.3) over the standard semaphore?
25th January 2015, 01:27 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Q&A
Is this kernel updated?
28th January 2015, 09:41 PM |#5  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,315

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonmy

Is this kernel updated?

Which kernel version do you mean?
JB development is finished, so 3.3.0 is final. Follow the main thread to get KK kernel updated with the latest Linaro toolchain. Stratosk has dropped the support, but iyahman is doing that.

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo
8th February 2015, 02:20 PM |#6  

More
Dear Community.
On my I9000 I'm running Cyanogen 10.2.1 bundled with Semaphore kernel 3.3.0. AFAIK for this kernel there has been implemented script to OC it up to 1300Mhz. The scale ends on 1200Mhz. Am I missing something?
15th February 2015, 03:51 PM |#7  

More
BUMP.

I'm running Cyanogen 10.2.1 bundled with Semaphore kernel 3.3.0. AFAIK there has been implemented script to OC it up to 1200/1300Mhz. yet the scale ends on 1200Mhz. Am I missing something?
15th February 2015, 04:11 PM |#8  
Flag Lucerne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaneq

BUMP.

I'm running Cyanogen 10.2.1 bundled with Semaphore kernel 3.3.0. AFAIK there has been implemented script to OC it up to 1200/1300Mhz. yet the scale ends on 1200Mhz. Am I missing something?

The i9000's old heart beats best without doping.
My every OC attempt has ended in SOD.
Many people report success, but probably minimal CPU frequence should also be raised to 200 MHz. It will probably heat the CPU and drain a lot more battery. IDK if performance will get much better.

15th February 2015, 04:37 PM |#9  

More
I believe appropriate voltage will stabilize the thing.
Honestly. I would not OC it if I would not have serious performance issues. Frankly, I'am seeking for some workaround as finding the main cause is unsucessful so far.
Accidentally got on this post. Will give a try reproducing the setup.
15th February 2015, 04:48 PM |#10  
Flag Lucerne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaneq

I believe appropriate voltage will stabilize the thing.
Honestly. I would not OC it if I would not have serious performance issues. Frankly, I'am seeking for some workaround as finding the main cause is unsucessful so far.
Accidentally got on this post. Will give a try reproducing the setup.

SlimBean 4.3.1 with stock Semaphore kernel is blasting fast without OC. It can easily be flashed over CM10.2, so consider maybe to create a nandroid backup and give it at least a try. Also battery life is better, it gets even a lot better for those who use TRDS mode.
If you don't like it, you can easily flash Sema 3.3.0, reboot recovery and restore your backup.

16th February 2015, 09:55 PM |#11  

More
Hey.
Thanks for the advise. Will likely give it a try. The main reason I still stick with this device is sound quality.. Shall I expect due to Semaphore Voodoo sound readiness? What is the stock music player app?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)