FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Samsung GT-I9000 soft or hard bricked

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By astorgus, Junior Member on 18th March 2019, 11:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello friends,
my wife had an elder Samsung Galaxy GT-I9000, bootloader unlocked, rooted, Common Slim-ROM,CWM-Recovery, I have a full backup. I wanted to clear all personal datas. Because I could not accomplish cleaning I tried to flash by CWM-Recovery an other ROM "cm-10.2.0-galaxysmtd.zip". This flash replaced obviously the CWM-Recovery with the Semaphore_2.7.4.tar kernel. From now on the trouble began. The new galaxysmtd-ROM had a few shortcommings and I tried to restore the backup of my old "Slim-ROM" with the new "Semaphore-kernel". This was the start of the trouble. From now on I ran into the following given status-quo. See also the attached pics.
- The phone does not boot into recovery mode but into download mode with the 3-button method or by using a JIG.
- The phone is recognized in Odin with <ID:0/004> Added!! on com4, but when I want to flash a recovery tar-file CWM Recovery v6.0.3.6.tar, or a stock-ROM JW6_JW2_JW1.tar, or the adequate pit-file s1_odin_20100512.pit, each try ends up with the message"succeed 0 / failed 1".
- In ADB it says: "error: device '(null)' not found". So the phone is not seen by ADB at all, allthough it is in "download-mode".
Can anybody help and explain to me, what happened and give me a step by step procedure, how to get out of this trouble and restore the phone, so I can get access to it at all and start over with a new factory flash. Thank you with kind regards

Johann (Hans) Ohlerth email: [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GT-I9000_bricked-data_pic_00.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	4726199   Click image for larger version

Name:	GT-I9000 bricked -!-_01.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	4726200   Click image for larger version

Name:	GT-I9000 bricked -!-_02.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	4726201   Click image for larger version

Name:	GT-I9000 bricked -!-_03.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	4726202  

18th March 2019, 03:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:

- The phone does not boot into recovery mode but into download mode with the 3-button method or by using a JIG.

There are 2 three-button-combinations on this phone:
Volume down & Home & Power ---> Download Mode
Volume up & Home & Power ---> Recovery Mode

Quote:

- The phone is recognized in Odin with <ID:0/004> Added!! on com4, but when I want to flash a recovery tar-file CWM Recovery v6.0.3.6.tar, or a stock-ROM JW6_JW2_JW1.tar, or the adequate pit-file s1_odin_20100512.pit, each try ends up with the message"succeed 0 / failed 1".

Are you sure that you have the Samsung drivers installed and that the phone is in download mode?

Quote:

- In ADB it says: "error: device '(null)' not found". So the phone is not seen by ADB at all, allthough it is in "download-mode".

This is normal, download mode is only used for flashing through Heimdall/Odin.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)