#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Please read: don't expect nightlies, I will only upload roms when there are major fixes or major kernel/device updates, please don't message me asking when the next build is...
Steps to install:
1. Best to do a full wipe of data, cache and system if you want to guarantee no weird issues
2. Install ROM zip, you will get a warning about partition size change of system if its the first time you flash, just flash it a second time to confirm the change, this will erase your data partition!
3. Install gapps from link
For youtube, I recommand using this apk: link
Its a bit old but works very well on our device and plays 720p videos with no issues. the new player from the app store is very slow and playback is very choppy, also no 720p playback.
- RIL (see small bug bellow)
- Camera (use third party such as open camera
- Internal SD
- Audio + vibrate
- USB storage (Make sure you disable debug mode when you use it since it causes issues mounting it sometimes)
- External Storage
- SELINUX (permissive for now until I add permissions but its low on my priority right now)
- Data doesn't connect every few boots for some reason, I fixed some code but it still seems to happen, although less frequently then before. if it happens, simply turn on airplane mode and then disable it again, data will work
- selinux is permissive, not sure if its worth investing time in getting it to enforced
Commited all the required commits for 6.0 + Coldwindofnowhere's overclocking commits since the device would run very slow with out them (thanks Coldwindofnowhere)
Credits: Coldwindofnowhere, Lysergic Acid, jeffervh, BetaTeam, OmniROM, CyanogenMod
Gapps: A-Gapps 6.0.1
Gapps: A-Gapps 6.0.1
New Gapps text file: Download
Root: enable it in developer options, no need to flash supersu
Device tree source: https://github.com/lollipopi9000
CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000
sooti, Coldwindofnowhere, Lysergic Acid
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: CyanogenMod
Beta Release Date: 2016-04-14
Last Updated 2016-06-14