Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Getting back to it.

5,829 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,490

By eugene373, Retired Recognized Developer on 27th May 2015, 03:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello xda friends,

I've dusted off the relay 4g & playing around with android again to keep my hands busy.

My Question of the day is, are there enough people still using this device to be testers? I've been looking at porting since that's just what I've always done for fun, and currently I'm using the LG G3 on verizon so I won't be able to do network/data testing on tmo.

The other thing, I left off on 4.2/4.3 and wondering if anyone can fill in the blanks regarding issues going to KK/LP.

I've already read some posts regarding memory leaks in LP, and Recovery issues I think..

Happy Modding!
~Eugene

27th May 2015, 09:10 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Crescent City
Thanks Meter: 10,419

Donate to Me
More
Kk was more battery friendly than Lollipop is...in its current state...there's still all sorts of source floating around for it
The Following User Says Thank You to REV3NT3CH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift REV3NT3CH Ad-Free
1st June 2015, 08:10 PM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 881

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene373

Hello xda friends,

I've dusted off the relay 4g & playing around with android again to keep my hands busy.

My Question of the day is, are there enough people still using this device to be testers? I've been looking at porting since that's just what I've always done for fun, and currently I'm using the LG G3 on verizon so I won't be able to do network/data testing on tmo.

The other thing, I left off on 4.2/4.3 and wondering if anyone can fill in the blanks regarding issues going to KK/LP.

I've already read some posts regarding memory leaks in LP, and Recovery issues I think..

Happy Modding!
~Eugene

Dude, drop in to IRC. Dev is pretty close to dead on Relay right now, since Nard and I don't *have* relay's any more, and Magamo's busy in his new parental role...
Before I got rid of mine, I did get 5.0 running on it reasonably OK. Some of the inherent 5.0 glitches made the experience slightly.... crunchy, but it was fully functional. 5.1 would probably work pretty well on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doitright For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doitright Ad-Free
2nd June 2015, 09:48 PM |#4  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitright

Dude, drop in to IRC. Dev is pretty close to dead on Relay right now, since Nard and I don't *have* relay's any more, and Magamo's busy in his new parental role...
Before I got rid of mine, I did get 5.0 running on it reasonably OK. Some of the inherent 5.0 glitches made the experience slightly.... crunchy, but it was fully functional. 5.1 would probably work pretty well on it.

I'll try to drop in tonight, likely around 9 or 10pm after kids are in bed..

Is the irc. Still teamapexq?

Would be Great to hear from you guys.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app
3rd June 2015, 04:50 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 881

More
Quote:

I'll try to drop in tonight, likely around 9 or 10pm after kids are in bed..

Is the irc. Still teamapexq?

Would be Great to hear from you guys.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app

#apexqtmo

teamapexq is the github.
The Following User Says Thank You to doitright For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift doitright Ad-Free
8th June 2015, 10:43 AM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Well I manage to build and boot 5.1.1, but has a ton of bugs currently.

Cam, BT, radio and a few ui issues, kinda cool to see it boot.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eugene373 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eugene373 Ad-Free
17th June 2015, 04:15 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH

Kk was more battery friendly than Lollipop is...in its current state...there's still all sorts of source floating around for it

Finally got 5.1.1 booting using your device tree. Looks like sound, wifi & BT is borked. Likely do to cm-12.0 pulls & needs fixed.

Thanks for the direction & I'll see what I can put together, I'm sure I'll have to mess with the 8960-common now.

I'm surprised cm is not supported pasted 11. As I didn't have to mod frameworks?

Well, thanks again!
~Eugene

18th June 2015, 12:43 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
I've posted booting repositories if anyone is interest in getting cm officially supported again. Might jump into irc later to night & ask the guys about it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eugene373 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eugene373 Ad-Free
22nd June 2015, 03:42 PM |#9  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 279

More
Quote:

I've posted booting repositories if anyone is interest in getting cm officially supported again. Might jump into irc later to night & ask the guys about it.

As of the last time TeamApexQ's repos were touched, CM12 booted, but audio was borked due to a CM change that I never had the time to figure out. -- Never did get around to starting with Android 5.1 on this thing. Nor did we touch Omni after the 5 upgrade, because for a long time their CAF trees were... inadequate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magamo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Magamo Ad-Free
17th August 2015, 04:23 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Eugene, did you gave up on our relay? I hope not.
3rd November 2015, 03:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Just found this thread. Been hoping for signs of life (although this thread is looking pretty dead). Still using the relay until it dies, and would love to see LP or MM on it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)