FORUMS

All USA models Retail Stock Firmware Links Here

3,618 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,182

Post Reply Email Thread
So it seems like Samsung has really switched things up here, with the 5G model. I haven't seen any mention of a U1 model, so I would not expect that to be a thing here in the US - at least not yet. The Verizon and AT&T model are both G977U, G977T is T-Mobile, and G977P is the Sprint model. Firmware packages are comprised of the 4 base files plus a USERDATA.

It appears that even though AT&T and Verizon are both U models, they will each be getting their own distinct updates. For example, we have G977UUCU1ASEM for AT&T but G977UVRU1ASE8 for Verizon. The CSC file names also specifically have "ATT" and "VZW" in them. AT&T and Verizon firmwares have confirmed to be interchangeable (as long as you're not trying to downgrade the bootloader) but you cannot cross flash between anything with different model numbers.

This is not a "beginner's guide to Odin flashing" type post/thread, so I won't list basic, step-by-step instructions. My threads are geared towards those who already know what they're doing. If you're new to manually flashing Samsung firmware, I recommend you consult one of the "beginner's" posts/threads - there are tons of them here on XDA.

Happy flashing!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=292071

Notes:

- Don't quote the OP when you reply, kthx

- I compress extra small for space and bandwidth savings. The default Windows extractor can't handle it, so you'll need a 3rd party tool like 7zip, WinRAR, etc

- I pay for a subscription to a site that gets beta builds and also sometimes gets the official releases before they hit SamFirm/Frija, so that's where my files come from. However, I don't have unlimited bandwidth on the site, and it's also quite time consuming to download the files, zip them up, and upload them to AFH. And, I do threads like this for every single Sx and Note x model. The latest versions of Verizon (manual entry required), Sprint, and T-Mobile firmware can always be downloaded at any time, using SamFirm/Frija. So I won't be adding any of those firmwares to my AFH folders, unless I get early access to them, before they hit SamFirm/Frija. I will be adding at least one version per bootloader increment for AT&T firmware, since their files are never available on SamFirm/Frija. If you want an AT&T version that's not already uploaded, or a Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile version other than whatever the latest is, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

- HOME CSC file keeps data intact; using the other one will wipe data. Also, flashing the USERDATA file will wipe your data. USERDATA is only needing if converting between AT&T and Verizon firmwares. If you're just looking to manually update from an older version, then you can skip the USERDATA file (but I'd still recommend flashing it if you don't care if your phone gets wiped).
**it has been discovered that, like most of the rest of AT&T Samsung models (true U models excluded), the AT&T AP tars have a small "userdata" partition in them that will also initiate a wipe, during the flash. So for bootloader 2 AT&T firmwares and higher, I'll also include a "no-wipe" AP tar that has that partition removed, for those who are looking to manually update from an older AT&T version without losing their data. Flash that, along with BL, CP, and HOME CSC in order to retain your data and not have a factory reset performed.

- My naming method for AFH folders is: build - bootloader - Android version.

So "SAT - 1 - 9.0" means the full build number ends in SAT, it's bootloader version 1, and it's Android 9.0. When bootloader and Android versions increment, the first build to have those changes will have its folder notated appropriately. And each folder will have a designation showing whether it's an AT&T or Verizon build, instead of having separate folders for all of each carrier's builds
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iBowToAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBowToAndroid Ad-Free
20th May 2019, 05:13 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Firmware is now listed on SamFirm. Like almost all Verizon phones, manual entry for the 3 fields is required in order to find/download it
21st May 2019, 06:22 AM |#3  
Flag Moorpark
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Could I use this to flash a unlocked version per say. To get rid of the Verizon bloat and add back the stock Samsung system

Like how the U1 would be if it were made?
21st May 2019, 06:31 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darktorn

Could I use this to flash a unlocked version per say. To get rid of the Verizon bloat and add back the stock Samsung system

Like how the U1 would be if it were made?

Nope. Flashing it is just gonna give you the exact same thing that you have now
The Following User Says Thank You to iBowToAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iBowToAndroid Ad-Free
21st May 2019, 06:32 AM |#5  
Flag Moorpark

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid

Nope. Flashing it is just gonna give you the exact same thing that you have now

Ah damn. So I would have to wait for the elusive unlocked model. Thank you anyway .

I miss my Samsung caller ID and Samsung cloud from my unlocked s10+
27th May 2019, 03:51 AM |#6  

More
can u please put the verizon USA version if available? s10plus5G
27th May 2019, 05:50 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88santee

can u please put the verizon USA version if available? s10plus5G

It's already there, linked in the OP. You can also get it from SamFirm any time that you want
6th June 2019, 05:17 PM |#8  
Flag Hà Nội
Thanks Meter: 43

More
can i flash it on my G977N (korea version) ?
7th June 2019, 01:49 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangtu2410

can i flash it on my G977N (korea version) ?

I don't know. Try it and see what happens
7th June 2019, 04:07 AM |#10  
Flag Hà Nội
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid

I don't know. Try it and see what happens

my device can be brick if it fail or not ?
7th June 2019, 04:45 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoangtu2410

my device can be brick if it fail or not ?

I have no idea. Anything that you do, you do at your own risk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)