FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy S10 Screen Protectors

53 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By geekhunt, Member on 12th February 2019, 12:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I’ve come across 2 articles now that screen protectors will not work on S10 series. Last week a case maker brand tested their screen protector on actual S10 phones, it doesn't work due to ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. I wonder that how other leading brands like GadgetShieldz, Dbrand, Rhinoshield are gonna make screen protectors that works on S10 series. Eagerly waiting for the launch event to see that if Samsung has any solution for this.
Has any brand come up with any solutions? How is Samsung going to solve this??

***************Edit**************

It seems, as of now, only wet application screen protectors like Gadgetshieldz and UV tempered glass like whitestone dome would work with the S10 and S10+. I have also seen Tempered Glass with holes and thin films around the fingerprint area which looks insanely horrible.

With the whitestone costing a whooping 70US$ for the 2 pack and not available until 3/22 (in fact not available for shipping outside US at all), I have ordered the Gadgetshieldz screen + body protector combo for like 10$ from here https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/galaxy-screen-protectors-guards-covers and now looking for a cheap bumper.

That would complete my protection needs for now and will see how performance of other screen protectors pan out mean while.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ajsfkl;alkgf.jpg
Views:	3292
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	4732496   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180131_183217.jpg
Views:	3268
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	4732497   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180131_183201.jpg
Views:	3268
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	4732498  
13th February 2019, 04:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhunt

I’ve come across 2 articles now that screen protectors will not work on S10 series. Last week a case maker brand tested their screen protector on actual S10 phones, it doesn't work due to ultrasonic fingerprint sensor. I wonder that how other leading brands like GadgetShieldz, Dbrand, Rhinoshield are gonna make screen protectors that works on S10 series. Eagerly waiting for the launch event to see that if Samsung has any solution for this.
Has any brand come up with any solutions? How is Samsung going to solve this??

https://www.androidauthority.com/sam...ectors-944073/
https://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s10s...news-35105.php

Some brand said they use a different glue that will not interfere with the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor.
13th February 2019, 08:03 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwfreaks

Some brand said they use a different glue that will not interfere with the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor.

They tried that too, but it doesn't work it seems. It's like other brands are drastically looking for a solution to work on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to juliusjadey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift juliusjadey Ad-Free
13th February 2019, 08:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
[QUOTE=juliusjadey;78894618]They tried that too, but it doesn't work it seems. It's like other brands are drastically looking for a solution to work on it.[/QUOTE
We will find out when it comes
13th February 2019, 09:49 AM |#5  

More
[QUOTE=dfwfreaks;78894718]
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliusjadey

They tried that too, but it doesn't work it seems. It's like other brands are drastically looking for a solution to work on it.[/QUOTE

We can expect that on the launch date of S10, Maybe some brands will also launch their screen protectors for s10.
15th February 2019, 12:26 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Dublin

More
[QUOTE=dfwfreaks;78894718]
Quote:

They tried that too, but it doesn't work it seems. It's like other brands are drastically looking for a solution to work on it.[/QUOTE

Yes when the device is official out we can see what Samsung has really done with the S10 series.
The Following User Says Thank You to geekhunt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geekhunt Ad-Free
16th February 2019, 01:12 AM |#7  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I read the phone will come with a pre-installed protector but I guess we will find out on 2/20.
18th February 2019, 07:18 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose4uKY

I read the phone will come with a pre-installed protector but I guess we will find out on 2/20.

Yes, It seems the phones will comes with a pre-installed screen protector with a hole in it.
18th February 2019, 08:04 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

Yes, It seems the phones will comes with a pre-installed screen protector with a hole in it.

With a Hole....why the fu*k a hole is there?
18th February 2019, 05:08 PM |#10  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunRocker

I haven't heard it will have a hole in it? I saw a picture of one with a hole in it and it was ugly and I think not true. I know we have to wait and see but I just called this Zagg Kiosk at the mall and she said she has the Invisisheild one for the S 10 plus already no glass ones yet I said oh so it's going to work with the Ultra Sonic Sensor and she said I guess so. So I don't know but if It didn't work they would give you a refund. Everyone is saying Whitestone will be the only one to have a tempered glass one that will work so we will have to wait and see.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunRocker

The Following User Says Thank You to Rose4uKY For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rose4uKY Ad-Free
18th February 2019, 10:16 PM |#11  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 8,020

More
Apparently the whitestone dome will work with the onscreen fingerprint reader.

Theres no air gap with it like the usual screen protectors on curved screens
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
#s10 #galaxy

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)