FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

My Whitestone experiencie

141 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By lumiden, Senior Member on 29th July 2019, 11:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So, I just installed the Whitestone Dome on my S10+.

1) Installation is complicated for someone who has never done this kind of screen protector before.
2) Fingerprint for me is working exactly as before. If I put the finger in the right place for enough time then I get like 100% success rate. Don't even need to press harder than before.
3) I got bubbles... My desk wasn't perfectly flat, so like 30% of the adhesive started spilling out and I think this caused the bubbles, but you can avoid it by doing it in a perfectly flat surface.

I hate having bubbles cos it's a expensive screen protector, but they are not as bad... so maybe in the future I'll try to reapply it.

Hope this helped.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lumiden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lumiden Ad-Free

12th August 2019, 09:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I would look on Ali Express for replacement uv screens. You already have what probably cost the most from White Stone, which is the application contraption.
3rd September 2019, 09:19 AM |#3  
Flag Algiers
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Well, for me, it was hard to apply it the first time. I'm glad I went with the box with 2 screens protectors.
About 2 or 3 weeks after applying it, I started noticing some cracks on it even if the I didn't drop the phone nor had it in same pocket as change and keys but still it was good. a couple of days ago I accidentally dropped the phone from about 1m high and it did absorb the chock very well. I'll definitely would get a replacement from them soon.
As for the fingerprint it does work fine and I have about 9:10 success rate.
8th September 2019, 01:58 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

More
After one month of use I have a different view on this.

1) Fingerprint stops working after a few days and you need to redo the prints every 3/4 days. Even if you do that, it won't work great.

2) I can see more bubbles than before, specially on the edges.

3) One corner has a small crack, so can't reapply it... I think I only droped it once and I have a strong case, so the glass didn't even touched the floor.

I would recommend not to expend this amount of money on this. It would be ok if it costed 20 usd. But 50? 40? It's just too expensive for this product.
The Following User Says Thank You to lumiden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lumiden Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 09:56 PM |#5  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 377

More
In my case it was perfect installation, following instructions. I'd say fingerprint is harder todete t now
14th September 2019, 09:48 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Iv been using an Amazon brand Whitestone for years by a company called "color" they are the same quality and never had any issues with them.. cost me £10 GBP
14th September 2019, 07:16 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelguy

Iv been using an Amazon brand Whitestone for years by a company called "color" they are the same quality and never had any issues with them.. cost me £10 GBP

link please.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)