FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Combination/Factory binary(SM-G973F) - New Odin Protection

1,471 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,301

By dr87, Inactive Recognized Developer on 26th February 2019, 07:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here is the factory binary / combination rom for the SM-G973F. I currently have both the 973F/970F on hand and both combinations for them .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGL...sjHrVh60I/view

However, there seems to be a new protection method against flashing combination / factory devices on these phones. I attached a screenshot of the error in Odin. The screenshot text is not very clear but the message is "Please get the approval to use factory binaries (BOOTLOADER)"
(But however if you remove the sboot.bin the other partitions will also fail anyway )

I am working on modifying the CSC and regions to enable certain features for custom roms but I must first bypass this issue, if even possible. If anyone has any ideas I don't mind risking bricking the device to test something out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	approva;.jpg
Views:	7440
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	4713113  
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to dr87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dr87 Ad-Free
27th February 2019, 01:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr87

Here is the factory binary / combination rom for the SM-G973F. I currently have both the 973F/970F on hand and both combinations for them .

However, there seems to be a new protection method against flashing combination / factory devices on these phones. I attached a screenshot of the error in Odin. The screenshot text is not very clear but the message is "Please get the approval to use factory binaries (BOOTLOADER) (But however if you remove the bootloader the next partition will also fail)

I am working on modifying the CSC and regions to enable certain features for custom roms but I must first bypass this issue, if even possible. If anyone has any ideas I don't mind risking bricking the device to test something out.

Any idea why this is happening? im getting the same on an SM-G975F!
27th February 2019, 07:21 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
pm...Good chance I got solution
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curioususers For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift curioususers Ad-Free
27th February 2019, 11:08 PM |#4  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 112

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by curioususers

pm...Good chance I got solution

Hi, share your solution !! dude this will accelerate custom rom dev
1st March 2019, 04:10 AM |#5  
Flag Twin Cities MN
Thanks Meter: 889

Donate to Me
More
The part about removing the bootloader - is that part of the actual message as well?
2nd March 2019, 10:33 PM |#6  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockyy

Hi, share your solution !! dude this will accelerate custom rom dev

No solution yet, Samsung implemented factory binary protection in the S10 it seems, old workaround does not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid

The part about removing the bootloader - is that part of the actual message as well?

No sorry, I forgot to end quote , will fix it
3rd March 2019, 01:57 AM |#7  
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No sorry, I forgot to end quote , will fix it

So are you saying that if you repack it without the sboot, it'll give the same message, but with a different partition in the parentheses?
3rd March 2019, 02:02 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So are you saying that if you repack it without the sboot, it'll give the same message, but with a different partition in the parentheses?

Exactly this. It seems that every factory/combination partition is signed as such and the device will not allow it to flash. I tried flashing all partitions 1 by 1, among other things. No luck so far.
3rd March 2019, 02:12 AM |#9  
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Exactly this. It seems that every factory/combination partition is signed as such and the device will not allow it to flash. I tried flashing all partitions 1 by 1, among other things. No luck so far.

We'll probably need a modded/leaked Odin then. Can you flash stock firmware with existing Odin?
3rd March 2019, 02:15 AM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

We'll probably need a modded/leaked Odin then. Can you flash stock firmware with existing Odin?

Yup! Stock flashes fine on 3.13
3rd March 2019, 02:26 AM |#11  
Flag Twin Cities MN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yup! Stock flashes fine on 3.13

Are all the Factory partitions LZ4s?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)