FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MAGISK MODULE][ASH6] Powermenu reboot mod / volume warning removal / mock location

4,090 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,242

By fOmey, Recognized Developer on 8th April 2019, 03:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Simple magisk module that modifys the powermenu behaviour to boot directly back into magisk when selecting the reboot option.

I created this for personal use, thought I would share just in case someone else finds it useful.

I've also added the patches to "smali patcher" for future firmware updates which will allow you to generate your own updated modules based on new firmware bases!

You can find smali patcher: HERE

It uses the same module ID as smali patcher generated modules, this by design they should overwrite one another.

PATCHES ::
  • Mock locations - Hide mock locations status, allowing apps like Pokemon GO to treat them as genuine location updates.
  • Magisk reboot (Galaxy S10) - Reboot directly back into magisk from powermenu.
  • High volume warning - Disable high volume popup dialog.

If for whatever reason you find yourself in a boot loop caused by using this mod on a different rom base than the one specified in the thread title:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey

You can remove magisk modules from recovery mode.. dont need any third party tools.

1. Boot into TWRP
  2. Advanced -> File Manager
  3. Navigate to: data -> adb -> modules -> module directory (in this case "fomey.smalipatcher") -> Folder icon (bottom right) -> Delete

I've removed any posts regarding xposed from this thread.. this was done to prevent this thread being filled up with "xposed support" posts. Please take all future xposed discussion to their own relevant threads.
Attached Files
File Type: zip [email protected] - [Click for QR Code] (9.65 MB, 296 views)
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to fOmey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th April 2019, 04:45 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Installed it and phone is now stuck in a boot loop -.-
8th April 2019, 08:04 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Thanks! Working for me on S10+
8th April 2019, 10:30 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney, AUS

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSkillerPC

Installed it and phone is now stuck in a boot loop -.-

You are using this on a ASCA base rom right?
8th April 2019, 11:16 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Not sure if this is relevant but there appears to be a bug with the TWRP magisk patched root method where trying to get into TWRP after the first boot causes a Bootloop. I've experienced this also but it's not caused by this module. A few people have reported it to Geite on his post so hopefully he can replicate it in the coming days
The Following User Says Thank You to daveuk87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daveuk87 Ad-Free
9th April 2019, 02:46 AM |#6  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 55

More
edited: working fine with s10+ thanks
9th April 2019, 04:11 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey

You are using this on a ASCA base rom right?

what does this mean?
The Following User Says Thank You to IsocolXDA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IsocolXDA Ad-Free
9th April 2019, 06:26 AM |#8  
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsocolXDA

what does this mean?

You shouldn't be playing with root twrp and roms if you don't understand what that means :/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aussiesausage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aussiesausage Ad-Free
9th April 2019, 07:10 AM |#9  
Flag Alicante
Thanks Meter: 1,292

Donate to Me
More
Very good work!! Thanks!!

Working perfect on S10+ 975F
9th April 2019, 08:15 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiesausage

You shouldn't be playing with root twrp and roms if you don't understand what that means :/

Im not, i was just wondering. I am using root for greenify and some minor customisation.
9th April 2019, 08:57 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney, AUS

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsocolXDA

what does this mean?

ASCA is the end of the rom build number this module was created with, every rom build/update has a unique build number (you can find this in settings -> about -> software).

General rule of thumb is use mods that match your rom build number to avoid any funny business (crashing & boot loops).. if your using mismatch mod/rom build numbers it can cause havoc.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
magisk, reboot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)