FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

App built in notification sounds

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By kptkill, Junior Member on 12th September 2019, 02:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since upgrading to the S10 i've noticed that Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, etc all use the default notification sound. Is there a setting to use the apps own sounds as opposed to setting it globally? I do see where i can set my own sound in each app, overriding the global system default, but I don't see where to use Facebook Messenger's own chirp, vs whats built into the OS.

12th September 2019, 08:02 PM |#2  
It seems like it's done on a per app basis. Goto settings, apps, then select whatever app, then go under notifications where you see all the options for the app. This is all I could find on my S10 plus here.
12th September 2019, 10:11 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyJSG

It seems like it's done on a per app basis. Goto settings, apps, then select whatever app, then go under notifications where you see all the options for the app. This is all I could find on my S10 plus here.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, i see that i can override via system settings each individual app, but i don't see "use app default" or whatever, just where i can manually override each app w/ a clip I have on my phone. For example, i don't have the Snapchat "sound" on my phone... i know the app has its own internal sound, but no idea how to set it to use that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)