FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Auto brightness working well for you guys?

377 posts
Thanks Meter: 129

By destz0r, Senior Member on 10th March 2019, 08:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I noticed that on my S10e, auto brightness doesnt work as well as it did on my Note 9.

Sometimes I have to manually turn down my brightness if I turn off the lights in my bedroom for example. Or if i turn on the lights, brightness stays on the same level. But if i turn off my phone display then turn it back on, the brightness is suddenly changed.

How well does it work for you guys?

10th March 2019, 08:59 AM |#2  
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by destz0r

I noticed that on my S10e, auto brightness doesnt work as well as it did on my Note 9.

Sometimes I have to manually turn down my brightness if I turn off the lights in my bedroom for example. Or if i turn on the lights, brightness stays on the same level. But if i turn off my phone display then turn it back on, the brightness is suddenly changed.

How well does it work for you guys?

I have noticed that my S10e is slow to respond to ambient lighting
10th March 2019, 09:48 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have an S10 and to be honest it's hard to say if auto brightness is working how it should. Coming from an LG V30 this phone's display is significantly brighter and especially more apparent when using it in the dark. Even the darkest setting is too bright. I always check the level to make sure auto brightness is working as it should and I guess it is? Either that or it's stuck.
10th March 2019, 11:11 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
my only comment is that in totally dark room it does not go all the way down , it stays a little bit brighter than normal and than my old iphone x

talking about the s10+
10th March 2019, 03:50 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brugge

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohamad Gahed

my only comment is that in totally dark room it does not go all the way down , it stays a little bit brighter than normal and than my old iphone x

talking about the s10+

yeah same here, and the strange thing is that on my Samsung Note 9 & Samsung S7 it actually used to go all the way down in a totally dark room, but on this phone it doesnt for some reason..
10th March 2019, 06:06 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 458

More
It can take a bit for Adaptive brightness to learn what your favorite settings are like.
10th March 2019, 06:40 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Yes, same here, I have s10 and in the dark auto brightness is near to half. Wtf?! I tried to calibrate, no chance. For sure this is a bug. If you go in *#0*# you will see it s writing uncalibrate light sensor
10th March 2019, 07:05 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brugge

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devhux

It can take a bit for Adaptive brightness to learn what your favorite settings are like.

nah, on my Note 9 & S7 it worked as it should on the first day i got those phones

there clearly is a problem with adaptive brightness on the S10, anyone with the S10 who had another samsung phone previously will notice that
10th March 2019, 07:54 PM |#9  
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 3,156

More
no, the auto brightness is trash. it sucks. it never gets bright enough even tho i've made adjustments literally daily. it sucks.
11th March 2019, 06:10 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charkatak

I have noticed that my S10e is slow to respond to ambient lighting

Yup. Same here. Maybe software update will fix this soon.

Even with factory reset it still happened.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
11th March 2019, 06:13 AM |#11  
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1tymez

Yup. Same here. Maybe software update will fix this soon.

Even with factory reset it still happened.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I too did factory reset...at least we have tried

Different topic: I will wait for T-Mobile firmware one more day and may possibly return the device back to Samsung and keep my Pixel 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)