7th May 2019, 05:16 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player04

Mine keeps on coming back

Quote:

Put it in the download mode. I believe 2nd option to turn off oem lock. Dont be silly. You always put back stock firmware and pretend like nothing happen to the phone.

I do not understand what's going on ? should I upload pure xeo and off OEM?

7th May 2019, 08:01 PM |#12  
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 1,071

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Put it in the download mode. I believe 2nd option to turn off oem lock. Dont be silly. You always put back stock firmware and pretend like nothing happen to the phone.

Pretend all you want but if Knox is tripped, it would take an idiot to pay anything near what it's worth.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tel864 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tel864 Ad-Free
8th May 2019, 02:11 AM |#13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxxx

Try to reflash everything stock.

If this doesn't work, congrats, you played yourself and discovered the inconveniences linked to wanting root on a European Samsung device.

By inconvenience do you mean that's it, i cant re lock it? Or it's just one of those things that is a nightmare to try and put back?
8th May 2019, 02:12 AM |#14  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel864

Pretend all you want but if Knox is tripped, it would take an idiot to pay anything near what it's worth.

Agreed unfortunately. Just need to find that idiot haha
The Following User Says Thank You to akkaria For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akkaria Ad-Free
20th May 2019, 05:20 PM |#15  
Flag Veracruz
Thanks Meter: 389

Donate to Me
More
I was thinking of a way to block the bootloader, and I came up with something very basic, so please who can try the method, share whether it works or not.

How to re-lock bootloader

1. Turn off your device.
2. Press Bixby + Volume down and connect your device to a PC to start the download mode (now you can release both buttons)
3. Read the text below on the Download Mode screen
to block or unblock the Bootloader.
4.- Long press the vol (- or +) button as best suits you.
LOCK BOOTLOADER:
5. Long press the volume up button (+) until the computer is restarted (this will erase your data and restart automatically).
Ready! Now you have a device with an OEM lock.

Good luck my friends!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chalofito For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chalofito Ad-Free
22nd May 2019, 02:16 AM |#16  
Flag boston
Thanks Meter: 201

More
has anyone figured out how to get rid of the unlocked bootloader message? i am thinking of giving my phone to a girl who works for me, she will not care about samsung pay or anything else lost once knox is tripped. i ended up buying a p30, this phone is just too big for me, and with the limited development on the s10, and better camera on the p30 im willing to go unrooted for the first time in about 12 phones
22nd May 2019, 11:39 PM |#17  
OP Junior Member

More
A lot of the reading I've been doing, people are saying your phone needs to be on and active for 7 days for the grayed out OEM unlock to become active. I'm currently half way there so on the seventh day i will report back if this is in fact true.

However, now that Knox has been tripped my phone wont be sell able anyway. Even if i get the bootloader locked again and the message is gone, once Knox is tripped there are certain apps you wont be able to use... Samsung Pay, Google Pay and even Netflix i'm finding. Looks like i'm stuck with it.
25th May 2019, 01:28 AM |#18  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkaria

A lot of the reading I've been doing, people are saying your phone needs to be on and active for 7 days for the grayed out OEM unlock to become active. I'm currently half way there so on the seventh day i will report back if this is in fact true.

However, now that Knox has been tripped my phone wont be sell able anyway. Even if i get the bootloader locked again and the message is gone, once Knox is tripped there are certain apps you wont be able to use... Samsung Pay, Google Pay and even Netflix i'm finding. Looks like i'm stuck with it.

Google Play and Netflix? Those shouldn't be getting triggered by Knox being tripped, they're not Samsung apps nor do they tap into any Samsung service... are you sure they're not working?
27th May 2019, 02:31 PM |#19  
Flag Krakow
Thanks Meter: 6,019

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountVonKrolock

Google Play and Netflix? Those shouldn't be getting triggered by Knox being tripped, they're not Samsung apps nor do they tap into any Samsung service... are you sure they're not working?

Unlocked bootloader? No safetynet. No Google pay.
27th May 2019, 03:43 PM |#20  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxxx

Unlocked bootloader? No safetynet. No Google pay.

Duh. Silly me. I read "Google pLay" instead of "pay".

Still, Netflix not working is weird. I wasn't aware they now looked for a SafetyNet check instead of just checking for actual root.
27th May 2019, 11:01 PM |#21  
Flag Krakow
Thanks Meter: 6,019

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountVonKrolock

Duh. Silly me. I read "Google pLay" instead of "pay".

Still, Netflix not working is weird. I wasn't aware they now looked for a SafetyNet check instead of just checking for actual root.

It's due to the DRM AFAIK. There is a trick where renaming libcrypto to something else would work. Not sure if this is still a thing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)