FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Why isn't my LG HBS810 headset working properly with my Galaxy S10?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Rod F, Junior Member on 22nd June 2019, 02:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have been a long time Windows 10 Mobile user. However, Microsoft is leaving that platform behind, so I had to move on. A week ago today I purchased my first Android phone, the Samsung Galaxy S10. Things seem to be going well, although there is a learning curve.

One thing which isn't working correctly is my LG HBS810 Bluetooth headset. With my old Windows 10 Mobile device I could easily answer calls, initiate calls, listen to music, send text messages, etc. With my S10 I cannot initiate a call, answer a call nor send a text message. If I initiate a call using my S10, it works fine, but that's not useful when I'm driving. I'd rather just press the button on the headset to answer a call. I've gone into the Settings | Bluetooth and tried to figure out what's wrong. As far as I can determine the Use For does have both Calls and Audio checked. I've checked the LG HBS810 Bluetooth headset's specs; it uses Bluetooth 4.1. My new S10 uses Bluetooth 5. And certainly the LG HBS810 Bluetooth headset is older, but it was still functional with my old Windows 10 Mobile device - I just concluded it would work with my S10.

Is there some other setting(s) somewhere else I should go to, to enable something I've left undone? Or is it the case that the LG HBS810 Bluetooth headset is just too old for my S10?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)