FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New Night Mode Camera Question

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By eigenjim, Junior Member on 20th June 2019, 09:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am planning to get a new S10 soon. With the new dedicate night mode update, I have a few questions:
1. Is it possible to use Night mode in bright condition(like during a sunny day)? This because night mode in the Pixel phone provide better quality even in bright condition.
2. Is it possible to force Night mode to use the telephoto camera.
3. Is it possible to force Night mode to use the ultra wide angle camera

Thanks!

20th June 2019, 10:49 PM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4,630

Donate to Me
More
1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
Except there is no forcing anything as you just selection the options normally on the camera app interface

Also this is a thread for the Q&A section.
22nd June 2019, 03:50 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
2 is apperently in the works as well for ultra wide angle
22nd June 2019, 12:56 PM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4,630

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmantech

2 is apperently in the works as well for ultra wide angle

2 is referring to the 2x optical zoom lens. Night mode already works with the Ultra wide lens.
25th June 2019, 04:41 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Can I also ask if the night mode is actually useable? IE does not require super steady hands or long exposure times? For example with the Ultra wide which has a smaller aperture.

What kind of exposure times are usually applied in the dark? I'm talking about in the outdoors, some street lights, artificial lighting etc.
25th June 2019, 08:09 AM |#6  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 31

More
more than usable
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee82gx

Can I also ask if the night mode is actually useable? IE does not require super steady hands or long exposure times? For example with the Ultra wide which has a smaller aperture.

What kind of exposure times are usually applied in the dark? I'm talking about in the outdoors, some street lights, artificial lighting etc.

Night mode doesn't need super steady hands. A normal non-shaky hand is enough to get an excellent photograph.

Exposure is based on the lighting available. For me, outdoors with street lighting shot has always been around 1/6 th of a second. Again this always depends on the light available for the sensor you are using.
The Following User Says Thank You to pchetan2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pchetan2 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)