FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Phone Screen Issue when on a phone call

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Nikick83, Junior Member on 10th March 2019, 12:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a s10+ from tmobile with the latest update installed. I have an odd problem and am not sure if it is just me or the software. So when I place a call the screen is on of course. I then move the phone to my ear to take the call and of course the screen turns off. Now this is where the issue is. So while the call is still going on if I pull the phone back off my ear to be in front of me normally it should turn on the screen again, however it does not. No matter what I do, the only way to turn the screen on is to press the power button. Is this normal, because all my other Samsung phones did it correctly. Please let me know if this is a widespread issue / normal or if something is wrong with my phone specifically. Thanks!

10th March 2019, 12:32 AM |#2  
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 187

More
You probably already restarted the phone, but what about turning it off, then back on? The proximity sensor on my S10e at times may take couple more seconds to show the screen after I move my phone away from the ear
10th March 2019, 12:50 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks for the reply. Yes I have tried restarting my phone no luck. Also when I pull it away from my ear I have waited 10 seconds or more and still nothing.

Anyone else, especially with a s10+ from tmobile with the latest update?
10th March 2019, 01:04 AM |#4  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikick83

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have tried restarting my phone no luck. Also when I pull it away from my ear I have waited 10 seconds or more and still nothing.

Anyone else, especially with a s10+ from tmobile with the latest update?

I'm having the same problem
10th March 2019, 03:03 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckboy1129

I'm having the same problem

OK, well at least I'm not alone. So now if more people post maybe it is a software thing instead of my specific phone.
13th March 2019, 10:14 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I have the same issue. Unfortunately I use the power button to end call feature.

One thing that did seem to work for me earlier was to turn the phone face down then turn it back over and the screen came back on. I have only tested this twice though.

Sucks when you're in a call and need to use the keypad but the screen won't come back on.
13th March 2019, 10:19 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerdad09

I have the same issue. Unfortunately I use the power button to end call feature.

One thing that did seem to work for me earlier was to turn the phone face down then turn it back over and the screen came back on. I have only tested this twice though.

Sucks when you're in a call and need to use the keypad but the screen won't come back on.

Thanks for the reply. Yes it's very frustrating...

So I tried your suggestion and for me it doesn't work.

Looks like this might be an issue for several people just not wide spread. Time to exchange the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)